View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Again I don't want to insult your intelligence so I will say it one more time. The majority of Americans want to decrease legal immigration. That is all I said and that is what the Harvard study found. Dreamers are a totally different category. We have a president and both majorities in congress that prove that is American sentiment.
    Considering he lost the popular vote and the House is dramatically gerrymandered, I wouldn't be so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    That's a dumb idea considering they're a boon to the economy.
    How do droves of uneducated migrants that bottom out the wages in this country and are a net negative to tax revenue a boom for anyone? If they are such an asset why is Mexico trying to get rid of them? There are plenty of illegal immigrants in their country of origin and yet are a disaster why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserknees View Post
    I was referring to the 'catch and release' system that does not work. When someone gets caught, yes that is part of the data. However, If that same person then skips out on their court date, which many do according to the senate report I linked, that would not be reflected in border apprehension stats.
    We are talking about the same thing, this is catch and release this is apprehension at border them showing up to court has no effect on this. If someone gets caught they are added to the data. The reason for the downward trend in illegal immigration is better conditions in host countries and our deportation policies which could use improvements. The process of catch and release was not the broken part of our system.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do droves of uneducated migrants that bottom out the wages in this country and are a net negative to tax revenue a boom for anyone? If they are such an asset why is Mexico trying to get rid of them? There are plenty of illegal immigrants in their country of origin and yet are a disaster why is that?
    Illegal immigrants are not bottoming out wages, and they put more into the system than they take. Something demonstrably untrue of most native born Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Legal immigrants are great at generating economic activity because they start businesses and create jobs, and have higher labor force participation than native-born Americans.

http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...lp-our-economy

Again I don't want to insult your intelligence so I will say it one more time. The majority of Americans want to decrease legal immigration. That is all I said and that is what the Harvard study found. Dreamers are a totally different category. We have a president and both majorities in congress that prove that is American sentiment.
    Trump losing the popular vote would say otherwise, most polls show Americans equally divided on the issue so not sure what you are smoking.

Considering he lost the popular vote and the House is dramatically gerrymandered, I wouldn't be so sure.
    Again we are a republic and the states vote through the electoral college. Trump ran his campaign with that idea in mind hence him going to Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan. If it was popular vote wins all then he would have parked his campaign in LA and NYC. The senate is gerrymandered too? Americans have for a long time have tired of over a million people a year coming into the country and want reduced immigration. We need to assimilate the current ones now or we risk a California situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again we are a republic and the states vote through the electoral college. Trump ran his campaign with that idea in mind hence him going to Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan. If it was popular vote wins all then he would have parked his campaign in LA and NYC. The senate is gerrymandered too? Americans have for a long time have tired of over a million people a year coming into the country and want reduced immigration. We need to assimilate the current ones now or we risk a California situation.
    Saying that Congress and the President are reflective of the majority of Americans when neither were voted in by the majority of Americans pretty much proves your point was rubbish.

What "California situation"? The one where it's doing great economically and running an actual budget surplus?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    see, your clueless and have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Why dont you stop foaming at the mouth and use your brain and go see why they seperate children. Or is drooling like a fool here infront of everyone what you would rather do.
    Did you have a point to make or is this it?

The Senate is at a 51-49 split, so it isn't even close to overwhelming and I'm not talking about the ability to win an election, I'm referring to it being the majority sentiment based on who is President. That election doesn't show that the majority approve of the President, only that he could win specific geographic regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    How exactly is it "anti-freedom" to stop illegal aliens from illegally entering into the US?
    The only ones at fault here are the parents for illegally bringing their children to the US.

"Big government" has nothing to do with the immigration issue. Not sure why you would throw in this red herring.
    And individual liberty is another red herring. What liberties are being denied by enforcing the law against law breakers?
    He wants people to have the freedom to do whatever they want....I should go rob his house...I have the freedom to do it, and based on what he's saying he has no problem if I do it. However I'm willing to bet he'd call the authorities and I would be arrested for breaking the law...So he's easily a hypocrite in that nature.

I don't know what is the issue here, just send the children to Mexico to live with the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Illegal immigrants are not bottoming out wages, and they put more into the system than they take. Something demonstrably untrue of most native born Americans.
    Again I don't care about current Americans because that is their right. I don't mind paying for Americans that is what the safety net is for. Explain to me how someone who has two children and works at migrant wages can ever pay into a system more than what they take? Cost of education, healthcare, housing, they get pregnant get wick food stamps. Once they have the child can get access the the sec 8 system. No serious person believes that with the current welfare safety net that an immigrant will add more to they system then they will take.

If immigrants are so wonderful and hard working why are they leaving their countries of origin? They should be paradises on earth ready to colonize mars or something. Americans are the hardest working people on the planet and have the worlds greatest economy to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    How exactly is it "anti-freedom" to stop illegal aliens from illegally entering into the US?
    The only ones at fault here are the parents for illegally bringing their children to the US.

"Big government" has nothing to do with the immigration issue. Not sure why you would throw in this red herring.
    And individual liberty is another red herring. What liberties are being denied by enforcing the law against law breakers?
    Two thousand kids are being housed in a detention camp and you are busy deciding who is to blame. Usually we fix the problem before we start passing the buck around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I don't care about current Americans because that is their right. I don't mind paying for Americans that is what the safety net is for. Explain to me how someone who has two children and works at migrant wages can ever pay into a system more than what they take?
    Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal services. Reading comprehension, s'il vous plait.

If immigrants are so wonderful and hard working why are they leaving their countries of origin? They should be paradises on earth ready to colonize mars or something. Americans are the hardest working people on the planet and have the worlds greatest economy to prove it.
    What ridiculous ethnonationalist rubbish.

Again I don't care about current Americans because that is their right. I don't mind paying for Americans that is what the safety net is for. Explain to me how someone who has two children and works at migrant wages can ever pay into a system more than what they take? Cost of education, healthcare, housing, they get pregnant get wick food stamps. Once they have the child can get access the the sec 8 system. No serious person believes that with the current welfare safety net that an immigrant will add more to they system then they will take.

If economy proves how great a place is, you should love California since it's the 5th largest economy in the world. That place with a lot of legal and undocumented immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Two thousand kids are being housed in a detention camp and you are busy deciding who is to blame. Usually we fix the problem before we start passing the buck around.
    You assume the racists want to actually fix the problem.

The Senate is at a 51-49 split, so it isn't even close to overwhelming and I'm not talking about the ability to win an election, I'm referring to it being the majority sentiment based on who is President. That election doesn't show that the majority approve of the President, only that he could win specific geographic regions.
    The democrats will loose even more seats in the senate this November and again the President won playing the rules of the game that Hillary played as well. Majority sentiment in this country is that they want less immigration that was the study that I pointed out. I am sure you can find others and the world keeps spinning. Immigration is an issue that people voted on during the presidency was one of the pillars of this presidents administration and the majority won.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Illegal immigrants make up for about 1% of the population and 30% of all crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    The democrats will loose even more seats in the senate this November and again the President won playing the rules of the game that Hillary played as well. Majority sentiment in this country is that they want less immigration that was the study that I pointed out. I am sure you can find others and the world keeps spinning. Immigration is an issue that people voted on during the presidency was one of the pillars of this presidents administration and the majority won.
    The majority voted for Clinton.