Thread: Starfield

Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Not exactly a game I'm hyped for. But I'm a sucker for any of Bethesdas open world games, so I will be buying it eventually. The question is more if I want to play it on launch day or wait for the community to craft a patch (Let's face it. When has Bethesda made a game without a ton of bugs)

The fact they are still showing basically nothing of the actual game and gameplay has me very stand-off on this. Absolutely no way I would pre-order this.
    Wait a week and let others play it first to see what its like.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This is gona be buggy.............. seriosly guys dont pre-order and wait....
    I didn't have many bugs with FO4, but ho man did 76 have a metric ton. I'll happily wait.

pre ordering this asap. because i know im getting it lol

Should be common sense but for some reason the masses always forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    pre ordering this asap. because i know im getting it lol

Did you not learn from from year after year of awful AAA launches?

• Mass Effect 3
    • Aliens Colonial Marines
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Halo Master Chief Collection
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • nu Star Wars Battlefront
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

The list goes on. Year after year, release after release, and people never learn. When you preorder a Western AAA game, you are paying the most for the least quality experience. Even if you pay the same price, you will get an objectively better experience waiting a few months for the bugs to be fixed. And Bethseda games are practically unplayable without fanmade mods that patch out the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    You can refund most of these games anyway. It's possible that the user didn't have an issue with those games too.

I own everything listed and never had an issue that prevented me from enjoying those games.

Not everyone has a bad experience with games or is even running into all those issues across X games. Maybe they only bought Fallout 4 from that list and it was fine for them- maybe they only Cp2077 was a dud and NMS ran just okey doeky for him.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-03-08 at 10:28 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

The list goes on. Year after year, release after release, and people never learn. When you preorder a Western AAA game, you are paying the most for the least quality experience. Even if you pay the same price, you will get an objectively better experience waiting a few months for the bugs to be fixed. And Bethseda games are practically unplayable without fanmade mods that patch out the bugs.
    Doesnt matter if you plan to play it anyway. Ill preorder it too, because I know I'll play it, and I dont need review to make up my mind, its that simple. If its a shitshow I'll refund, or it will be my lost, just like when I pay 20$ to go the the movie and I end up hating the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic for this. The game looked pretty good running in the background, but who knows what kind of hardware that is.

I honestly don't even really know what type of game this is. I get Destiny vibes from the trailer, sort of the same from the game running in the background it seems to be an open world Destiny. Obviously probably not a lootershooter.
    No man sky w/ Bethesda story telling and RPG elements woven in.

Also very single player (for some reason?)
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2023-03-08 at 10:35 PM.

Why would I preorder a game that's on gamepass to begin with? Do you think I enjoy wasting money for the sake of it? Or are people just that cucked to steam that they will play 70 bucks for a game on a sub service?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Why would I preorder a game that's on gamepass to begin with? Do you think I enjoy wasting money for the sake of it? Or are people just that cucked to steam that they will play 70 bucks for a game on a sub service?
    Do you not like to actually own a game, gamepass is just renting access.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it will be better then outer worlds was I couldn’t stand that game which was a huge disappointment and I’m dying for a decent Bethesda game.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and what does owning it do for you? By the time gamepass would ever shut down your not going to be playing the game anymore in all likelyhood.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

This is also coming to Gamepass according to various websites. Seems expected. But tossing that out there for those ambivalent about a direct purchase.

I like owning a game if I can have it physically. If it's digital I don't give a shit. I will sub to gamepass for a month and play it for $10 not $70 lmfao. There is no real difference here, I still have drm and a download required for both. Owning it on steam is not preserving the game anymore than playing it on gamepass. Worthless ownership.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-03-08 at 10:57 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

i played almost every single one of those at launch (not no mans sky, aliens, star wars). None of them had any issues that stopped me from having fun or regretting my purchase. Most on that list i fucking loved. so i learned, i have no issue pre ordering a game i will play 100% on release day

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    and what does owning it do for you? By the time gamepass would ever shut down your not going to be playing the game anymore in all likelyhood.
    You can play it anytime you want without requiring a sub to a service that may not have any other games you are interested at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I like owning a game if I can have it physically. If it's digital I don't give a shit. I will sub to gamepass for a month and play it for $10 not $70 lmfao. There is no real difference here, I still have drm and a download required for both. Owning it on steam is not preserving the game anymore than playing it on gamepass. Worthless ownership.
    You have to maintain a sub to play the game and you may only like a few games that game pass even offer, you own the game on steam you dont own it on gamepass.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You have to maintain a sub to play the game and you may only like a few games that game pass even offer, you own the game on steam you dont own it on gamepass.
    I don't have to maintain the sub at all. I'm not going to be playing a single player RPG year round non stop lmfao. I only sub to gamepass for 1 month at a time when I want to play something on it.

Hate to break it to you but you don't own anything on Steam. Read your TOS they can delete your account anytime they want and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Ontopic: I 100% expect it to be delayed again.

- - - Updated - - -

Or spend $15 beat it and be done with it within the month. Meaning they saved $55 to play and finish a game you spent $70 on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

SNIP...

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

I played all those games and you are right, each and everyone one had issues and some far worse than others and their launch was not what one would call "good". That list of games is the very reason I no longer pre-order any game. I simply cannot give them my money upfront after seeing the complete BS most of those games launched as. Yeah, I'm glad some of them got patched up months to years later but damn what a garbage launch and first impression. So I completely agree with you. Pre-ordering, even if you do plan to play it isn't helpful for the gaming community as a whole given how those companies have handled their game launches as of late. Far to many gamers with issues than ones that had a smooth launch day. Those games are talked about in a negative light because they earned that negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Far to many gamers with issues than ones that had a smooth launch day.
    Extremely unlikely. People that have issues are very vocal. But it is exceedingly rare for the majority of consumers to have an issue with any particular product.