Thread: 2H Frost QNA

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    It's not a generic or system question.

Arthas has an important identity to the IP even before WoW was a game. Frost DK using DW one handed weapons is about as offensive as Sylvanas switching from a bow to a 2H Paladin Hammer.

I'm sure a lot of Dks don't care, but to some of us ancient players it's abrasive.

It's much lower effort than when Brewmasters were added to the game. Not only did the MOP developers add a staff with a hanging keg which is a completely new type of weapon, they added a new stance and idle to the game to support it and match the original Brewmaster from WC3.

It really seems Arthas & DK should get more love than it has.
    my idea of broadening the question has nothing to do with the need of dks (i want 2h frost too), but with the extremely low chance of it getting picked for the QnA if it's just based on frost dk, especially since WW monks can use whichever weapon since the last build.

Ion mentioned an interesting Point. Paladins can transmog their artifact weapon over a 1hander and shield for example.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Frost was primarily a 2H spec for 8 years then then lazy devs removed it as an option (and did the same thing for a number of other specs) in Legion to make their work easier, now lazy devs in BFA can't be bothered to fix it, people are mad (just like the DW Fury warriors, the Gladiator spec warriors, etc).
    Wrong, frost was designed with the dual wield in mind, it has been like that since WotLK, they added the option for 2H option in Cata and it was played sub-optimally until Legion.
    Last edited by Khain; 2018-06-14 at 09:46 PM.

Well no mention of it in the Q&A so I guess it's the Unholy life for me. ¯\(°_o)/¯
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Wrong, frost was designed with the dual wield in mind, it has been like that since WotLK, they added the option for 2H option in Cata and it was played sub-optimally until Legion.
    It was actually better than DW in both tier 11 and MSV. DW was slightly ahead in Firelands before Unholy took over for SoO....not that either spec was really good in Siege though.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally...they should either let you mog a 2H instead of dw...or have a glyph that allows it. I'm tired of this being debated....just copy the arms warrior attack animations and add a blue hue to them and call it a day.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2018-06-14 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    insert image of beating a dead horse here
    raise dead horse

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It was actually better than DW in both tier 11 and MSV.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally...they should either let you mog a 2H instead of dw...or have a glyph that allows it. I'm tired of this being debated....just copy the arms warrior attack animations and add a blue hue to them and call it a day.
    There are attack animations already. It shouldn't even be an issue at this point (as blizzard can seemingly change transmog restrictions at will).

Q&A gave a very good potential answer, if they choose to address it for these specs. BfA will have the tech to transmog regardless of the actual weapons, meaning Frost DK, Survival Hunter, and Fury Warrior could get transmog options again.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Q&A gave a very good potential answer, if they choose to address it for these specs. BfA will have the tech to transmog regardless of the actual weapons, meaning Frost DK, Survival Hunter, and Fury Warrior could get transmog options again.
    Honestly they just need to implement it at launch...I'm tired of hearing it...I'm tired of listening to people complain about it...I don't find it coincidental that the first expansion they cut one of the subspecs out...Frost finally shines for most of the expansion. Yes there were other factors to this as well during NH and during ABT but as a whole, the spec finally did pretty good throughout the expansion as a whole(yes ToS sucked ass for Frost, but I'll take Frost dominance for 2/3 tiers any day).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly they just need to implement it at launch...I'm tired of hearing it...I'm tired of listening to people complain about it...I don't find it coincidental that the first expansion they cut one of the subspecs out...Frost finally shines for most of the expansion. Yes there were other factors to this as well during NH and during ABT but as a whole, the spec finally did pretty good throughout the expansion as a whole(yes ToS sucked ass for Frost, but I'll take Frost dominance for 2/3 tiers any day).
    Frost launched in a completely broken state and was only held up because they kept buffing the non-existant scaling, and even then it switched quite a few times between unholy and frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I was a mod, I honestly would start locking Frost 2h threads for trolling.

