Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    TLDW: He admits its a really good game but it just isn't for him due to the Gameplay.

Personally I somewhat agree but I like it just enough where ill finish it sooner or later. Its a good game just not my kind of Gameplay style with the parrying and all.

I will admit the stealth kills are so satisfying.
    He does make a valid point, but did he really need to mention his point over and over again throughout the entire video.

I myself hated the souls games, barely gave them an hour each. Simply put, it was too slow for my liking. I couldn't get into bloodborne as much as i would have liked simply because I had other games at the time on PC i was playing, and my PS4 was never at my house.

Sekiro however, I have thoroughly enjoyed. It is on a different pace, I love and prefer fast combat.

Okay, huge fan of Dark Souls here.

My thoughts so far? Well, not that good, to be honest. The game play revolves more on cheap tricks than actual skill. Seriously, we're actually meant to aggro bosses, reset them and knock one dot off with a stealth shot every single time? I liked the tough Dark Souls bosses and I liked the fact that I could die and go at it again without having to clear a great number of inferior goons beforehand. In this game most worthwhile enemies are surrounded by armies of 'filler' enemies, which you absolutely need to clear out, before you engage the boss, or you're in for trouble.

Died? Well, have fun clearing them all again. and again.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'll keep playing this; it's Dark Souls, minus everything that made it fun.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

K then we are done here.

I find anyone who uses the "Get Gud" argument to be childish as fuck. No matter how good you get at a Game Play loop if you don't like it you don't like it.

Its that simple and before you call a video clickbait maybe you should actually watch it? But hey you do you, If you want to meme that's your right.
    The video is clickbait, 1 min into it he is complaining about the spammy nature of the parry mechanic in the game. Yet this same mother fucker praised Nier Automata(which I do too btw) and Nier Automata's entire combat system relies on a spammy dodge button that basically accomplished the exact same shit parrying does in Sekiro.

It's not that he doesn't like fast paced action combat(because he does as proof by his previous videos), it's that he sucked at the game and was unwilling to get out of his stubborn ass "ITZ A SOULS GAME" mentality for 5 seconds to try and fix it. Hence, get gud.

Jim Sterling is a hack and always will be a hack. He should stick to complaining about investors because when he tries to analyze games it's always a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    He does make a valid point, but did he really need to mention his point over and over again throughout the entire video.
    Honestly I think he did that just because of the "Get Gud" crowd and how much backlash he got over saying that he didn't like Breath of the Wild.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The game play revolves more on cheap tricks than actual skill. Seriously, we're actually meant to aggro bosses, reset them and knock one dot off with a stealth shot every single time?
    You know you do not have to do that right? If you are resorting to "cheap tricks" then maybe that is just your playstyle or simply put are not "skilled" enough to actually combat the bosses. Pretty much every boss requires you to be on the offensive all the time. Which is definitely not the case and is polar opposite if you are a fan and/or veteran of darksouls (just my opinion, I hate dark souls)

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Seriously, we're actually meant to aggro bosses, reset them and knock one dot off with a stealth shot every single time? .
    Nope that's just the play style you chose to do, you don't have to do it at all.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-30 at 10:22 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You know you do not have to do that right? If you are resorting to "cheap tricks" then maybe that is just your playstyle or simply put are not "skilled" enough to actually combat the bosses. Pretty much every boss requires you to be on the offensive all the time. Which is definitely not the case and is polar opposite if you are a fan and/or veteran of darksouls (just my opinion, I hate dark souls)
    No, of course you don't "have to". Christ, absolutely great job at missing the point there, champ.

Anyway, so far I've had less trouble with big enemies than I had in DS; they're all pretty straight forward.

But damn it, it's tedious.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-03-30 at 10:29 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    K then we are done here.

I find anyone who uses the "Get Gud" argument to be childish as fuck. No matter how good you get at a Game Play loop if you don't like it you don't like it.

Its that simple and before you call a video clickbait maybe you should actually watch it? But hey you do you, If you want to meme that's your right.
    He is right though, I've had this discussion with myriads of people. It's the general rule of thumb that people who hate the Soulsborne series either:

A) hate action RPGs
    B) don't have the patience to git gud (for Sekiro it takes roughly 15-25 hours give or take, and you only really git gud AFTER you actually finish the game) and because of that, they suck ass at the game and think the game is flawed due to artificial difficulty, which is simply not true. Look at speedrunners, Sekiro is barely a week out and WR is barely over an hour. All in all, Sekiro is a turn based rhythm game, you attack, enemy attacks, you attack again etc.
    C) hate the medieval/fantasy setting

The best part with Sekiro is that it's basically a hindrance if you're a Souls veteran, muscle memory kicking in with dodging instead of parrying or Mikiri counter equals disaster.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-30 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    for Sekiro it takes roughly 15-25 hours give or take
    If a game takes this long in order for you to "get gud" and start to enjoy it then that's a really bad design flaw and not a good excuse to use.

The problem is people look at it like its Black of White when there is shades of gray.

A person can like action RPG's but not like this one.

