Deleted

[PvP] Metamorphosis is Underwhelming

So, i just went to a PvP target dummy to see whats the damage difference between Chaos Strike and Annihilation (chaos strike version while in meta).

And i discovered that Annihilation does 12% more damage than Chaos Strike in PvP

But we have a talent called Demonic Origins that while not in Metamorphosis, your damage is increased by 10%
    Dont even know if the target dummy was taking that in consideration since i dont even had the buff while hitting the dummy

So basically Annihilation does either 12% more damage or 2% more damage. One of the 2.
    Both are underwhelming, no?

Screenshots of target dummy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know im kinda late to the party here.
    But what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Metamorphosis is for healing in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    So, its mandatory to pick the "healing" talent in the PvE talents to justify using Metamorphosis?

I dont even play with that talent shall i change to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    So, its mandatory to pick the "healing" talent in the PvE talents to justify using Metamorphosis?

I dont even play with that talent shall i change to it?
    It's just what I've experienced. Every DH I've fought uses it to heal themselves.

Deleted
    It's just what I've experienced. Every DH I've fought uses it to heal themselves.
    Godammit, if that is true then i've been playing it wrong....i picked the other talent that makes you immune to damage.

I will try that playstyle.

I remember trying it out and the healing felt underwhelming also. But maybe it was in impossible situations like 3 VS me.
    Let me try in 1v1's...

Meta was always used as healing for me also in PvP situations.
    Heck, I'm even using that talent in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Godammit, if that is true then i've been playing it wrong....i picked the other talent that makes you immune to damage.

I will try that playstyle.

I remember trying it out and the healing felt underwhelming also. But maybe it was in impossible situations like 3 VS me.
    Let me try in 1v1's...
    In 1v1’s it’s pretty powerful. At least in world PvP, providing you can get out of stuns.

Deleted
    Rated Arena 99% time you pick netherwalk because the heal is reduced to 40 % in pvp.
    Their are some really good dh in pvp out there. Follow them so you learn a lot.

Meta isn't that great and the 10 % are for out of meta burst. With fel barrage and artifact ability and bloodlet. In 90 % of the 3s and 2s games you have play this build.
    Because our burst out of meta with only cs is to low out of chaos blades.
    And first blood gets so hard nerfed in first season so you can't pick it.

Deleted
    Meta isn't used in rated pvp for healing, not even sure where the hell people get that logic from, your healing is below subpar outside of demonic build in pvp situations. Meta is used to burst, the increased haste aiding in that. Yeah it is kinda underwhelming, or might seem so, but everything else stacked on it makes for some high damaging burst windows. You take netherwalk 90% of the time, don't let others deceive you unless It's for world pvp.

wrong on so many levels. Meta hasn't healed for dick since like the first month of legion season 1. its clipped and if you take the extra leech talent, its still crap even with demonic, it just provides a slight buffer against rot comps.

Meta is used for moving to or from an area (the leap) which allowed you to abuse immune frames (Very powerful)
    and doing burst dmg, specially since you get haste from it that allows you to attack faster and get more Demon Blades procs, ontop of the bigger meta chaos strike damage.

its pretty underwhelming for a 4 min cd all things considering, luckily we can make it a solid 2 min at best via pvp talents atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    wrong on so many levels. Meta hasn't healed for dick since like the first month of legion season 1. its clipped and if you take the extra leech talent, its still crap even with demonic, it just provides a slight buffer against rot comps.

Meta is used for moving to or from an area (the leap) which allowed you to abuse immune frames (Very powerful)
    and doing burst dmg, specially since you get haste from it that allows you to attack faster and get more Demon Blades procs, ontop of the bigger meta chaos strike damage.

its pretty underwhelming for a 4 min cd all things considering, luckily we can make it a solid 2 min at best via pvp talents atm.
    Can you confirm that Annihilation does 12% more damage than Chaos Strike?

I tested on a pvp dummy.
    But im not sure if it does 12% more damage or 2% more damage.

Because when i hit the target dummy i didnt have the buff Demonic Origins.
    Which increses all damage outside demonic form by 10%.

So im in doubt if Annihilation even does more damage than chaos strike or not.

I didnt have the buff from demonic origins when i was hitting the PvP dummy...so i dont know.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-06-28 at 11:47 AM.