Poll: Would you complete a quest to burn Teldrassil?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would your character burn Teldrassil?

Here's a scenario on how the War of Thorns plays out: Malfurion delays the Horde long enough for Anduin's reinforcements to arrive. Sylvannas realizes her gambit of capturing Teldrassil has failed. She orders the Champion of the Horde (the player character) to burn the World Tree in order to deny the Alliance their major port.

Would your character complete this quest? Would you do it if the quest offered a mount or pet as a reward?

Personally, this is how I hope the War of Thorns plays out. No Old Gods, no third party, no NPCs doing bad things behind the players' backs. Just place the responsibility squarely on the players.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wtf? ... how do people come up with things like this :> i guess u are one of these infamous people who play on these RP servers..

Yes.

My dislike of night elves and general obedience carries over to my Darkspear main, so I would definitely burn down Teldrassil.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Yes.

My dislike of night elves and general obedience carries over to my Darkspear main, so I would definitely burn down Teldrassil.
    They're just sexy mutant trolls. What do you have against sexy mutant trolls, Wishblade?!

I'd absolutely burn every Alliance city and kill every Alliance faction leader, soldier, and civilian.

Finite resources are finite.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

The faction war/identity I think is lost prior to Wotlk? since no faction can ever win vs the other it's just for show and muhhhh alliance/horde yells. No weight for me whatsoever since I've been playing this game for a while and understood this concept for a long time. Obv. the answer is no, no char would burn Teldrassil but have to push that story somehow right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They're just sexy mutant trolls. What do you have against sexy mutant trolls, Wishblade?!
    They like to go on about the light, even if it is related to the beautiful moon(s), and to me seem like the kinda people that can be pretty arrogant and set in their ways, thinking their time in the world makes them superior or more wise than others due to being immortal for a long while.

Granted, the dislike level isn't that major so it's not like they're utterly despised. They're just the race I like the least and so I exaggerate my dislike for immersion, especially since my main is a troll and so there's a level of disdain there.

The biggest dislike is mostly directed at Tyrande who simply annoys me as I've never liked her all that much and has her tendency to be a bit mean towards the Horde. So most dislike towards night elves can mostly boil down to "I think your leader is a bitch and given the chance I will piss her off".

And in terms of the sexy mutants, I'll take a slightly more distant mutant over the immediate ones who love the moon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play Alliance and honestly hope we get a chance to destroyed the undead infested city of lordaeron and destroy any horde city and leader with me and alliance's wake.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Deleted
    If my characters would be true to themselves, they would have never done any quests I guess. The whole horde vs alliance stuff makes no sense and my char would just join the kirin tor and other neutral factions who watch the two factions go to war instead of mediating, drinking and laughing the whole time. Till the true enemy shows his face, then it's time for work. Haven't played lot of Legion, but what happened to Khad'gar? Where is he while things unfold? Where are the rest of kirin tor and neutral factions and class halls?

Yes but only if I can use Malfurion and Tyrande to start the fire. I wouldn't even need a reward, killing them would be reward enough!

Deleted
    Move this to the RP sub-forum imo

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    Move this to the RP sub-forum imo
    It's not actually an RP question. I'm asking about the player's reaction to a quest like this. Would you do a temporary, optional quest that asked you do something which a lot of people see as wrong?

Edit: I should add that I really like the way the Horde War of Thorns quests put the player at the forefront of the war. It's a great change compared to how Theramore happened in a novel, and players just picked up the pieces. I'm just wondering how people would feel if this approach was taken to the ultimate conclusion.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2018-07-26 at 06:17 PM.

Sure, why not. It’s just a tree. Just plant another one.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Deleted
    Yes, I complete the quest.

I bring freedom and security to Kalimdor, and a safe and secure continent for the Horde.
    Death will come to the arrogant elves on Kalimdor.

Well they signed up for the Horde and follow Sylvanas, so they should. It's a direct order from your Warchief, and it's not like the Horde doesn't actively enjoy genociding Alliance cities.

My Horde character did it gladly.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-07-26 at 06:29 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

My character lost his FoS for slaughtering all red dragons, I'm still mad about it. Burning the stump is nothing...

I'd rather see an Alliance character being told "We have lost the world tree. Burn it down while the Horde are inside to give them a Pyrrhic victory. Take as many of them out as we can before we retreat"

Deleted
    Sure, committing genocide for a mount seems like a fair trade.

Only if it's a pet or mount.

Need to complete all the things.