Thread: The Boys

Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was honestly hoping they would go somewhere interesting with Supersonic, rather than him just being another decent person to add to Homelander's always growing kill count. Off screen death too, didn't even milk his death after all the building up they did for his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    When did they show that? I vaguely remember him suffering an injury that burned through his mask, but all you saw under that was burn marks with no skin at all.
    When Maeve saved Starlight by making him eat the nuts bar in season 2 I think

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    This show is wildly entertaining. The naked tiny man scene S3E1 Premiere was hilarious and disturbing at the same time. I've seen things I can not un-see!
    they did what the Marvel producers wouldn't let Ant-Man do to Thanos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Super Hamster and I got to see Ackles cheeks…. great episode!
    I heard they were super & natural...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Was honestly hoping they would go somewhere interesting with Supersonic, rather than him just being another decent person to add to Homelander's always growing kill count. Off screen death too, didn't even milk his death after all the building up they did for his character.
    Kinda seems like that was the whole point he more or less his fills the roll of a fridged wife/girlfriend, showing up and being supportive but under Developed just to be killed off for shock value and to further motivate the hero.

Of course this is normally a roll used just to
    Motive male characters but they have clearly been trying to turn heads with there treating male characters like female ones with the ton of want they put on display but nothing on the woman side.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Kinda seems like that was the whole point he more or less his fills the roll of a fridged wife/girlfriend, showing up and being supportive but under Developed just to be killed off for shock value and to further motivate the hero.

Of course this is normally a roll used just to
    Motive male characters but they have clearly been trying to turn heads with there treating male characters like female ones with the ton of want they put on display but nothing on the woman side.
    To be fair I think his death will be a pretty big deal moving forward. The newest member of the seven is dead, people won't be able to ignore that and I think we'll see Homelander having to deal with problem he created without anyone to clean it up for him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Personally I think the scene with Black Noir in the last episode was a red herring. My money is Vought had him killed (he looked pretty damn useless given that he couldn't even grab his own helmet) and had the comic book version of the character put in his place, as Noir's costume was a perfect cover for their safety plan. Especially given what happened to the original one, giving him a perfect excuse for why he doesn't speak or ever remove his helmet.
    What about him getting injured by the explosion from that terrorist supe guy?

Homelander (or his clone) wouldn't even get a scratch from that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    To be fair I think his death will be a pretty big deal moving forward. The newest member of the seven is dead, people won't be able to ignore that and I think we'll see Homelander having to deal with problem he created without anyone to clean it up for him.
    I kinda doubt it will be any more then a foot note he’s like the 5th or 6th seventh member To leave the team id be surprised if what her name PR girl isn’t ready for it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Red flags everywhere on that fella Homelander butchered. That being said, how's it going to go losing a new member of the 7 so quick without raising suspicion on Homelander with people seeing how hot he's been lately on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Translucent was an established member and Hughie turning him into goo was barely a blip.
    Him being supposedly killed by a super terrorist is one of the major plot points regarding supes in the military. Wouldn't call it a blip.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Red flags everywhere on that fella Homelander butchered. That being said, how's it going to go losing a new member of the 7 so quick without raising suspicion on Homelander with people seeing how hot he's been lately on TV?
    The public just think vought has been trying to censor him and some shadow deep state are controlling things they don’t thinning he’s a psycho murder yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Episode 4 was kinda meh, which was surprising since the first 3 were a sublime mockery of american greed subverting every moral point on the compass. The joke about printing money was a nice touch atleast.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Roflmao. He’s swept under the rug until S2 when they basically lie about his death to help push for military supes. Which was something they were pushing for since long before Translucent’s death. It’s really not anything the public cared about until Homelander lied about his death. Even then it wasn’t his death that was the big push. It was actual “supe terrorists”.
    The point is that in the past Vought would always cover these things up but now that Homelander is in charge he's responsible for making sure things get covered up. So the question is how he'll handle this newest mess now that it's his responsibility to do so.

By telling Vought to do what they always do. It’s not like Mr. Edgar was personally responsible for cleaning up messes.
    It was implied he was. It's not like the entire company knows what's really going on. Homelander can't just tell people to cover up a murder because not everyone at the company is actively aware of the fact that they cover up murders.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Watched the new episode tonight.

Kinda felt extremely forced with this rift they are trying to make between Starlight and Hughie. Feel like she should be waaaaay more in favor of using Soldier Boy as a means to kill Homelander. Homelander literally threatened to wipe out the United States a few episodes ago and Soldier Boy is literally the only the only weapon they have against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Reiser is perfect as The Legend

The temp V turns Butcher into Homelander. Not sure why you think Soldier Boy is the only weapon they have.
    Butcher has similar powers, but we haven't seen anything to suggest his temp powers put him nearly at the same level as Homelander's. Haven't even see if he can fly yet. So the assumption would be he is basically like every other Supe who pales in comparison to Homelander.

Finished up the whole season over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good and the ending of the series was entertaining. I think they left a lot on the table though. The ante could have been brought up with Solider Boy and Homelander, IMO. More on the Deep would have been nice as well. Still really fun and I thought a strong season overall.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Finished up the whole season over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good and the ending of the series was entertaining. I think they left a lot on the table though. The ante could have been brought up with Solider Boy and Homelander, IMO. More on the Deep would have been nice as well. Still really fun and I thought a strong season overall.
    there's still 3 episodes left to be released for season 3. what are you talking about? are you from the future? also no spoilers!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    spotted the time traveler