Uther's Tomb update/theory

So figured this would go into Paladin discussion because quite frankly this is probably one of the most important things for Paladin lore and potential reward since the announcement of the Ashbringer. So im curious as to the major reason for this is or if long term we will see something unique from it given the locked doors that lead downstairs. My thoughts/theory right now is potentially later in the expansion we might see transmog rewards from perhaps "Class Challenges" (not spec related) and the reward would be a transmog set and in our case it would be Uther's Armor etc. Given the popularity of the Mage tower it would make sense to have something similar down the road and a story line related to Uther in this regard.

This being said has anyone seen any voice lines or files in relation to Uther or anything about the Basement itself? Honestly this is mostly wishful thinking because I would LOVE to have his armor and Libram. A challenge to reward something like that would be amazing in of itself, given that weapons are a thing maybe (key word MAYBE) his hammer might become a big upgrade for us and later on we might see legendary weapons in some fashion from this. Unlikely honestly but maybe.

Ultimately I bring it into the Paladin discussions simply because it is Uther's tomb and what are the Paladin's thoughts on this and what are your thoughts of getting his armor if you were able?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your idea OP but the problem is that Uther was human and that scenario is very human-centric. Tauren may not identify with Uther.

I think one real possibility is that there is nothing under the tomb and it is just a visual update like Arathi was updated. However, there's no reason for that. But it must still be a possibility.

Another possibility I see is something to do with Calia and Lordaeron. I think they might develop a reclamation of Lordaeron story, or a cleansing of Lordaeron.

I think it's really interesting, I can't wait to find out myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    A while back, right before Draenor I believe Blizz showed some concepts of visual accessories like librams and quivers that you could upgrade. I would love if they introduce more unique armor pieces outside of what we currently have. I think it would be great to have a player paladin or other class look as great as current npcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I like your idea OP but the problem is that Uther was human and that scenario is very human-centric. Tauren may not identify with Uther.

I think one real possibility is that there is nothing under the tomb and it is just a visual update like Arathi was updated. However, there's no reason for that. But it must still be a possibility.

Another possibility I see is something to do with Calia and Lordaeron. I think they might develop a reclamation of Lordaeron story, or a cleansing of Lordaeron.

It's not just a visual update, as a Updated Uther model was datamined aswell, with new armor, different hair color, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    A while back, right before Draenor I believe Blizz showed some concepts of visual accessories like librams and quivers that you could upgrade. I would love if they introduce more unique armor pieces outside of what we currently have. I think it would be great to have a player paladin or other class look as great as current npcs.
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and have been waiting VERY patiently for that. I slightly feel Chris Robinson trolled us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post

You know, I had a feeling I would get this comment because I often look at this also and often go: Sunwalkers and Blood Knights do not have much, Sunwalkers have actually 0 in terms of heritage/cultural mog. I knew this comment was coming and I should have said my thoughts but wanted to wait until the comment happened.

If blizzard is smart the reward for them would be a mog that fits the culture imo. Before anyone goes: but why, thats too much work. It's their fault for adding in cultures like that to allow class options to races when sure they share the Paladin class features but in all aspects they are not paladins but: Blood Knights, Sunwalkers, Prelates (if they have that)

Damn I sure hope they do something damn cool with it! Hyped for it! His armor, some other cosmetic reward or a legendary, anything, bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Damn I sure hope they do something damn cool with it! Hyped for it! His armor, some other cosmetic reward or a legendary, anything, bring it on!
    Like IF they have any legendary system in the game atm it would be something to do with individual classes per se. Just one and would be a weapon in the end game (MAYBE) thats my logic on it. I could be VERY VERY wrong but if it is I could imagine it based on WC2/WC3 stuff and Paladin would be Hammer of the Lightbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Like IF they have any legendary system in the game atm it would be something to do with individual classes per se. Just one and would be a weapon in the end game (MAYBE) thats my logic on it. I could be VERY VERY wrong but if it is I could imagine it based on WC2/WC3 stuff and Paladin would be Hammer of the Lightbringer.
    But let's not go for Uther's hammer. That hammer already exists in-game (Grand Marshal's). Let's go for something cooler and fresher. If it's going to be a weapon. But with all the awesome weapon skins I got in Legion I would much rather they made us a shiny new piece of armor. Full 3D like that Uldir raid set <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    But let's not go for Uther's hammer. That hammer already exists in-game (Grand Marshal's). Let's go for something cooler and fresher. If it's going to be a weapon. But with all the awesome weapon skins I got in Legion I would much rather they made us a shiny new piece of armor. Full 3D like that Uldir raid set <3
    I mean IF they do i would hope they use the master skin weapon that Uther has in HOTS. At this moment his hammer on the statue looks like the current armament of the silver hand hammer. Though IF they do make a hammer that looks like Grand Marshals then it has to be an updated Paladin/Lordaeron variant.

To go back on the Sunwalkers and Blood Knights hopefully they get something different to fit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    It's not just a visual update, as a Updated Uther model was datamined aswell, with new armor, different hair color, etc.
    Oh true! Well then I think it's more likely to be a scenario. I think more likely not a class-specific one though. Legion was class-specific focused and we don't have evidence of other classes having a similar treatment. It would be a lot of work for one class to have a scenario and not others. Also, by making it a scenario for everyone I think it somewhat diminishes the awkwardness for other paladins that Uther is very tied to the human culture.

I still doubt this will be a paladin-only experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Classic Paladin Armor to transmog will be gorgeous. I like your theory
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Quote Originally Posted by rubenmsalles View Post
    Classic Paladin Armor to transmog will be gorgeous. I like your theory
    If anything, hoping for the armor @.......@

Deleted
    They seem to be moving into the general opposite direction in BfA. Away from "class identity" towards "faction identity".

It's very likely it has been updated for a warfront, which is being developed around Andorhal.
    Maybe the building itself was replaced for the sole reason of the resource being replaced within the game files, including the statue (I didn't play alpha/beta so i can't say whether some building/statue overthere actually shares models).

I used far sight on a shaman to glitch past the gates and get a look at the basement, but both sets of stairs lead to untextured walls. If we do go down into the basement, it will probably be in a special phase or scenario because right now, there's nothing there.

Hope its something like the Warlock green fire questline from MoP, but highly doubt it. They can't even bother to update our blessing spell visuals, been the same since vanilla...

Deleted
    Would expect them to use the class halls for whatever class related.
    Reckon it is game related and most probs a war front of some sort. Or maybe Nomi establishing a new kitchen there. May the Light help us

Deleted
    He's going to be resurrected as a lightforged Forsaken and we all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Someone got through to the other side of the door

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...018-093344.jpg

Nothing there.
    Unfinished then it seems.

Im guessing it's going to have something to do with the Alliance having control of UC and Anduin ordering the tomb be restored or something of the like, might even be Turalyon since he was friends with Uther.

It definitely looks more like it'd be more to do with the Alliance as a whole than paladins specifically.

I would like to see Uther being resurrected, undead paladins anyone? However, my guess is that they would put Uther in a scenario which is linked to the alliance taking control of the area near the Undercity, or Paladins taking full control of the Western Plagueslands.