Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Non RNG based classes?

I'm trying to decide what class to play for bfa. The problem I have with Legion is that all classes are reactive RNG based, it's a playstyle I never liked. It's one of the main reasons I didn't enjoy Legion that much, I just couldn't find a class I liked. A problem I have never had before with previous expansions. How are the classes in bfa, are they stil RNG based?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I'm trying to decide what class to play for bfa. The problem I have with Legion is that all classes are reactive RNG based, it's a playstyle I never liked. It's one of the main reasons I didn't enjoy Legion that much, I just couldn't find a class I liked. A problem I have never had before with previous expansions. How are the classes in bfa, are they stil RNG based?
    I'd say most still have an RNG component somewhere, but some are worse than others on that front.

Deleted
    My favorite class used to be mage but sadly it got lots of RNG now. I don't mind reacting on events around me but the random flashy thingy on screen -> press button mechanic is nothing more than an annoying interupt to me but almost all classes seem to have it since Legion. I think WoW has 36 specs now? I havent tried all of them so maybe there are still some specs without the annoying RNG elements. I was hoping bfa would move away from RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I did some research and it seems balance druid is the only class and spec without RNG. I guess I'll play a balance druid in bfa.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2018-07-12 at 02:48 PM.

MMO's are inherently chock full of RNG and I find if funny how it's become so trendy to complain about RNG. For instance, whether or not you crit or dodge or parry (etc etc etc) is RNG. If there wasn't RNG and everything was completely deterministic it would just be called math and it would be really boring.

As far as whether or not there are specs that are less reactive, yes there are.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite class used to be mage but sadly it got lots of RNG now. I don't mind reacting on events around me but the random flashy thingy on screen -> press button mechanic is nothing more than an annoying interupt to me but almost all classes seem to have it since Legion. I think WoW has 36 specs now? I havent tried all of them so maybe there are still some specs without the annoying RNG elements. I was hoping bfa would move away from RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I did some research and it seems balance druid is the only class and spec without RNG. I guess I'll play a balance druid in bfa.
    RNG affects balance druids too. Sometimes you'll have huge crits and sometimes you won't.

MM Hunters is probably what you are looking for, https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksm...or-azeroth-bfa

all rng he has is a 50% chance to get 2 stacks of arcane shot instead of one, you will always get at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    MM Hunters is probably what you are looking for, https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksm...or-azeroth-bfa

all rng he has is a 50% chance to get 2 stacks of arcane shot instead of one, you will always get at least one.
    Yeah MM hunter atleast in the bfa beta doesn't feel as RNG based compared to legion MM hunter which is nice since it feels a bit different to play.

Though I also think SV hunter isn't RNG based? though there is that one talent that increases your serpent sting damage and doesn't cost focus when it procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Yeah MM hunter atleast in the bfa beta doesn't feel as RNG based compared to legion MM hunter which is nice since it feels a bit different to play.

Though I also think SV hunter isn't RNG based? though there is that one talent that increases your serpent sting damage and doesn't cost focus when it procs.
    SV is quite reliant on Kill Command resets.

Shadow Priest if you don't take certain talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    MMO's are inherently chock full of RNG and I find if funny how it's become so trendy to complain about RNG. For instance, whether or not you crit or dodge or parry (etc etc etc) is RNG. If there wasn't RNG and everything was completely deterministic it would just be called math and it would be really boring.

In other games that usually comes down to skill .

- - - Updated - - -

BfA is actually adding a little more RNG to balance that you are trying to avoid: abilities have a 20% chance to proc an empowered ability (aka light up your screen and button). But other than that thy seem fairly non-rng reliant.

I agree that mm hunter is pretty safe, but I think Destro lock is even more reliable. Use spells -> gain shards -> spend shards.

It has 2 pieces of "rng", but both are pretty negligible for the sake of changing rotation etc like you expressed distaste for:
    1) Immolate crits will generate shards, but that is only a small part of your shard generation and when it happens/doesn't happen it doesn't really change anything, just gets to your spenders faster.
    2) Your mastery is literally rng (thanks legion). It increases damage dealt by x% + a random amount of up to y% (per spell) and does the same for damage reduction. But again, for your distaste of "rng" (like affecting your rotation) this will change nothing.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

RNG affects balance druids too. Sometimes you'll have huge crits and sometimes you won't.
    Sorry I should have been more clear, I have absolutely no problem with RNG elements like crits, dodge, parry, etc. The thing that bothers me is the reactive RNG elements of classes, it just feels clunky to me and kills the flow.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give MM hunter and Dest warlock a try, I haven't played those for a while, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In other games that usually comes down to skill .
    There are no MMO's or sort-of MMO's that have had any success at all that don't have RNG. Really dumb comment IMO.

Deleted
    There are no MMO's or sort-of MMO's that have had any success at all that don't have RNG. Really dumb comment IMO.
    Since Legion there has been too much of it... though

Balance and MM are two specs with very little RNG. Destro Warlocks also have a very predictable rotation, there's RNG on your damage numbers but not on your gameplay and it evens out over time.

For melee Assassination counts as well. RNG gies you more combo points via crits but apart from that there are few curveballs thrown your way.

Sub rogue has pretty low RnG to it.

Apparently the RNG on rotations is the way to avoid the possibility of using sequence macros to optimize your dps. I read something in those lines from a couple of blue post about class design.

Don't recall much, if any "RNG" in Assassination rogue, save a bonus CP or two. Mine is only an Alt I play a lot, so Might not pay attention as much as my Main (Fire Mage).

Demo Lock and Fury Warrior are probably the 2 least RNG specs in Beta atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I would also say Subtlety. It's not in the best spot right now but it doesn't rely on RNG.

MMO's are inherently chock full of RNG and I find if funny how it's become so trendy to complain about RNG.
    Yeah I agree, my personal favourite is around gearing. Like everyone forgot how painful it was in the likes of MC with a minuscule amount of drops and nothing fancy like tier tokens :P