Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You can also RP an elf with yellow eyes soon. They can be a Blood Elf or a High Elf. No one truly knows what except that you -will- be playing Horde still.
    I remember that Ion said that he was going to give us blue eyes, we have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Not gonna happen. You can blame your lack of the regular skinned elves on Garithos and Jaina.

Please elaborate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Please elaborate on that.
    Garithos pushed away the elf forces that were with Kaelthas and they were forced to ally with Illidan.

Jaina pushed away the Blood Elves joining Alliance by arresting/purging them from Dalaran.

The only High Elf forces I can recall for now are the ones that followed Alleria in Warcraft 2 and a few number scattered over Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Garithos pushed away the elf forces that were with Kaelthas and they were forced to ally with Illidan.

Jaina pushed away the Blood Elves joining Alliance by arresting/purging them from Dalaran.

The only High Elf forces I can recall for now are the ones that followed Alleria in Warcraft 2 and a few number scattered over Azeroth
    Yep exactly those. Those are the ones we could use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_tropes#Races
    In role-playing games, character race typically refers to any sapient species usable as a player character. Older editions of Dungeons & Dragons called the primary non-human player races (dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, and half-elf, Half-orc) "demi-humans." Later games such as Shadowrun use the term "metahuman," and define these humanoid races as subdivisions of "Homo sapiens."

gnomes, halflings, half-elves and half-orcs are also ther but they are genreally not as important as the main 3.
    If there are elves dwarves and huamans already in the game and on top of that playable, its a sin not to allow the traditional setting to be played out by the very fans of the fantasy genre who also support the game.
    And why do you think Blizzard has to adhere to old tropes instead of inventing their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    And why do you think Blizzard has to adhere to old tropes instead of inventing their own?
    even your question is flawed because:
    If the foundation is good, new lore can still be built upon it - there is no contradiction there.

this foundation simply is yet to be established in WoW aside from the multiple new things they already invented, this one is still lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its yet another high elves thread but now with fake positivity. I wonder if this will be the one thread to turn the tide and make high elves happen.

...probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its yet another high elves thread but now with fake positivity. I wonder if this will be the one thread to turn the tide and make high elves happen.

...probably not.
    Hmm yet why do you think its fake? What if its genuine but your own heart is too clouded to recognize the true one after so many fakes?

even your question is flawed because:
    If the foundation is good, new lore can still be built upon it - there is no contradiction there.

this foundation simply is yet to be established in WoW aside from the multiple new things they already invented, this one is still lacking.
    The foundation is the existence of the same races. The new is how they're opponents.

Or the new is that the dark elves are good instead of evil.

So far you haven't given any good arguments besides autist-level-compulsion for everything to be lined up as you want it in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No they are not! Night Elves are not Drow even if they share the matriarchal concept to some degree. Elune could be compared to Elistrae or whatever the name of the Moon Goddess in the Forgotten Realms is, and this one is not worshipped by the Drow except some exiles.

Night Elves are just one more take on Wood Elves / Sylvan Elves like we have some in Warhammer Fantasy.
    I believe Rob Pardo said in an interview during Warcraft 3's development cycle that the genesis for the Night Elf concept was taking what they liked about traditional Wood Elves, what they liked about Drow and mixing the together to create their own take on both.

Just because Night Elves are the Warcraft take on Wood Elves doesn't mean they aren't also a take on the Drow. They're both, although I will admit that the wood elven influence is predominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    One is done as an act of protection for their IP, the other is a request for something that is already playable.. Just not on the faction people want them on.
    Yep this is the problem which needs correction xd

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Alliance players have been asking for playable high elves since release. They got Void Elves instead.

Horde players have been asking for playable ogres since release. They'll most likely get Mok'nathal instead.
    Ironically, I don't think anyone will really care either way on the horde side. Unless they make the Mok'Nathal basically an orc recolor.
    I'd be down for rexxar's model.

