Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    It feels like they rushed the release. They announced it only three weeks before it went live. It doesn't feel like they did extensive testing.
    Lol. The next season event started and everyone's season rank reset.

- - - Updated - - -

These top league stages seem over-tuned. 14/16 minute challenging runs. 25 minute heroic Roosevelt Island run.

The challenging difficulty ones are certainly doable. I'm scared of Roosevelt though.
    That last stage is just so damn annoying.

in the end however, it doesn't matter. They reset every week and you can finish the whole thing in 2 weeks easily.

I'm not sure I enjoy the endgame loop of this...it doesn't seem to be about gradually getting stronger to take on the next difficulty...just hope you god roll and can get there...would love more insight if im completely off. I'm trying to love this loop/expansion but it just doesn't seem like it's well designed as most builds just seem useless...focusing on one thing makes you weak in the other two and if you balance them you're still kind of useless...also was hoping to move on from healing chem launcher and revive hive...but it still seems necessary with the difficulty of endgame right now...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I'm not sure I enjoy the endgame loop of this...it doesn't seem to be about gradually getting stronger to take on the next difficulty...just hope you god roll and can get there...would love more insight if im completely off. I'm trying to love this loop/expansion but it just doesn't seem like it's well designed as most builds just seem useless...focusing on one thing makes you weak in the other two and if you balance them you're still kind of useless...also was hoping to move on from healing chem launcher and revive hive...but it still seems necessary with the difficulty of endgame right now...
    I always most adored the setting and the atmosphere of the game. Especially the first one. Thats why the Survival was a fantastic DLC.

Getting insta gibbed is a staple of the series, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    the new skill system and the skills in general work really well for me.
    Finally I'm able to use more than just a heal and the reviver hive.

Even the Sniper Turret feels amazing and is currently my go-to skill alongside the Damage-Hive (I forgot the name)
    So much damage!
    The sniper turret seems insanely powerful ATM. The other gal I play D2 with uses it and we were blown away by how hard it hits @40 with a decent amount of skill-boosting gear.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

that awkward moment when you take down the boss only to get completely turned around, die to environmental damage and have to redo the whole fight again.... /sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The sniper turret seems insanely powerful ATM. The other gal I play D2 with uses it and we were blown away by how hard it hits @40 with a decent amount of skill-boosting gear.
    Yeah, it's a bit iffy at times and bugs out (you hit the button but it doesn't shoot, or the beam is clearly on top of the target but it won't hit)
    But it's especially powerful because it can headshot.

Those 9m headshots hits are fun to look at.
    Even the normal Turret is a lot of fun, it's basically another (relatively poorly geared) player due to it's rate of fire and it can hit up to (short of) 200k per hit.
    And the Hive is basically a deterrent that will make it so, that no one other than armored heavies and robo-dogs will be able to push you. Not to mention the potential the hive has when enemies spawn out of doors.

First time in I don't know how many hours /played (throughout div1+2), that I run without healing skills.
    The bombard tower is sick too, but really weird to use and I've managed to kill myself multiple times with it. It seems to bug out from time to time too and locks onto the last area I told it to shoot... and then I can't unlock it unless I move far away from it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-03-18 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that's a bug?

They certainly love their bugs...

These top league stages seem over-tuned. 14/16 minute challenging runs. 25 minute heroic Roosevelt Island run.
    Leagues are speed runs? ... I want to like this game again, they are making it extremely hard.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-03-18 at 12:37 PM.

People have finished it already - just go full offensive and/or a tech and 2/3 people max as 4 pppl scaling is over the top and too many spawns makes it way too difficult.

In 2 full offensive it's a breeze as things explode. I don't think i'll be able to do it though.

EDIT: timed runs are shit tier content to me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Apparently there is a bug that if you get killed by rogue agents. It reset the timer. Not sure if they fixed it. But that is how people were getting 6 minute runs according to reddit. I hate timed runs.

ugh. those timed sections alone stress me out, personaly. doing a speed run on purpose? meh. do not want, do not care for.

P.S. is it just me, or was Keener a serious jump in difficulty from pretty much every boss that came before him in the entire expansion? I mean sure, I'm pretty terrible and rely on tech a lot, so having to play without didn't help, but even that aside... I guess it makes sense with him being set up as such a bamf and all. still.. it kinda caught me of guard, just how many times i died before i got him.....

I honestly thought it's the exact opposite. But it's not like I played solo and didn't do him again as of yet.

