Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    The fall out after the last jedi will be big.
    That anybody still cares about Star Wars after that mess.
    Pretty sure the fall out has already reared it's head with both Rogue and Solo movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I just don't understand why Rey didn't take control of the First Order with Kylo. It would have instantly solved all their problems. Merge the resistance with the first order. She controls the First Order so just make it what she wants.
    Pretty sure that's what's going to happen. Just not at the end of the middle film, because that leaves nowhere to go in the conclusion.

My theory still holds, that the "Skywalker" mentioned in the title isn't a person, it's a GROUP. A blending of Jedi and Sith, Light and Dark, First Order and Resistance.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Pretty sure that's what's going to happen. Just not at the end of the middle film, because that leaves nowhere to go in the conclusion.
    But the current situation doesn't give anywhere to go either with Episode IX. I mean, there is literally no threat, as Kylo is still this angry teenager unable to kill anyone in a 1v1 lightsaber fight (dude he even struggled against Finn ffs), unable to take any decision (Finn and Rose should be dead by now, as they were injured, ship-less, 10 meters in front of the walkers and 10km away from the base). Plus, even the resistance/rebellion/whatever they're called is lame. This group now consists of Mary-Sue, then 3 or 4 nobodies and Chewbacca. Even if they win, who cares ? And if they lose, then what ? How is this "First Order" threatening in any way ?

The only legit threat in Episodes 7 and 8 was Snoke, which seemed to be genuinely powerful. Maybe they'll bring him back but I highly doubt.

I just... don't see the point of the final episode so far. There is no interesting story to expand. Will Episode IX be solely a 2ish-hour movie about Rey's parents nobody cares about ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-07-17 at 05:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

My theory still holds, that the "Skywalker" mentioned in the title isn't a person, it's a GROUP. A blending of Jedi and Sith, Light and Dark, First Order and Resistance.
    I'm willing to bet that it'll be something as monumentally stupid as Rey going back in time and becoming the first Skywalker, leading into Johnson's new Old Republic trilogy in a freshly rebooted timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The only legit threat in Episodes 7 and 8 was Snoke, which seemed to be genuinely powerful. Maybe they'll bring him back but I highly doubt.
    You say that... But what did Snoke actually DO, to make people think he was a big threat? Dude spent the first film sitting around on his chair brooding. Spent the second film sitting around, not realising his acolyte was fucking with him. NONE of his actions registered as "Genuine Threat". Also, we're getting Palpatine somehow. So, he's probably be something of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm willing to bet that it'll be something as monumentally stupid as Rey going back in time and becoming the first Skywalker, leading into Johnson's new Old Republic trilogy in a freshly rebooted timeline.
    Hahaha, oh man. If they actually did that, I would be done for good. Like, selling my old blurays/books DONE.

But honestly, I can't see JJ pulling off anything that "out there" with his film. He's a traditionalist... He basically gave us A New Hope 2.0 in TFA, he'll give us something hyper traditionalist, and fairly generic for this finale. Which is why I think he'll go with the Grey Jedi esque "Balance" route, like I mentioned above.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

You say that... But what did Snoke actually DO, to make people think he was a big threat? Dude spent the first film sitting around on his chair brooding. Spent the second film sitting around, not realising his acolyte was fucking with him. NONE of his actions registered as "Genuine Threat". Also, we're getting Palpatine somehow. So, he's probably be something of a threat.
    Well he didn't do anything sure, but he sure proved he seemed to have some Force affinity at a quite high level. Sure he was lame in this movie, but among all the characters of this trilogy, he was the one with the best potential. Wasted potential so far.

I really hope he pulled a Luke and didn't really die.

I don't really care about Palpatine. I've always kinda enjoyed when dead stay dead, otherwise you start opening the door to make everyone come back under fallacious reasons

15+ Year Old Account
    But honestly, I can't see JJ pulling off anything that "out there" with his film. He's a traditionalist... He basically gave us A New Hope 2.0 in TFA, he'll give us something hyper traditionalist, and fairly generic for this finale. Which is why I think he'll go with the Grey Jedi esque "Balance" route, like I mentioned above.
    Have you not seen what he did at the helm of the Star Trek franchise?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Just saw the RLM video too and that timetraveling theory is just stereotypical enough to be true haha.
    Agreed. Time travel has become the go-to deus ex machina trope of this century so far, and this seems rather likely.

Everything about The Rise of Skywalker screams "Run Away!". I will almost certainly wait for this one to hit streaming...

Especially after End Game did time travel in the laziest and least-thought-about-way possible, ignoring any kind of paradoxes or anything.

