Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geassedbylelouch View Post
    News update, hot from the press!

Trailer announcement, next friday 03/08/2018, 20h, a brand new 210 second trailer will be shown!
    https://twitter.com/GEASSPROJECT
    finally. we will know what is going on.
    yay. i really need to rewatch both seasons now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

For those who haven't seen it yet, here is the 3.5 minute video which was announced earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPn-UEjiTY
    It consists of show staff talking (in Japanese), showing footage of the sequel being worked on (nice art!), etc, and at the end there's a 29 second trailer with C.C. talking (in Japanese).
    This 29 second trailer also received official English subtitles and can be found on Sunrise's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SunriseIntl...KFiTjY&fref=nf
    Juicy detail, in the trailer C.C. confirmed that Lelouch is indeed dead.

personally i know that lelouch is dead but i am not sure if Code geass without Lelouch could work. so i hope he some how gets resurrected.
    the only example i have is season 3 of tokyo ghoul felt like total crap until Kaneki came back.

i wish them luck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    personally i know that lelouch is dead but i am not sure if Code geass without Lelouch could work. so i hope he some how gets resurrected.
    There is no doubt he'll be resurrected from the dead, the sequel's title is "Lelouch of the Resurrection" and when they announced in 2016 that there was a sequel coming they confirmed Lelouch would be in it.
    So no worries there

There is no doubt he'll be resurrected from the dead, the sequel's title is "Lelouch of the Resurrection" and when they announced in 2016 that there was a sequel coming they confirmed Lelouch would be in it.
    So no worries there
    I wish it wasn’t taking so long

time to rewatch some code geass.
    50 episodes? this is gonna be awhile.

so the new code geass is a movie? that is kind of a let down.
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2018-08-15 at 01:28 AM.

Second trailer for upcoming movie "Lelouch of the Resurrection" has been released.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeGeass/c...rrection_pv_2/
    Translation (thanks to the reddit user): [2 years after the Zero Requiem] The peace that dawned on the world after Lelouch's death suddenly crumbles. [The end draws near for those peaceful days.] The setting is a land of warriors: the kingdom of Gilchester. The blade of a new enemy assaults Nunnally and Zero. [The strongest knight's defeat...] [Original new production, showing in theatres] It's shattered... the peace Lelouch left behind.

(interesting tidbits, both trailers confirmed Lelouch to be dead)

Also, the 3rd movie Oudou now has fansubs

Poor lelouch your hard work went to the waste.

REJOICE!
    Two more trailers were released today.
    Not surprisingly these too confirmed Lelouch to be dead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBvQHf7SMo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euj8XSLin0c
    Funimation added English subs to one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiBsQkdUMM

REJOICE!
    Two more trailers were released today.
    Not surprisingly these too confirmed Lelouch to be dead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBvQHf7SMo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euj8XSLin0c
    Funimation added English subs to one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiBsQkdUMM
    "Dead" when the movie is called "Lelouch of the Resurrection"?
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    "Dead" when the final scene showed him alive before they edited that out

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Yes resurrection, he will be resurrected from the grave during the movie which takes place two years after he died.
    It has been known for years now that the conspiracy theory that he has a code is completely wrong because the anime itself makes that impossible.
    It's even officially confirmed that he is truly dead.
    Read this Code Geass database, it has all the info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes resurrection, he will be resurrected from the grave during the movie which takes place two years after he died.
    It has been known for years now that the conspiracy theory that he has a code is completely wrong because the anime itself makes that impossible.
    It's even officially confirmed that he is truly dead.
    Read this Code Geass database, it has all the info.
    Ok, but in the japanese tv airing, at the end of r2 they showed him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    "Dead" when the final scene showed him alive before they edited that out
    That clip was a fake, a fan made edit.
    Really now, there's nobody who still believes that fake. Even the conspiracy theorists denounce that video.
    It's extremely easy to prove it's fake.
    I'll copy the relevant info from the Code Geass database below. And not only was it proven to be fake, but in 2009 it was even replaced when they made a NEW epilogue. The show staff dropped the often misunderstood cart scene entirely and replaced it with C.C. addressing the audience and explicitly explaining that Lelouch is truly dead and that she mourns his death. Lelouch is 100% dead, no code, no immortality, there is no doubt about this anymore as code theory was fully debunked years ago.

Here's the info:
    "For a while there was a video floating around on the internet which was the so-called "true ending" of the show and which was allegedly only part of the Japanese version.
    It was the same as the hay cart scene at the end which we all saw, except that at one point the camera zoomed in on the cart driver's face and it was revealed to be Lelouch.
    However, it has been shown years ago that this video was a fake, it was fan-made. Even most code theorists reject this as a fake and I'm only including this for the sake of completeness.
    The zoom was of terrible quality, the broadcast station's logo disappeared during the zoom, and there was no music during the zoom, people checked the Japanese ending and the zoom wasn't there and it was highly suspicious that this extra scene was nowhere to be found except on youtube channels of people who claimed Lelouch was alive. How did they get it? Why are they the only ones to have this scene? Why was it dropped?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ok, but in the japanese tv airing, at the end of r2 they showed him alive.
    Not at all.
    You let yourself be deceived by a fanmade fake video.
    The conspiracy theorists who have made that video have been playing people for fools.
    People who saw the original broadcast all say there was no such ending. This info was all incorporated in the Code Geass database

well the movie title clearly gives away the plot but it almost seems like it would be a waste to just bring him back for just a movie. i wonder if the movie leads into a season 3.

well the movie title clearly gives away the plot but it almost seems like it would be a waste to just bring him back for just a movie. i wonder if the movie leads into a season 3.
    Maybe they'll change their minds again in 10 years, but right now the answer is no.
    "Director Goro Taniguchi confirmed that many of the key staff members are returning for the movie, and specifically emphasized that the story will be complete in one film, which will serve as a finale." Source

So yeah, they do bring him back from the grave, just for a single movie.

Maybe they'll change their minds again in 10 years, but right now the answer is no.
    "Director Goro Taniguchi confirmed that many of the key staff members are returning for the movie, and specifically emphasized that the story will be complete in one film, which will serve as a finale." Source

So yeah, they do bring him back from the grave, just for a single movie.
    this better be a 4 hour movie and he better show up early on.

i still think its funny that the world goes to hell after Lelouch dies.

So after seeing all the spoilers for the movie and how it revives Lelouch and not to mention the trailer showing Lelouch revived, Taniguchi seriously must be a massive troll for putting Lelouch's code right in the same spot where Code Theory theorizes it would be.

Even if you argue the central point that a code washes away a Geass regardless of where the code comes from, MANY of Code Theory's points become realized by the end of the movie.

but in 2009 it was even replaced when they made a NEW epilogue. The show staff dropped the often misunderstood cart scene entirely and replaced it with C.C. addressing the audience and explicitly explaining that Lelouch is truly dead and that she mourns his death. Lelouch is 100% dead, no code, no immortality, there is no doubt about this anymore as code theory was fully debunked years ago.
    This is the main reason why it's confusing. If Taniguchi wanted to clear up the confusion, putting Lelouch's code where it is reopens the can of worms.

so Lelouch+C.C. is canon now it seems. it wasnt my ship but its okay i guess

so Lelouch+C.C. is canon now it seems. it wasnt my ship but its okay i guess
    This movie was pure fanservice. C.C. traveling with Lelouch, Lelouch becoming L.L. and Lelouch having his code mark exactly where Charles grabbed him. The only thing the movie skimps out on is if Lelouch is really immortal, and to that the question is never answered.