I honestly thought it's the exact opposite. But it's not like I played solo and didn't do him again as of yet.
    huh... interesting. i did the entire story solo, and the only boss before that I didn't one shot, was Theo. and mostly cause i didn't quite figure out all the add spawns so got killed by random trash. once i figured out the room though, it was fine. Keener though... UGH. I am NOT looking forward to doing liberty island again. ever. and it was just Keener - specifically stage 2, when you fight him directly. up to that point, I was doing fine. at least they don't make you redo the part 1 when he kills you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    huh... interesting. i did the entire story solo, and the only boss before that I didn't one shot, was Theo. and mostly cause i didn't quite figure out all the add spawns so got killed by random trash. once i figured out the room though, it was fine. Keener though... UGH. I am NOT looking forward to doing liberty island again. ever. and it was just Keener - specifically stage 2, when you fight him directly. up to that point, I was doing fine. at least they don't make you redo the part 1 when he kills you.....
    I found the keener fight to be a letdown. Disappointing. All he does is spam abilities while your skills magically and nonsensically shut off at random.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I found the keener fight to be a letdown. Disappointing. All he does is spam abilities while your skills magically and nonsensically shut off at random.
    they don't shut off at random. he hacks them. and apparently after you do enough damage he hacks them into unusability for the rest of the fight. his skill spam gave me a LOT of trouble tbh. even after I looked up strats and switched to jammer and healing launcher. he disabled my jammer but kept summoning his own skills and just. VERY annoying. at least it was for me.

honestly it was sheer stubbornness and spite that I finally took him down with. and after having this much trouble on story, I'm not even trying to attempt this on any other difficulty....

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty tough yeah, so much stuff hitting from so many sides. I wiped several times, but ended up beating Keener with sheer brute force - hit him with grenade + a sticky bomb as soon as he landed, popped my drone then ran right up to him and shredded him/the drone that shields him with a named LMG. He ran off, I thought 'oh god not another phase' but he went to the docks and died.

- - - Updated - - -

they don't shut off at random. he hacks them.
    This. He basically says 'lets see how you do without your toys' and takes them out of the equation. It makes sense, considering he did the same thing to Black Tusk forces moments earlier.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-19 at 09:00 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

ok. i'm starting to genuinely get annoyed by the way event manhunt and global directives work. if you change them? your progress resets. if you log out before finishing ( or get disconnected)? your global directives are reset.. and that resets your progress..

really? REALLY??? could we have at least kept global directives persistent until you manually change them? no? too much to ask? UGH.

they don't shut off at random. he hacks them. and apparently after you do enough damage he hacks them into unusability for the rest of the fight. his skill spam gave me a LOT of trouble tbh. even after I looked up strats and switched to jammer and healing launcher. he disabled my jammer but kept summoning his own skills and just. VERY annoying. at least it was for me.

honestly it was sheer stubbornness and spite that I finally took him down with. and after having this much trouble on story, I'm not even trying to attempt this on any other difficulty....
    I didn't really feel it was a difficult fight. More annoying than anything else. I just focused on killing the drones and turrets as soon as they popped, and shot at Keener when I had the opportunity.

Eventually I wore him down. But at the same time I was disappointed that Keener went down simply by shooting him, and not in a cinematic or larger fight or event. I don't know. For some reason it felt hollow.

But I will say that the skills turning off pretty much screws skill builds. I've always been a shooter DPS type, so maybe that was why it was easier for me.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-03-20 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They are not overtuned at all, I did 2 of them in under 10 min and bunker in 11 min all one shotted (pure dps lmg built). I started playing a week ago so IMO they are not overtuned at all for the last stage (stage 10).
    Have not tried Roosavelt yet, but I'm gonna guess it won't be that hard.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

The challenging difficulty ones are certainly doable. I'm scared of Roosevelt though.
    That last stage is just so damn annoying.

in the end however, it doesn't matter. They reset every week and you can finish the whole thing in 2 weeks easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    People have finished it already - just go full offensive and/or a tech and 2/3 people max as 4 pppl scaling is over the top and too many spawns makes it way too difficult.

In 2 full offensive it's a breeze as things explode. I don't think i'll be able to do it though.

EDIT: timed runs are shit tier content to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    They are not overtuned at all, I did 2 of them in under 10 min and bunker in 11 min all one shotted (pure dps lmg built). I started playing a week ago so IMO they are not overtuned at all for the last stage (stage 10).
    Have not tried Roosavelt yet, but I'm gonna guess it won't be that hard.
    I pug'd the challenging ones a couple days ago. You guys are right, they are definitely doable. I didn't realize we have two separate weeks to accumulate 60 ranks, so you don't have to hit those stage 10 goals to get all the rewards. I've read that the exotic cache reward is a guaranteed god-rolled exotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Assuming that's a bug?

They certainly love their bugs...

Leagues are speed runs? ... I want to like this game again, they are making it extremely hard.
    If you were online at the time of the weekly reset, your season level was reset. They're looking into it. Hopefully they can restore my progress. Until then, I'm enjoying the extra rewards. Leagues consist of 6 activities, 4 time trials for missions and 2 kill counters. Each activity has 10 stages which add to your league rank. Hit league rank 60 and you get all the rewards. Here's a good summary of the league rank system:

Keep in mind, you don’t have to complete the whole league and all the points in one week. Complete as many challenges as you can in week one. Then after the reset on Tuesday, you can complete them again and earn even more points.

So you are not required to finish Roosevelt Island on heroic in 25 minutes, just do everything else and do it again in the second week. This way you have a chance to earn all rewards – basically 30 points in week 1 and another 30 points in week 2.