Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do people say retri pally mage tower is the easiest

I'm going fucking crazy. There's so much different shit to keep track of. There's three different targets and I need to see what they're doing at all times, but that's nuts. I can't switch that fast.

I'm trying to go with the Repentance on Sigryn strategy. Who should I be targeting most of the time, melee dude or caster dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is assassin rogue but watch this video and listen to when he explains the mechanics. IT helped me big time. I watched this before even doing it on any of my toons and so far have only had to redo it a few times before getting them all.

https://youtu.be/INKYxWJerv0

Easiest? Bloodtotem is a complete joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a tip? Here's some macros I used for the fight

For Sigryn with her crap:

#Showtooltip
    /target Sigryn
    /cast Repentance

For Velbrand when he uses Berserk:

#Showtooltip
    /target Jarl Velbrand
    /cast Hand of Hindrance

For Runeseer Faljar

#showtooltip
    /target Runeseer Faljar
    /cast Rebuke

It's not much, but if you use DBM it'll tell you when shit is coming. So just use the abilities when they should be used and it'll be fine.

As for who to target, I usually keep 'em fairly stacked up and nuke Velbrand down first.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2018-07-08 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'm going fucking crazy. There's so much different shit to keep track of. There's three different targets and I need to see what they're doing at all times, but that's nuts. I can't switch that fast.
    You don't have to track anything it's yelled out with a raidwarning thing.
    Switching to the woman to apply a cc is hard for you?

That's like all you have to do, that and not (or do if it is runes) stand in stuff.

Deleted
    It's just boasting.

The imp mother and the wurm/bloodtotem are a lot easier.

Consider as a ret pally, you basically have 1 get out of free card that resets every...3min or so? (bubble), consistent self healing with a spell or attacking ability, 1 giant full health self heal, and other fairly good defensive measures, in addition to the appropriate ways to CC and interrupt the mechanics as needed. So while the fight itself is still a jumble of stuff happening at times, ret pallys have the tools to make it more forgiving and easier to learn the fight. The only downside is rng crappy rune placement you have to run to at times since horse is a horrid sprint (heaven forbid it's up the same time as the valkyr dodging charge), but eventually you'll get into a good situation and down it. Just gotta learn it and push through.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i gave up on prot Mage Tower because thats where you really need to keep an eye on numerous things (balls, boss, velen's health, infernal casts). Thats shit made me crazy. Fuck it.
    And Holy one is just annoying shit on first phase that asks for a good gear.
    Compare to that Retri just took me 8 attempts to beat. Keep trying and you'll notice the pattern. Hit the boss, save 2 charges of charger for the purple rings on the floor, interrupt the casts of both bosses, sometimes dodge the valkyries.
    Id say in term of the sweat and focus the hardest is:
    1)Calculate the cool downs to interrupt the casts of bosses; Hard. Also you need to switch often.
    2)Check the purple rings on the floor; Hard at first, then you'd get used to it and 2 charges of mount is very useful here.
    3)Keep an eye on the wall of valkyries; Easiest thing.

Just do the zerg strat and as long as you save your hammer for every blood you win with like no effort just keep cleaving. If you do get low just start spamming your flash heal.

Deleted
    lol I did it even without using Repentance...

Just allways focus Sigrin and stun the cast and swap to caster when you have to interupt

5+ Year Old Account
    Same solution as most Mage Towers: have Prydaz.

Have good RNG.

Meh I think I'll let this one go, not worth the effort for what amounts to a broken Ashbringer... And the color I want is gated behind RBG's anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I think I'll let this one go, not worth the effort for what amounts to a broken Ashbringer... And the color I want is gated behind RBG's anyway
    Don't give up on it because you will regret it after it's gone. Get it done man. I believe in you.

I can't say how easy it is compared with other classes, but it was pretty easy. I spent way too much time worrying about stuff and got wiped many times, but then i relaxed, had some lunch and came with a clear mind (not rushing anything) and took it in a breeze.