It's definitely going to be done with Star Wars now, especially after they dipped their toes in it in Rebels to save Ahsoka.

5+ Year Old Account
    Palpatine can be a force ghost, anything else would just be silly..

It's not so much as what he did as what his presence brings into question, and then absolutely none of those questions get answered.

We don't know who he is, where he comes from, what race he is, why he looks the way he does, where he was during the previous movies, why he leads the First Order, where he got the resources to make the First Order what it is, why he frightened Luke so much, why the Galactic Republic doesn't seem to care about his actions despite his faction blowing up multiple planets in the first movie and apparently having spent decades abducting children to brainwash into stormtroopers to such a scale that they can man a station so large and have plenty left over once it's destroyed, etc.

And now that Kylo Ren is in charge what does that say about the First Order? Was Snoke of so little consequence that in his absence they'll follow the guy who flies into a tantrum with little provocation just because he has super powers? If so then why did they follow Snoke in the first place? At the very least I think the First Order itself should descend into infighting and there should be attempts on Kylo's life left and right. I mean, remember in A New Hope when there was an Empire officer that mocked the force right to Darth Vader's face? That was Darth Vader, a disciplined warrior that had been leading the Empire's finest for decades. I doubt the First Order has the same respect for Kylo Ren, though they probably fear him enough (due to his short fuse) not to do it to his face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well he didn't do anything sure, but he sure proved he seemed to have some Force affinity at a quite high level. Sure he was lame in this movie, but among all the characters of this trilogy, he was the one with the best potential. Wasted potential so far.
    Yeah, but we weren't talking about potential... We were talking about being a threat. Nothing he really did showed him to be a threat. All he did was sit around and talk. People act like he was this great villain that was so badly underused... and yeah, they could have done more with him (although, I have a feeling we might not have seen the end of him). But in terms of goals achieved and screen time, he was pretty weak.

Nope, don't really like Star Trek. Except Discovery. Quite like that show.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Was Snoke of so little consequence that in his absence they'll follow the guy who flies into a tantrum with little provocation just because he has super powers?
    Yeah. Pretty much. This is freakin Star Wars, where no matter how shit you are at everything else, if you've got the Force, you're in charge! And to be fair, when the officer mocked the Force to Vader's face he got fucking choked out for it... So that is probably why Vader (and by extension, Kylo) are in charge.

Time travel is literaly traditional for Star Trek? Its part of every star trek show ever made.

There are rumors about reshoots. Ruh roh.

Yeah. Pretty much. This is freakin Star Wars, where no matter how shit you are at everything else, if you've got the Force, you're in charge!
    Palpatine became Emperor with only a select few ever being aware he was even sith, which mostly consisted of a handful of enemies who went off the grid and Darth Vader.

Hence why it raises the question of how and why Snoke was in charge and why leadership passes to Kylo Ren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why it raises the question of how and why Snoke was in charge and why leadership passes to Kylo Ren.
    It didn't PASS to Kylo. Kylo TOOK it. He killed Snoke, killed all his guard and then said "Fuck y'all I'M in charge now". Don't forget, he also has "The Knights of Ren" to back up his claims. On screen he's a punk bitch, but there's clearly more to him than we've seen thus far.

It didn't PASS to Kylo. Kylo TOOK it. He killed Snoke, killed all his guard and then said "Fuck y'all I'M in charge now".
    I was comparing Snoke to Palpatine. Responding to only the last five words of my post makes it look like you're going out of your way to miss the point.
    Don't forget, he also has "The Knights of Ren" to back up his claims. On screen he's a punk bitch, but there's clearly more to him than we've seen thus far.
    There were no Knights of Ren for two whole films. There was nothing stopping Hux from telling the pilots of the walkers to open fire on Kylo Ren while he was dueling a ghost on the salt plain in front of them. And if the Knights of Ren came back from wherever the hell they've been and demanded answers all he has to do is say that Kylo Ren killed the supreme leader Snoke and he avenged him. Hux would be recognized by the First Order as a better leader seeing as how he is no prone to temper tantrums and seems to actually care about loyalty. If the Knights of Ren then turned on Hux I'd say the First Order has a very solid basis to become anti-force user from that point on seeing as how they care more about seizing power than any kind of loyalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much as what he did as what his presence brings into question, and then absolutely none of those questions get answered.

