Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    White pines ranch 5th grade. Everyone in there bunks and some trouble starts. Teacher makes me get out of bed. I'm rock hard in my underwear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once our school went to a renaissance fair, which sounds cool on paper, but alas, due to an early form of political correctness, also known as zero tolerance, anything resembling a weapon had to be covered up or hidden.

So...essentially it was an exceptionally muted experience with pretty much anything of interest being closed off or forbidden. (like a blacksmith making armor or weapons, or a little neat jousting event I looked up later.)

I mean, god forbid early high schoolers see a sword or hammer or bow at a fair intended to show some aspects of life during that era. Might be too traumatic, after all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got to see 'Cats' in NYC on Broadway in 10th grade (1986); then went to Mama Mia's (https://www.mamamia44sw.com/index.html) for dinner--- was awesome. Bad part was nearly getting run over (am fully wheel chair bound) by some ass-hole in a delivery van who thought running a red-light was a good plan. Yikes!
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

I took an environmental geochemistry course. My teacher wanted us to see some known superfund sites, but because of weather issues, it kept getting pushed back. He waited a week for good weather, and then called for it to be the following Sunday. That Sunday got bad again. So the trip was 12 hours out of a weekend, visiting toxic waste dumps, in horizontal freezing rain and driving snow, and then riding in overcrowded vans.

My Preschool bus broke down in Compton, mind you all us kids were white. We had more than a few unfriendly suggestions from the locals to go back from where we came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.