What you need to do, is set Sygrin as Focus.
    Ddont chain Repentance, because she will just be DR capped.
    Instead, Rep after 15-20 seconds from the begining, and then again every Minute and 15 seconds.
    Take the Melee guy over the caster guy and burst them down asap, stun the Berserk and then kite with Hand of Hindrance.
    Other than that, its only stepping on the purple stuff every few seconds and getting the position of the Valkyrs.

You can also have 2 cheat deaths (leggo bracers) and a great shield in Prydaz, and with the Justicar talent you should never drop below 50%.

If youre having problem with Valkyrs (which are a bit tricky) just spend more effort on them, because they are (or should be) the highest priority

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even need to repentance her, just HoJ right when she goes to cast that way she's up for the extra cleave damage the rest of the time.

Also I've heard that every single challenge is the easiest, it's subjective.

Vengence demon hunter and feral druid was easiest 1 shotted at 930-935 before artifact update. Pally is my main was done first month of mage tower at 918ilvl weapon was at 50ish i think both ret and prot.

Nah, man. This is frustrating, but just watch videos that explain the fight a bit better. I've done this challenge on ret pally twice, enhancement shaman twice, and assassination rogue.

The /target Sigryn /cast repentance macro was huge for me. Made the fight so much easier. But giving up is never the solution!

I believe the statement of easiest is in comparison to the other two paladin challenges.

What I did was to set Sygrin as my focus then used a macro to just cast repentance on her. You'll want to just let it go and only cast when she's about to turn into her Fel form.

That said I think you might be overthinking the challenge right now. Best thing you can do is gear up to 930 or so and then go ham on all three of them at once - especially if you have prydaz.

Your DPS should be such that you can bring them down pretty close to the "enrage" phase within a single bloodlust. Once you get to the soft-enrage the fight actually becomes a lot easier because the runes on the floor stop spawning. After that your DPS should be more than enough to pop the shield every time.

So just pre-pot, rush in, wings and start AoE hammering on all of them. You can stun the first fel form and ride your horsey over any runes that spawn and just do your best to keep your pressure up. The fight only gets hard when runes, val'kyr and Fel-sygrin all happen at once so if you can push through that overlap or just survive it you'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Easiest? Bloodtotem is a complete joke.
    it's not for hunter. i just completed it tonight.

i got through by the skin of my teeth, because i got lucky enough for something to come off cd. the lack of healing is a major pain in that fight.

op, don't cc sigryn one right after the other. give it a sec after each one. also, if you repent her after she casts blood of her father, it stops ticking. so, just keep that in mind if she gets the cast off.

hit faljar, keep an ear out for velbrand to yell about something, and always target the smallest rune first to run over.

it's hectic as fuck at first, but don't let yourself frenzy. just let things flow into one another calmly.

I'm trying to go with the Repentance on Sigryn strategy. Who should I be targeting most of the time, melee dude or caster dude?
    I'm unsure if it's intended or a bug, but as the fight progressed, the bosses started doing less abilities. By the end all I had to worry about was CC'ing Sigryn and bursting down the caster's shield with my paladin.

As for the strategy, I just made Sigryn as my focus target, used a "/cast [@focus] Repentance" macro to cast it on her every time she did her massive AE pulse ability. Only CC her when she does her cast. Otherwise she'll eventually get CC-immune and you won't be able to avoid her massive AE.

Hand of Hindrance was just manually cast on the warrior, when he gained a damage buff, and when he did his whirlwind I'd use Divine Charge to get away from him. I focused mostly on the caster. If survival is your problem, having Prydaz and the legendary bracers Aegisjalmur would be a great boon to your survivability.

Key thing, though: don't really worry about DPS. The only time where DPS is an issue is when the caster puts up his shield, but even then a big burst isn't needed. Attacking without using CDs is more than enough to burst that shield down with decent time to spare. Bubbling his massive cast once or twice is also an option.

Focus on the mechanics and you'll be done in no time.

But, no, the paladin isn't the easiest. As pointed out, the Bloodtotem challenge is a complete joke. I literally finished on my second attempt since I was learning the bosses' abilities on my first try on my monk.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-07-09 at 05:27 AM.