Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Solo queue private server

Hello Guys,

im a multi glad r1 player and played wow since release. My absolute passion is WoW Arena. Now i'm 33 years old, have a full time job, a wife and child. I have only a few hours time per week to play games. I think i dont need to describe the well known issue to find arena partners, especially on that skill-level.
    Since WOD i already stopped playing wow multiple times because of that issue. I tried other games like hots, lol, swbf2, nothing gives me, what wow arenas gave me. Wow arena is uniqe, and this unique thing is my passion, so i tried a comeback multiple times, in WoD and Legion. I really want to play Wow Arena! But everytime i stopped again after a few weeks because i was forced to spend my few hours playtime with searching for partners and in the end i dont even play, because its nearly impossible and takes hours of time to find people at equal skill-level to play with.

So my big big Hope since WOD was and is that Blizz implement solo queue. That they care of players like me, give them the chance to play their game, too, with all important aspects included. That means a solo queue with rating, ladder, seasons, competition about r1 and glad title+mount rewards. I think especcially the rewards are important, no one wants to play for nothing. For real competition you need something that people want to have, something they fight for. And i think becoming 0.1% or 0.5% of the best solo queue players (of class would be fair) will/can be much harder than reaching that mark with a solid team. So why not give them same rewards?

But i dont want to start another discussion about solo queue here.

I want to ask you, if anyone knows a private realm that have that kind of solo queue im searching for.
    I found some, but everyone i found have some very unattractive facts.

For example:
    Warmane: 1st and biggest problem is that the solo queue realm "Blackrock" is not populated. There are just a few hundred players left. 2nd Problem is that its not really solo queue, because the system allows duo queue aswell. I think thats absolutely imblanced because its a huge advantage to queue as a practiced duo with voice and class synergy. 3rd is that the rewards are super shitty and not attractive. If they would implement solo (not duo) queue on their high populated WOTLK realm, that would be so nice.

Wowcircle:
    A high populated realm with many russians (i have 0 prob with that). Seemed perfect, but the problem is, that they give not only shitty rewards, they give 0 rewards for solo queue. So there is nothing to fight for, no competition for titles, mounts etc. It would be so nice if they give attractive and competitive rewards.

So my question to you, do anyone know a populated private realm with competitive and rewarding solo (not duo) queue, where my passion can go on? Do something like this even exist?

Please dont use my post to start another discussion about solo queue. Blizz dont even give a shit anyways about players like me(us), so its senseless. All demands for solo queue got ignored in the past few years, although wow pvp is dying.

Please just reduce your answers to constructive ideas about private servers. I think there are tons of people in my situation that share my wishes. Maybe some of these people have connections to private server admins. So maybe there is a chance of creating a big thing for ourself, a thing that obviously so many people want but Blizz dont want to give.

Thank you guys

Greetings

El Sens0r
    Last edited by mmoc252a98d701; 2018-06-19 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    This is not a private server forum so yeah ..

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Private servers are illegal. Why would Blizzard do something that isn't even working on private servers, and why would you think they should? If there were enough players asking for solo queues, then Blizzard would consider it, but there aren't.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

They have it on live, actually. I believe it's called "doo well ling".
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Private servers are illegal. Why would Blizzard do something that isn't even working on private servers, and why would you think they should? If there were enough players asking for solo queues, then Blizzard would consider it, but there aren't.
    Solo queue do work. Hydramist, Reckful and many other great arena players were on a certain Tournament server which was fairly bug free.
    Also private servers are not illegal.
    -K

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Solo queue do work. Hydramist, Reckful and many other great arena players were on a certain Tournament server which was fairly bug free.
    What is wrong with your reply is that everything you posted is incorrect. If you think private servers are not illegal, tell that to all the private servers Blizzard has had shut down due to copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property. Also, solo queues do NOT work. Why create a queue when you can just challenge someone in game to a duel and NOT have to wait?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

What is wrong with your reply is that everything you posted is incorrect. If you think private servers are not illegal, tell that to all the private servers Blizzard has had shut down due to copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property. Also, solo queues do NOT work. Why create a queue when you can just challenge someone in game to a duel and NOT have to wait?
    You can't be more wrong about solo q.

AT proved that solo q is working great. Nearly instant ques without having to find team mates and also solo q increased server pop

Wow buddy. just wow.

You'll find out that those cases where there has been a shut-down it has been related for providing monetary services with the IP.

Private servers inherently are not illegal as they share 0% codebase or database with what Blizzard has done and only faciliate the client that the -players- themself use. Whetever those players use the client wrongfully to connect to these servers is on them, the servers provide nothing in themselves that is even remotely made by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2018-06-25 at 04:50 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Unfortunately, those days are gone.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They (at least sometimes) care about PvP balance, and it'd be impossible to balance 1v1. In my mind, that's the biggest reason why they don't do it. Also, they try to promote teamwork and socializing, and constantly running 1v1 matches would be the opposite of that. For some, it'd be a genuine test of skill they could enjoy, and for others it'd just be a giant ePeen Meter for them to wave around wildly and shout at everyone to "1v1 me scrub!".

Yes. Yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Wow buddy. just wow.

Illegality DEPENDS ON ZHE COUNTRIES LAWS. mfg from germany. where it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    IP (intellectual property) is the magic word.

And the servers at least implement the proprietary client-server-protocol --> DMCA violation.
    They don't though. The way these servers has nothing to do with Blizzard. And when I say IP, it's a matter of the server providing service like selling out gear or stuff that directly translates in the game through Blizzard's assets.

I've been part of many of these server projects myself and watched two different court cases from the side, one which Blizzard ultimately drew back from because they had no case albeit the CnD they issued on service provider meant we had to move and another where they ultimately settled the case and the project leader of the time (quite notable member of Microsoft at that) had to step down and relinquish all dealings with the server. Server itself survived however and we simply switched host again and avoided doing more drives for upgrades. No more court cases for the next 4 years we were up.

It is a grey area definately but not illegal in itself.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Honestly, if you want some decent 1v1 PvP, I would suggest Blade and Soul's arena mode. There is a ladder, rewards, and you can solo queue.

I know it's another game, but better than some shitpile private neckbeard jerkfest.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Illegality DEPENDS ON ZHE COUNTRIES LAWS. mfg from germany. where it is legal.
    It's still owned by Blizzard, and something tells me in Germany you still have to abide by Terms of Service agreements, regardless of where they're from.

needless to say that i agree wholeheartedly with this post

me and my mates are in a similar situation regarding time and i often and up doing random content instead of the arena matches i want to play, since it's kinda hard for us to log at the same time

a game is made better by knowing when to compromise and when to try to make something work and the whole rhetoric against this mind numblingly obvious inclusion is funny to avoid using a nasty word

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's still owned by Blizzard, and something tells me in Germany you still have to abide by Terms of Service agreements, regardless of where they're from.
    the tos of blizzard are breaking german law, and therefore are non-exisant. remember honorbuddy? it was a german company, and what they did was perfectly legal. the company was sued in the usa and convicted to 8.5 million damages payment, but ignored the verdict because usa law doesnt apply to a german company. the only reason why the company stopped to sell their stuff is because of the back than newly implemented spy tools in battle.net launcher that leave them no chance to use their programm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Wow buddy. just wow.

Running/Playing one.

Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Find me a case of someone going to prison/lawsuit for PLAYING on Pserver oppose to running one (running one is a whole other ball game).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Yes, they are.
    No. No, they are not.
    -K

No. No, they are not.
    Yes. Yes, they are.