A Person can love the Souls/Born series but not like this game.

A Person can love medieval/fantasy settings but not like this game.

Not everything is black and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a game takes this long in order for you to "get gud" and start to enjoy it then that's a really bad design flaw and not a good excuse to use.

The problem is people look at it like its Black of White when there is shades of gray.

A person can like action RPG's but not like this one.

A Person can love the Souls/Born series but not like this game.

A Person can love medieval/fantasy settings but not like this game.

Not everything is black and white.
    People have been playing chess all their lives, most get good either after decades of learning everything or are prodigies.

By the way you don't have to become god at the game to enjoy it.

I personally enjoy getting my shit kicked in 50 times in a row to beat it on the 51st, shit feels 1000 times better overcoming impossible odds than steamrolling everything.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-30 at 11:06 PM.

People have been playing chess all their lives, most get good either after decades of learning everything or are prodigies.
    And lots enjoy chess even if they are not good at it, Same applies to every form of entertainment. Some people can suck and sometime and stuff enjoy it, hell I enjoy basketball even tho I can't play it to save my life.

Once again its not as black and white as u think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon of Hatred finally down. My god what a ridiculous fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    And lots enjoy chess even if they are not good at it, Same applies to every form of entertainment. Some people can suck and sometime and stuff enjoy it, hell I enjoy basketball even tho I can't play it to save my life.

Once again its not as black and white as u think.
    I don't know what you're trying to say here, you either enjoy the game or you don't. If you like From games, peace, if you don't like them, peace as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Demon of Hatred finally down. My god what a ridiculous fight.
    He really isn't hard once you realise that he sucks at turning 180 degrees to smack you. Have fun on the next boss though LOL.

The Sekiro "Difficulty" has been over hyped.

it has a steep learning curve sure, but the game is fair and frankly not even close to what I would define as a "hard game". It only has a couple bugs like some of the grabbing moves. And some of the mini bosses will kill you for fun but you can come back to them later with more stats and they are more manageable. Every tool is there in the game for an average gamer to be able to complete the game if they actually read and pay attention.

And I bet the people complaining its too hard never even duel the undying tutorial guy where you can literally learn the game under no pressure
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-03-30 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The Sekiro "Difficulty" has been over hyped.

it has a steep learning curve sure, but the game is fair and frankly not even close to what I would define as a "hard game". It only has a couple bugs like some of the grabbing moves. And some of the mini bosses will kill you for fun but you can come back to them later with more stats and they are more manageable. Every tool is there in the game for an average gamer to be able to complete the game if they actually read and pay attention.

And I bet the people complaining its too hard never even duel the undying tutorial guy where you can literally learn the game under no pressure
    Also this, the game gives you everything to become a god, basically going through the entire game not even dying once, it's up to you how you utilize everything.

In hindsight, I think the Souls series was harder, despite having personally more deaths in Sekiro. The learning curve is a lot more steep though, and that shows.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-30 at 11:40 PM.

So far NG+ feels easier due to all tools you have and the fact that you keep getting memories so you can keep boosting your atk power.
    Then agian, second run you will be a better player by far since you've practiced for the entire game, so could be that.

Few abilities that one shots you instead of leaving you at low health, but that's about it.

Going into ng++ now, 2 more endings to go.

Also this, the game gives you everything to become a god, basically going through the entire game not even dying once, it's up to you how you utilize everything.

In hindsight, I think the Souls series was harder, despite having personally more deaths in Sekiro. The learning curve is a lot more steep though, and that shows.
    I think even the learning curve is exaggerated in Sekiro due to people thinking they need to play it like a Souls game when they should have went into it like it was a blind game they know nothing about because it plays nothing like a Souls game.

Just from I have read around the internet so many people are going into it acting like their "souls skills" should translate into the game. I don't go into a Zelda game thinking my Mario skills should transfer over not sure why people are having a hard time separating developer from series. Actually might not even be a developer thing since I saw so many people across the internet asking "where is the dodge button?" in DMC5. Like fucking what? Do these people think 3rd person action combat was invented by Souls and can only play like Souls?

But yea a lot of the things in Sekiro are far more forgiving then in Souls. The parry window in Sekiro is far more forgiving then iframes ever where in SoulsBorne, the abundant tools the game throws at you to do all kinds of shit such as stun locking or interrupting key abilities from enemies. When you start to use what the game gives you it's definitely easier then every soulsborne but vanilla DS2 IMO(not counting the DS2 DLC and remaster which where tough, vanilla game was easy as piss tho).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-30 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun on the next boss though LOL.
    Got to Issin's 2nd phase on first attempt. His posture bar seems to fill up real fast, assuming you keep the pressure on and deflect perfect. Got smashed in the next phase mind.

Man that one item on the ledge on the path to the demon bell was such a troll. You can only hit that swing point from a super specific point and i wasted like a good 5 minutes and all my healing items just trying to get it right. For 500 sen. Miyazaki pls.

btw someone knows why japanese have a such strong folklore with scolopendras?
    i found them even in a lot of mangas