Proc paladin (divine purpose) BFA

In the BFA beta how far behind is divine purpose compared to crusade?
    The mastery changing back to %holy damage in BFA has tempted me to play my paladin again but the playstyle I truly loved was the WoD Ret paladin that was procing free divine storms due to the draenor perk.

Firstly is it even slightly compedative looking in the BFA beta? And secondly is it better to simply play a class that is designed to rely more on procs/wack a mole gameplay like a frost dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Acc4meplz View Post
    In the BFA beta how far behind is divine purpose compared to crusade?
    The mastery changing back to %holy damage in BFA has tempted me to play my paladin again but the playstyle I truly loved was the WoD Ret paladin that was procing free divine storms due to the draenor perk.

Firstly is it even slightly compedative looking in the BFA beta? And secondly is it better to simply play a class that is designed to rely more on procs/wack a mole gameplay like a frost dk.
    Well you should play what you enjoy most firstly. I loved WoD proc Ret and Legion Ret isn't too far away from it if you spec the proc talents like Blade of Wrath and Divine Purpose. Which is how i like to play. In legion you got a legendary to have both Divine purpose and Crusade which is awesome.

On BFA beta, Ret plays the same as Legion Ret but has some returning beloved talents like Hammer of Wrath and Selfless Healer plus also Inquisition (puke). Right now BFA Ret is definitely more enjoyable than Legion Ret from what I've played so I'm very excited for BFA launch. Can't wait for character copy to open so i can test levelling with my legion gear and legendaries.
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2018-06-07 at 09:00 AM.

There is still more than two months to go until BfA drops, so you can't really rely on how the talents are tuned at the moment. There should still be more tweaks coming before BfA release. Having said that, Divine Purpose is doing alright at the moment. Comparing it to Crusade is a mentality you should abandon, because in it's current state Inquisition is the top contender. It is clearly the best talent, while Crusade is really quite weak right now and should receive some buffs. DP is right there in the middle, not optimal but okay for many purposes.

Lets hope all talents are balanced (yeah right)

No but honestly, would love to have Hammer of Wrath and Divine Purpose talented and doing good damage

Thanks for the helpful reply Bane, it's nice to get some feedback that's reasonably positive. Since I'm not aiming to raid anything above normal the dps loss wouldn't be anything major.
    Good luck and enjoy the rest of the beta since character copying was just enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Lets hope all talents are balanced (yeah right)

No but honestly, would love to have Hammer of Wrath and Divine Purpose talented and doing good damage
    Talents can't be perfectly "balanced" when they have different niches.

For example, if you are fighting Kin'garoth, the priority is to kill adds. They spawn every 2 minutes and you have about 30 seconds to kill them.
    Even if talents were perfectly balanced on training dummy, obviously talents such as Crusade (improving your 25s wings window) and HoW (hard hitting ability during those wings) would be the clear choice to take.

To compensate for stronger burst (Crusade, ES, HoW) or execute (HoW), these talents need to be weaker in other situations (such as AoE or even Patchwerk if there aren't other good niches), otherwise they become default choices (you have more control over your dps because of better burst with no downside).

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Talents can't be perfectly "balanced" when they have different niches.

For example, if you are fighting Kin'garoth, the priority is to kill adds. They spawn every 2 minutes and you have about 30 seconds to kill them.
    Even if talents were perfectly balanced on training dummy, obviously talents such as Crusade (improving your 25s wings window) and HoW (hard hitting ability during those wings) would be the clear choice to take.

To compensate for stronger burst (Crusade, ES, HoW) or execute (HoW), these talents need to be weaker in other situations (such as AoE or even Patchwerk if there aren't other good niches), otherwise they become default choices (you have more control over your dps because of better burst with no downside).
    Makes sense, but lets hope we actually need to swap talents for certain situations. I dont want to have the same talents all expansion again

7+ Year Old Account
    "Divine Purpose's proc chance has been reduced to 15% (down from 20%), but it now also increases the damage and healing of that free Holy Power spender by 20%."

I quite like this to be honest, now when Art of War is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Acc4meplz View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply Bane, it's nice to get some feedback that's reasonably positive. Since I'm not aiming to raid anything above normal the dps loss wouldn't be anything major.
    Good luck and enjoy the rest of the beta since character copying was just enabled
    Now even better they've just made Blade of Wrath baseline as our new Art of War. So its getting better an better for Ret with the procs.

The new changes to DP and BoW are going to be major in terms of build options to come.

Right now the synergy with this update for Righteous Verdict, new Blade of Wrath and new Divine Purpose appears to be a great combo.

Needless to say, how this will affect the 60 row needs to be seen. Regardless that row needs to be tweaked anyhow. And beyond that any way to get Hammer of Wrath baseline is desirable imo or at least buff it as a talent to remain competitive.