Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Veng is just sad in duels and world PvP now.

Been doing some duels on the 120 premades and Veng went from of the strongest PvP specs in the game to pretty much the WORST PvP spec in the game.

Why?

NO SNARE! Like, at all. They removed our Infernal Strike PvP snare and they nerfed the DS snare to 20%. Every class in the game can easily beat us by just kiting now.

Very sad state of affairs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If you get kited as a VDH you're either playing bad or choosing the wrong talents. Between Abyssal Strike, Demonic Trample and Felblade you literally have more gap closers then any class in the game can counter. You don't even need a snare.

Granted I have no idea of the viability level with VDH pvp but I know for a fact "being kited" will not be a reason for it being bad.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-02 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Don't you still have Vroom-Vroom?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Don't you still have Vroom-Vroom?!
    Trample is on a 45s CD now. The only class I found I have a chance against are Warriors, every other can easily keep me kited because of snares.

Every ranged class can easily keep me kited. Locks are easier but they are extremely overtuned right now and will just out-survive you. It's funny how I literally killed myself on an Afflic lock by getting Cleansing Flame PVP Talent and dispelling 5 of their UAs and going from like 80% to dead.

Mages Hunters SPs are all untouchable. Rogues have a trillion ways to leave you behind and heal themselves back.

I don't know if Soul Frags get nerfed in PvP but they were healing me for ABSOLUTE TRASH in duels.

My BrM Monk had a lot more healing than my VDH in duels between his Healing Elixiers, Chi Wave and ESPECIALLY Vivify which heals for like 20+% per cast. Ironically, the BrM which is the WORST dueling tanks for Legion are probably one of THE BEST dueling tanks (Prot Pallies are still #1 from what I'm seeing) in BfA. The only class my BrM seems to lose consistently to are Pallies (Rets and Prot) and the BM Hunters who cheese. And Locks, but they are godmode. Going to guess Vivify (as well as the ret/prot Pally heals) are going to get nerfed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Duels.

Thread close.

To be honest tanks shouldn't be anywhere near the top, tanks should be dead last for PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    To be honest tanks shouldn't be anywhere near the top, tanks should be dead last for PvP.
    I love you.

Why? Why shouldnt sustain and outlasting be a strong and viable way of dealing with pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    Why? Why shouldnt sustain and outlasting be a strong and viable way of dealing with pvp?
    Because when no class can realistically deal with something 1v1 it should be nerfed, it was shown this entire expansion how broken tanks were in world PvP or just 1v1. Tanks have zero place in World PvP or Arena play.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a l2p issue.

Because when no class can realistically deal with something 1v1 it should be nerfed, it was shown this entire expansion how broken tanks were in world PvP or just 1v1. Tanks have zero place in World PvP or Arena play.
    Clearly. Tanks were so prominent in arenas, rbgs or any other shape of pvp that actually matters, so lets nerf them so you can beat them in 1v1 world pvp.

1v1 is/will/has always been unbalanced, its been that way since day 1 of the game, and blizzard has never balanced for 1v1 and has said in the past they dont balance for 1v1.
    world pvp/duels is a joke because of how gear works in the world vs instance pvp. Rogue with crit shoulders say hi.
    Tanks should have a place because they're also apart of the game like everyone else.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

...A tank whining he isnt winning at pvp?

Don't agree with that at all. I agree they shouldn't be as strong as they have been.. BUT! Tanks should absolutely be able to hold their own vs DPS, it makes absolutely no sense role identity wise if a Tank can't... well, Tank.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

WoW PvP is not and has never been balanced around 1v1 encounters.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll remember that next time you're in the queue for 30 min waiting for a tank to sign up to carry your ass through a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    You mean when a healer and 3 dps have to carry your ass through a dungeon?
    At least your name checks out, you are pretty blind.

Tanks should not be a thing in pvp because blizz has no idea how to balance them. PvP goes downhill when tanks become strong/viable and all they turn into are damage sponges with a crap ton of utility that piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Tanks should not be a thing in pvp because blizz has no idea how to balance them. PvP goes downhill when tanks become strong/viable and all they turn into are damage sponges with a crap ton of utility that piss people off.
    So you mean they turn into disc priests since forever in every xpac since BC?

It's okay when it's not a tank I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Tell me, can you run a dungeon in starter gear by yourself?
    As a Veng? Yes. They just sucking in PvP, in PvE they are probably the best tanks in BfA now.