The people who keeping pushing this are smirking on the other side of their screen, "how much can I pester them until I get what I want??!" *rubs hands together*
    It's what children do when they want something. Beg and beg and beg until you give in, one second they're crying, the next smiling.

Just stop.

Should it really make a difference to gameplay though? I mean all abilities now scale off AP rather than weapon damage so the only difference will be your white swings. I don't see how this is hard to implement and should really be a cosmetic choice. White damage may pull ahead with DW but how about let the player decide how they want to play. 2H Frost has no reason not to be a thing apart from pigeonholing a spec to specific weapons for one expansion due to artifact

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Should it really make a difference to gameplay though? I mean all abilities now scale off AP rather than weapon damage so the only difference will be your white swings. I don't see how this is hard to implement and should really be a cosmetic choice. White damage may pull ahead with DW but how about let the player decide how they want to play. 2H Frost has no reason not to be a thing apart from pigeonholing a spec to specific weapons for one expansion due to artifact
    Except that every passive and talent are based on DW. Adding or switching to 2hand would require a complete revamp of at least talents which im sure they arent willing to do specialy for this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Except that every passive and talent are based on DW. Adding or switching to 2hand would require a complete revamp of at least talents which im sure they arent willing to do specialy for this xpac.
    Not at all. There are 3 talents out of 21 that are related to auto-attacks. Icy Talons, Runic Attenunation and Frozen Pulse. And there wouldn't be any reason to change those to suit 2H because you can simply choose the other talents for 2H and consider those specific talents for DW

Not at all. There are 3 talents out of 21 that are related to auto-attacks. Icy Talons, Runic Attenunation and Frozen Pulse. And there wouldn't be any reason to change those to suit 2H because you can simply choose the other talents for 2H and consider those specific talents for DW
    IT just increases attack speed, that benefits 2h as well, its essentially 15% more white damage. RA is now PPM, so it doesn't matter what speed you attack with. FP could easily be scaled to include a modifyer in it's furmula that adjusts for weapon speed, trivial change. Even if they wouldn't change FP, so what, that is one talent that won't even be in many builds.

As I wrote above, the last real hurdle is the rune enchants, which would cost a decent programmer probably a coffee break.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    IT just increases attack speed, that benefits 2h as well, its essentially 15% more white damage. RA is now PPM, so it doesn't matter what speed you attack with. FP could easily be scaled to include a modifyer in it's furmula that adjusts for weapon speed, trivial change. Even if they wouldn't change FP, so what, that is one talent that won't even be in many builds.

As I wrote above, the last real hurdle is the rune enchants, which would cost a decent programmer probably a coffee break.
    Cant they just remove the rune enchants already.. they gave us 3 enchants options and haven’t touched it since. It is really a pointless system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

The people who keeping pushing this are smirking on the other side of their screen, "how much can I pester them until I get what I want??!" *rubs hands together*
    It's what children do when they want something. Beg and beg and beg until you give in, one second they're crying, the next smiling.

Just stop.
    It worked with Classic WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Ok so even those talents are normalised to work with both 2H/DW, and they could just as easily make 1H and 2H variations of rune enchants (I think that used to be a thing anyway? can't remember). There is absolutely no reason why they can't remove the 'requires one-hand melee weapons' restriction on main damage abilities other than not wanting to backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Just stop.
    No.

I'm asking "How can we reason this out until we both get what we want?" Compromise is what adults do, and I think there are ways to achieve this.

Yes it is every damage modifier, any proc, and buff (inculding runeforges) are balanced about being DW. Wanna know a talent thats based on having a 1 hand and you havent had a clue? Frostscythe. They would have to make 2 versions of the same spell one for DW and one for 2h. You tell me if this wouldnt be a balancing nightmare.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-06-15 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Wanna know a talent thats based on having a 1 hand and you havent had a clue? Frostscythe.
    Can you explain this? It seems to do flat damage, especially in BFA, but there's a mechanic you're aware of that I am not.