Thread: Why Silithus?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why Silithus?

Do we know that yet? Are there any implications or hints I missed or is it still a mystery why exactly Sargeras targeted Silithus?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Didn't he stab Azeroth while being sucked back? Probably just trying to hit something at all. Also, Silithus is empty so easier for Blizz or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Didn't he stab Azeroth while being sucked back? Probably just trying to hit something at all. Also, Silithus is empty so easier for Blizz or something..
    That's the other question: did he deliberately attack Silithus or was it just "fire and forget".

Silithus is a weakened point on Azeroth already because of C'Thun, I suspect it was deliberate because it was easier to put it in there.

/shrug

Could be he just went for it and stabbed the planet. Maybe he listened to Azeroth while being the giant cloud of darkness and found where her heart beats most, which turned out to be Silithus. Or perhaps he sensed some C'Thun corruption around that area and took a stab at that.

Probably won't know until the Bronzebeards figure something out about the world, or Sargeras tells us himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's the other question: did he deliberately attack Silithus or was it just "fire and forget".
    Well considering he was being sucked back I just assumed he wanted to stab Azeroth in a last ditch effort to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Suppose it was just random and also the best place on the map for Blizzard to destroy that wouldn't impact anyone really.

That said, I want to know what happened to the area where he put his hand down on the planet...

Least amount of players that would care it got nuked and the gateway to pull old gods back into the story

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Well considering he was being sucked back I just assumed he wanted to stab Azeroth in a last ditch effort to kill.
    This is most likely the case in this situation. Strike the only point in Azeroth before being sucked back.

Fire and forget. Although I imagine from a dev standpoint they knew nobody really cared about that place anymore.

Do we know that yet? Are there any implications or hints I missed or is it still a mystery why exactly Sargeras targeted Silithus?
    You do know you're basically asking a person why did he throw the dart on that specific spot of the dartboard, after he threw it while being grabbed by other people and pulled away.

You're thinking way too much into it.

Occam's razor: Sargeras wanted to destroy Azeroth and kill the newborn Titan in defiance for having his plans foiled while he was being pulled back, and Silithus just happened to be the place where the sword happened to land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're thinking way too much into it.
    I mean you could be right on this. Or you could be wrong and he deliberately attacked Silithus because of the Silithids...

Desperate attempt to erase the last Classic zone in WoW, leaving players to think Burning Crusade was the worst the game ever looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closest convenient target for him to stab as a final fuck-you. From a meta perspective, because Blizzard probably wants to bring back the Qiraji, Silithids, and C'thun and have them supercharged on Azerite once the actual storyline kicks off in 8.1 or 8.2.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was probably random on Sargeras's part but not at all on Blizzard's part. It wouldn't have mattered which zone they picked, popular or not, because phasing means the zone is never actually gone. But Silithus can be made incredibly important to the story and we've already seen hints that being bathed in a fountain of titan blood is affecting the... inhabitants... of the zone (the silithids came back from the stabbing quickly and stronger than before). C'thun shall rise again! (I hope!)
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Silithus was really an unused and irrelevant part of wow since vanilla, so having it being targeted was a double whammy because it updates the zone and leaves potential for a c'thun return

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect it was random chance. There are far more volatile points he could have struck after all, if I wanted to cause maximum damage as Sargeras and was thinking straight I'd have aimed straight at the maelstrom, the remnants of the well eternity and the dimensional junction to deepholm.

Sargeras never thought we would win remember. He left his minions to deal us while he attempted to commune with and corrupt Azeroth. Once the Titans were in control of the Seat and had the power of Argus at their disposal, he had only moments to react. Remember, he only manifested when the transportation beam made contact with him. He knew what was going to happen, and he stabbed Azeroth at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fire and forget. Although I imagine from a dev standpoint they knew nobody really cared about that place anymore.
    Sargeras can cleave in a planet in half, he has in the past. If he only stabbed it, he had a reason and chose Silithus with purpose, imo. The fact that the planet is bleeding from the exact zone where there is an old god is not coincidence. The fact that both Sylvanas and Anduin have touched Azerite with their bare hands and had a visible reaction is not a coincidence either. Imo, Azerite is Sargeras' revenge as it is blood that is corrupted by the C'thun and is inciting war. C'thun is, after all, the old god of Chaos.

Either that, or it means nothing and we are all looking into it too much...

It's similar to the reasoning behind putting the Dark Portal to the Outlands in the Blasted Lands - it's already a barren landscape so it's an ideal spot to construct something new.

If we want to get a bit deeper, both are cases of "bringing life to the desert", or as some modern philosophers prefer, to "landscape the desert of the real".

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few reasons.
    1. He got pulled away by the Panthon so a quick stab and hope for the best.
    2. He knew what he was doing, aiming for Silithus. Proabably something doing with C'thun, however we do not know yet.
    3. Blizzard had to destory 1 random zone and I mean, Silithus was pretty empty. So not much of a loss there and easy to work with.