Precisely, they are a mix of wood elf and dark elf but the dark elf part is more gleaming in both skin and hair color.
    Traditional wood elves have a brownish color compared to that. Since this problem can not be fixed after 20 years, the asspull void elves need to change.

- - - Updated - - -

There is still hope my friend
    Thay can still be persuaded. Don't give up the fight
    Given the number of other actually interesting races that wouldn't just be a repeat of something that already exists, I wouldn't expect High Elves until literally every other race possibility has been expended. And even then, it is still not very likely. Tuskarr, Hozen, Jinyu, those little Pygmy dudes from Uldum, Ogres ... hell, I could even see them figuring out how to make Naga playable before they did High Elves. It would take WoW being nearly dead and them pandering to the fanbois to try to keep WoW alive or Ion and most of the current dev team leaving for there to even be a hope for High Elves.

And honestly, High Elves are dull. From an aesthetic point (given that Blizzard seems to be trying to make racials all but meaningless as time goes on), High Elves are basically less red Blood Elves on the Alliance. Or less black Void Elves. Or thin humans with pointy ears. They would need to create entirely new models to make it worth doing, because if they reused the Blood Elf/Void Elf model, people would bitch that "they aren't really High Elves, just recolored Belfs/Velfs!" and I highly doubt there is any chance of them creating new models. The reason that Allied Races work is because they are effectively variants of existing models. The only Allied races getting unique models are the Zandalari and the Kul'tirans, and given they are the NPC faction of this expansion, that makes sense. Every other Allied race has reused models so far. The best they have done is given a few extra customization options to existing races (upright Orcs) but those were applied to existing races as well, so it isn't really anything specific to the Allied Race. And if they added a new model for High Elves, they would likely end up adding another Elf race that used that new model to the Horde to justify the creation of the model/animations/emotes/dancing/etc.

The reality is, with the golden eyes option and blonde hair, you can effectively create a High Elf on the Horde, aesthetically speaking. So the likelihood of getting them on the alliance is basically nonexistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    what an original thread
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yep this is the problem which needs correction xd
    nah, i think that the blood elves under the hordes banner are in the right place, the alliance stabbed them more than enough times

The foundation is the existence of the same races. The new is how they're opponents.

Or the new is that the dark elves are good instead of evil.

So far you haven't given any good arguments besides autist-level-compulsion for everything to be lined up as you want it in your head.
    your lack of understanding is still amusing. XD
    you can't grasp what a novelty is, and how the tropes themselves should be handled. well, no use explaining it to you if you cant understand it :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't there an option for hiding all those stupid high elf threads? Obvious trolling is obvious and people's obsession with those blue-eyed blood elves is sooo annoying.
    ... for all that comes to be deserves to perish wretchedly.

Deathlord Suilea - Die Aldor(EU)

your lack of understanding is still amusing. XD
    you can't grasp what a novelty is, and how the tropes themselves should be handled. well, no use explaining it to you if you cant understand it :P
    I don't think you're old enough to understand the purpose of tropes. They aren't a recipe that should be followed at any cost.

Blizzard is an industry giant, they've made more money than Tolkien so their take is just as valid.

People saying they're trolling with these threads are no better than those high elf fans who claim they're being trolled when people raise arguements against them. I guess the dude simply didn't see the thread as it's fallen a bit behind or whatever.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ion-Megathread
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-12 at 01:35 PM.

I don't think you're old enough to understand the purpose of tropes. They aren't a recipe that should be followed at any cost.

Blizzard is an industry giant, they've made more money than Tolkien so their take is just as valid.
    Xd kid, if you ever live to be as old as me, you can call yourself enlightened, until then listen to what the adults tell you to do.
    as you didn't know this trope existed in the first place you woudl do well to educate yourself.
    Read through the thread and realize why you are wrong. I have explained everything in detail across various posts. just read and you will come to realize the truth, son.