We don't know who he is, where he comes from, what race he is, why he looks the way he does, where he was during the previous movies, why he leads the First Order, where he got the resources to make the First Order what it is, why he frightened Luke so much, why the Galactic Republic doesn't seem to care about his actions despite his faction blowing up multiple planets in the first movie and apparently having spent decades abducting children to brainwash into stormtroopers to such a scale that they can man a station so large and have plenty left over once it's destroyed, etc.

And now that Kylo Ren is in charge what does that say about the First Order? Was Snoke of so little consequence that in his absence they'll follow the guy who flies into a tantrum with little provocation just because he has super powers? If so then why did they follow Snoke in the first place? At the very least I think the First Order itself should descend into infighting and there should be attempts on Kylo's life left and right. I mean, remember in A New Hope when there was an Empire officer that mocked the force right to Darth Vader's face? That was Darth Vader, a disciplined warrior that had been leading the Empire's finest for decades. I doubt the First Order has the same respect for Kylo Ren, though they probably fear him enough (due to his short fuse) not to do it to his face.
    Snoke is at the least the second generation of First Order leadership.

The First Order itself the result of exploration expeditions Sidious sent to the Outer Rim and a contingency plan that he had in place. The initial group of Imperials who would found the First Order were told to essentially destroy all remnants of the Empire should Sidious die. A bunch of stuff happened that I'm not going to go into it. They took jumped to the Outer Rim where the Empires greatest R&D projects, the most hardened of diehards, and data/resources preallocated towards the plan. The rest they got by being allowed to play warlord for 20-30 years while sending plants to the Republic who said the First Order wasn't a real threat.

why the Galactic Republic doesn't seem to care about his actions despite his faction blowing up multiple planets in the first movie
    Who says the Republic doesn't care. Well those that are left. The Republic didn't have a very large fleet. Most of what they did was probably close to the capital system, which the First Order blew up along with all Republic leadership. The Republic is essentially in chaos with no means of going to war, well not at the time of TLJ.

And now that Kylo Ren is in charge what does that say about the First Order? Was Snoke of so little consequence that in his absence they'll follow the guy who flies into a tantrum with little provocation just because he has super powers? If so then why did they follow Snoke in the first place? At the very least I think the First Order itself should descend into infighting and there should be attempts on Kylo's life left and righ
    Um, we're not aware of the consequences of Snoke's death, not enough time has passed. Snoke died as the Supremacy was being attacked. The First Order immediately launched a counter-attack against the Resistance after that with Kylo and Hux playing their role as senior officers. We don't know how the rest of the FO will react to Snokes death. We really can't assume that Kylo will be the leader in IX.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Snoke is at the least the second generation of First Order leadership.

The First Order itself the result of exploration expeditions Sidious sent to the Outer Rim and a contingency plan that he had in place. The initial group of Imperials who would found the First Order were told to essentially destroy all remnants of the Empire should Sidious die. A bunch of stuff happened that I'm not going to go into it. They took jumped to the Outer Rim where the Empires greatest R&D projects, the most hardened of diehards, and data/resources preallocated towards the plan. The rest they got by being allowed to play warlord for 20-30 years while sending plants to the Republic who said the First Order wasn't a real threat.
    I'm guessing this is from a comic, book, cartoon or something? Because absolutely none of this is touched on in the movies.
    Who says the Republic doesn't care. Well those that are left. The Republic didn't have a very large fleet. Most of what they did was probably close to the capital system, which the First Order blew up along with all Republic leadership. The Republic is essentially in chaos with no means of going to war, well not at the time of TLJ.
    Why doesn't the Republic have a large fleet? It has been decades since the Empire was defeated. Did they think peace had been restored to the entire galaxy and there would never be another threat? And the Republic is made up of multiple systems, so there should be fleetS of ships at their disposal. I mean, hell, one of the few things we get out of the Canto Bight plot derailment is that the rich and powerful are selling weapons to both sides. Who was doing the buying for the Resistance?

Also, you kind of ignored the larger point of the First Order having been abducting children to such a large scale that they have enough to man Starkiller Base and then plenty left over to continue operating their massive fleet after that gets destroyed. That can't be brushed aside with the Outer Rim being the source, as the Outer Rim is supposed to be sparsely populated.
    Um, we're not aware of the consequences of Snoke's death, not enough time has passed. Snoke died as the Supremacy was being attacked. The First Order immediately launched a counter-attack against the Resistance after that with Kylo and Hux playing their role as senior officers. We don't know how the rest of the FO will react to Snokes death. We really can't assume that Kylo will be the leader in IX.
    Hence why I'm asking questions about what is going to happen and what the things that have happened might mean, all meant to imply how poorly I think this whole ordeal has been written.