Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So what has your War mode experience been so far?

Personally? it phases me out of interacting with most of my server, the only pvp i have seen was some alliance players camping the new teleport to undercity to catch people porting in and having to take a lowbie from somewhere like the ghostlands to org just to turn it on or off is a bit tedious.

My initial reaction is the sw/org option should change to any capital city and flagging pvp should not phase you out, it never did before you just went from blue name to green. Now you can't see someone being attacked and join in unless you are already in warmode which means phasing yourself out away from most of the playerbase.

It just seems right now aside from portal camping gank squads the 10% bonus isn't really worth it since you are removed from the world of the mmo for the most part which seems counter to the point of world pvp.

Deleted
    I enjoy it with my Shadow Priest, I can scrap Void Eruption while outdoors due to Edge of Insanity being a PvP talent.

Deleted
    I barely see anyone really.

Playing shadow priest.

Found a couple of people who attacked me and died, disrespecting my gear levels apparently.

Other then that it feels like a single player game, nobody is around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good so far. Have had some fun with the system and I appreciate the goal of the feature. I've always played PvE
    Servers with friends but truly want PvP server interaction.

If I could suggest one change it would be sanctuary space and no phasing near summon stones. I know the phasing is necessary. I know that being able to drop PvP flag on a whim is what Blizzard doesnt want. But sanctuary space and removed phasing near stones is going to be a quality of life thing for dungeon/raid running.

I've been mostly leveling two alts, one solo, one with a friend, and so far we've yet to see nothing but Alliance (We're Alliance as well). The one time I saw Horde at all, I happened to peek into the Crystalvein Mine in STV and saw a whole gaggle of 110s farming the Chromatic Sword rare. So...kind of boring, tbh.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2018-07-21 at 03:33 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding all opinions until actual BFA launch and the player base gets its “returning players” boost. Currently it feels extremely dead and I’m going disappointed by that.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

I enjoy it overall.

I do think they should switch the activation to just any major hub, or at least tack on the major BfA hubs, because it is a minor annoyance to have to trek back to Stormwind to toggle it on.

It's also a bit disorienting for me and my friend to summon people to M+, but we never see them pop up because they're not enlisted.

Also not sure about this "Never see anyone" thing? I see plenty of Horde in 110 zones at least, and plenty of Alliance.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-07-21 at 02:57 PM.

If you hang around the dueling areas theres pretty much always something going on. I don't know why, but there is.

Found lots of pvp around the legion invasion areas. If you're looking for some action that's where you want to go right now.

Minor annoyance with a low level character in STV as i was getting camped by a 110, had to leave and turn war mode off which feels bad when your goal is leveling.
    It would have been nice to implement some sort of level phasing along with this so you only saw people within like 5 levels of you out in the world. I certainly don't mind running afoul of other players, but it really does feel bad to just get camped by someone who can fly around and one shot you. Fortunately I'm leveling a paladin so i could bubble-hearth, otherwise i would have had to just log out as a ghost.

I never see anybody. Occasionally I may see one other person in a hub quest. It's actually made it easier to level and grind WQs because there's nobody to compete with, coupled with the +10%.

As a rogue it's pretty fun.
    As an arms warrior, holy shit it's fucking horrible fucking rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Irritating, people in Warmode can’t help summon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Havent seen any wpvp action at all so i dunno yet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    When i look groups for killing bosses, doing quests or achievements, I learn that all these groups are in Off War Mode then i running to Orgrimmar to turn off the war mode, run to the place of Boss/quest/achievements, complete it, return back to Ogrimmar and turn on this mode. GG BLIZZARD jk
    Last edited by ArkantosChampion; 2018-07-21 at 06:21 PM.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

For some reason the greater invasion boss splits up people with and with out War mode turned on. This makes no sense to me since its instanced. Outside of that it has mainly been groups of horde camping teleport pads on Argus, which is about what I expected. End of the expansion and people are bored and know where peeps will be. I think it will be fine once BFA drops. Though, like some have already posted the way it separates the player base is not a good thing, and can be really frustrating at times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Loving it, but I've been on a PvP server forever and quite like the anticipation of possibly getting jumped all the time. Have to wait and see what the populations are like come launch but its been a lot of fun so far. The 10% experience buff is nice and the couple of times someone has been camping they wind up flagged before long and you get a posse together and whomp them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really seen much action outside of being ganked 3-4 times, and that was probably only coz I was questing on stuff that people grind for reputation. A big disappointment for me is that I can't really fight back against 110 people, I liked the scaling on beta better where it was a bit more of a fair fight.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    For some reason the greater invasion boss splits up people with and with out War mode turned on. This makes no sense to me since its instanced. Outside of that it has mainly been groups of horde camping teleport pads on Argus, which is about what I expected. End of the expansion and people are bored and know where peeps will be. I think it will be fine once BFA drops. Though, like some have already posted the way it separates the player base is not a good thing, and can be really frustrating at times.
    The Invasion areas are not really Instances. They are world zones, just sharded for one faction only. You can have different groups and more than 40 players in the same shard...which is impossible with instances. So it's a technical thing.

I would be interested in the region+faction of posters, to compare who sees other players and who does not.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Wasn't really attacked before, not really attacked now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol