Thread: The Boys

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's one way to end Herogasm. Good to see Homelander finally getting his ass kicked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Homelander's face got bruised in this episode. And he got beat and had to run (fly). Not so invincible after all.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-24 at 04:29 AM.

That was a pretty crazy fight. Everything I wanted from that matchup. Have to wonder if the TempV is gonna have some side effects. Also wonder what happens when their supply runs dry with Maeve out of the picture (temporarily?)

A-Train's coolest moment in 3 seasons, personally, even if he ends up toasted (maybe not?)

The Frenchie/Kimiko stuff was the emotional touchstone I think the episode needed - diametrically opposed to the hate and brutality M.M. and Butcher and even Hughie a little were putting out this episode.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    2 words: holy shit.

that episode was a fucking rollercoaster.

5 members down, 2 to go. Mindstorm and Black Noir

Great episode, swear Homelander is the best villain in years. Soldier Boy is a great addition this season.

Herogasm... what a name for the episode.

Love the fight between the big dogs. Soldier Boy is coming off as a total bro, but guessing that's going to change eventually.

The biggest peeve in the episode though was the strangely illogical choices. Honestly, Discount-AOC's deal to Starlight seemed both genuine and really not that big of a deal in an attempt to help her daughter out, but Starlight decided that was a good time to freak out at her, continuing her trend of needlessly spitting in the faces of people who could kill her if they wanted to.

Then there's MM vendetta against Soldier Boy. No one thinks of asking him to hold off on his revenge until they use SB to kill his other enemy and also the biggest threat to humanity, which could have easily been a few minutes at that point of the episode. They are treating it like a situation where you have to choose between his revenge or killing Homelander, when he can easily have both.

Also wondering why Starlight didn't name Victoria Neuman as the headpopper if she's doing a full tell-all against Soldier Boy and Homelander.

I really thought the clash between the big boys would create a lot more havoc. Hell, just normal humans having a fight can bust up walls and such. These are the biggest of the big supes hitting each other, I expected everything in a mile radius to be busted all to hell! Was still cool, though.

Maybe they just blew their set-destroying budget on Soldier Boy's freak out.

Funny thing is that both Soldier Boy and Homelander probably count this as a loss. SB because Homelander did show to be stronger overall, and Homelander because he actually felt the need to flee from the three.

Complete fucking shit.

Temp v makes u as strong as lander. Lol.

Yea, let's buff everyone we want and nerf others. This butcher guy never gonna die. Derail too much....

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    Complete fucking shit.

Yea, let's buff everyone we want and nerf others. This butcher guy never gonna die. Derail too much....
    I will say that - given that Homelander seems to have no issue killing people who are threatening him - it seems odd to me that Butcher and Hughie just persist in surviving no matter what.

But hey, that's what protagonists are for.

Complete fucking shit.

I don't know what you were watching but it took three of them just to hold him down and it still wasn't enough.

Not to mention they only got so far because they surprised him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I will say that - given that Homelander seems to have no issue killing people who are threatening him - it seems odd to me that Butcher and Hughie just persist in surviving no matter what.

Its mostly because he's never really viewed them as a threat. He has no reason to go out of his way to kill them. He'd rather just make their lives as miserable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

It's one of the basic conceits required for plots to function. Why does no Bond villain just shoot him in the head first chance? Why is there never an unseen, unnoticed sniper that ends the protagonist in two seconds flat from a mile away? Because then we have no story, and we WANT a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's one of the basic conceits required for plots to function. Why does no Bond villain just shoot him in the head first chance? Why is there never an unseen, unnoticed sniper that ends the protagonist in two seconds flat from a mile away? Because then we have no story, and we WANT a story.
    Its still lazy writing. No one expects a sniper to take out the protagonist instantly that would just be comical. But when you try bend the line of reality like the boys which is much more of a take of "what it would be like if superheroes really did exist. That tone and scope is lost when you push things too far in terms of plausible deniability

SHIT STORY.

UNLESS lander goes nuts on em in last episode. And in s4 they actually recruit someone who is equally as strong and let the shit show begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Although rus did have a weapon to stop supes but it was not shown in show.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its still lazy writing. No one expects a sniper to take out the protagonist instantly that would just be comical. But when you try bend the line of reality like the boys which is much more of a take of "what it would be like if superheroes really did exist. That tone and scope is lost when you push things too far in terms of plausible deniability
    The sniper thing is just a very extreme example for the same thing: that you could usually find a way in which the problems of a plot cease to be problems, except of course you WANT them to be problems because otherwise you have no plot. Doesn't even have to be anything super contrived - one popular example is "if character X would just honest with character Y from the start, nothing bad would have happened" (and variations thereof). That's just not how fiction usually works, though.

I'm not saying The Boys doesn't have problems with its writings (it does, all over the place), but this particular one isn't a big deal considering it's such a standard mechanic of fiction.

Complete fucking shit.

I'm not sure which version of this episode you've watched, but Homelander had a clear advantage on each of them individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I'm not sure which version of this episode you've watched, but Homelander had a clear advantage on each of them individually.
    Don't respond to that guy. Every single post he made is trying to trigger people. Always approximately 3 sentences and always contains the word shit.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-06-26 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Problem is that Homelander, while he doesn't have an issue with killing someone, when it comes to Butcher, he would rather revel in his suffering and misery then outright kill him. Homelander is extremely narcissistic. He wants attention, whether it is love or hate. Homelander is powerful enough to basically wipe out all of humanity but will not because of the fact he craves that attention.

Sad thing is that he is far more sadistic and outright vile in the actual comics. There are some things that will never be translated from the comics to the show as they are absolutely vile in all regards.

Hughie on the other hand, I figure since he is the main character of the show, they won't want to kill him off because of plot armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    In the comics, the only person that could kill Homelander is a clone of Homelander. He is not able to be killed by anyone else. Not sure if they will follow that here.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    SHIT STORY.

UNLESS lander goes nuts on em in last episode. And in s4 they actually recruit someone who is equally as strong and let the shit show begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Although rus did have a weapon to stop supes but it was not shown in show.
    ok so you clearly haven't been paying attention at all to the show. who said that the Russians had a weapon to stop supes? Mallory. who told her that, per the flashback? Crimson Countess. who, along with the rest of Payback, helped the Russians capture Soldier Boy. logical conclusion: there was no weapon that can kill him. That was the shit the team made up to cover their ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that was kinda interesting this season are gore kills.
    They looked more like dark comedy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!