Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Never, ever since Westwood was dissolved whatever EA comes up with will be absolute tripe... And their recent pathetic mobile reveal backs that up.

And that is just as well... I don't buy anything off EA. Absolutely despicable company.

I think the numbers are clearer to these larger companies more than us fans. If the RTS did that well, then I guess EA would have invested in a proper C&C. Right now the money seems to be in the mobile space rather than proper RTS games. So it seems like a distant dream.

The last true CNC game was Kane's Wrath. In 2008.

They won't, look at the embarassment of the mobile game. Because they are EA they will likely take the bad response as people not liking C&C games rather than people being pissed off and completely unimpressed with the mobile game direction (and the game itself). It's sad but the RTS genre on PC is dead and EA would never make a risk with a niche title.

I still play Red Alert 3 (the last real C&C game) at least once a year for a good binge, the series has some really enjoyable games but unfortunately the wrong people have the licence.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

EA... not make a crash grab flash in the pan game... on purpose.....?

ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm not certain the RTS will ever be trendy again. It's a demanding genre that has always been rather niche, Starcraft aside. It could get publisher backing when the game market was smaller, but now that AAA games cost tons of money and are expected to provide tons of sweet, sweet microtransaction money, there's no place for such a genre anymore outside of indie or smaller AA studios like Relic or Creative Assembly. And sadly Relic hasn't been in great form lately.
    Sadly if you look at what it hot right now and then look at some of the games westwood made(sole survivor/renegade) you can see they were pretty visionary as a studio.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    RTS/4x games don't sell anymore

/thread
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Never. EA is a shitty company who makes shitty games. Since EA destroyed Bullfrog, Westwood and other good game companies I swore to never buy anything again from EA. I'm still holding on to that promise.

EA should be stripped of the rights and them given to someone else quite frankly

To be fair, there are still some decently budgeted RTS/RPG style games coming out, just not as C&C games and definitely not from EA.

For example, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 was released not TOO long ago. It is a pretty solid RTS/RPG style game, with excellent graphics and stuff. They are much fewer and further between though. Which is sad, because I still hold out hope for a WC4 RTS game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, EA will add 3 units to NOD and GDI and all the other units will cost real money to unlock and all progression will be hid behind RNG/Pay wall. How do we know? they already tried it and most of you didn't even notice because the game got canned.

C&C is dead. Let the past die.

C&C and the rest of the RTS genre is very much dead. Generals 2 could've been the perfect opportunity to bring some life back to the genre, then for some unknown reason they decided to cancel it and made some mobile games instead. A complete disgrace to what was once a great RTS franchise. At least the old games are still a lot of fun to replay, I must be one of the few who actually liked playing just the singleplayers in RTS games.

It's sad because C&C3 was pretty decent game and Red Alert 3 was OK too. What the fuck happened after that is still a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of RTS is basically dead. People either want more involved 4X games, squad based games (be it real or turn based) or faster MOBAs like games.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Genres don't die, they just go to sleep until they become trendy again.
    What about genres that weren't even trendy to begin with? :<

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Generals 2 had so much backlash and BabyRages that they forced to cancel it.

they made many bad business and gaming decision with it, thats why the community raged so hard.

Deleted
    As long as it's EA, never

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I'm concerned, if they aren't gonna make any more RTS they should at least use the IP and the GDI vs NOD scenario for something else, like they did with C&C Renegade... If they took DICE and had them make a Battlefield game set in the Tiberium Sun era I would buy that shit so fast.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grew up playing C+C, cannot tell you have many hours I spent playing them. I thought generals/zero hour were awesome, so much multiplayer fun. Could spend hours in 1 game nearly losing your base only to use your general abilities and defeat the opponants. So gooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Theres LOTS of money in it. If they could ever manage to send out a product that wasn't a pathetic pile of shit. Sadly EA is run by a bunch of fucking morons who wouldn't know a good idea if it slapped them in the face with their dicks.
    Lots but not ALL the money, so they won't.