Deleted

Exclamation Player Feedback is NOT the Answer to Class Balance

Go take a look at any class subforum on any site. If you pay attention to any class on these forums they all are complaining on the same subjects more or less. And no matter which one you try to reason with they all respond the same. They attack you and tell you you're wrong and explain why "their" class/spec deserves more attention/tuning/better etc. Or why their class/spec isn't doing as well/ as fun as X class/spec. There will be more than one person saying that the spec "feels clunky" or "MoP version of X spec was much better" or "this spec is missing something"

If every spec feels weak / isn't fun / is missing something. How can there possibly be "true" class balance without making every spec the exact same?

The players clearly aren't steering Blizzard in the right direction of class balance, I don't believe feedback from the playerbase when it comes to class balance is as helpful as it seems. Blizzard needs to do their own research and find out which specs/classes need what and stop allowing the playerbase to steer the game further and further from true class balance. The game isn't getting anymore balanced especially in PvP and the only type of balancing that is going on is homogenization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just feeling to point on the 'every spec feels weak', many people whine about that even though now we've been squished and some things aren't adjusted to us anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because an EXPANSION pack usually EXPANDS things and not remove them or make them obsolete.
    Duh.

except sub rogues have pinpointed very clear and precise issues with the spec on multiple accounts and none of them have been even talked about much less adressed so yeah.

The problem is not that the community is always wrong when it comes to balancing, the problem is that people complain more about balance than pretty much any other issue in the game.

I would consider balance to be one of the lowest aspects on the totem pole in terms of importance. Gameplay, skill ceiling, pacing, content, gearing, customization, talents, literally anything else I would consider to be more important than balance. As long as certain specs aren't massively and obviously overpowered then balance is in a good state imo.

Deleted
    Blizzard does do their own research, as far as I know. Unless I'm mistaken they have their own ways of looking at logs and may even use their own software. I seem to remember them saying outright that they don't really look at the things most people look at to consider who is under performing. They do their own tests.