Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Even knowing humanity is so evil, do you let it affect your daily life?

I will admit I hate humanity so much it feeds into self-loathing and an air around me that leads people to assume I am a ghost because I avoid eye contact so much and seem to exude a chilling feeling of hatred. I trust no one either. And none of this is necessarily a good thing because it affects looking for proper employment on my end but I just can't help but truly believe I have seen and know the worst of humanity and my misanthropy is justified.

I'm wondering if there are people like me and how it affects their lives by comparison.

Sylvanas, is that you?

Nah, I'm no edgelord.

Humanity is not evil, so no. I don't let it bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

No, why would I? Just because someone somewhere in the world is an evil prick doesn't mean I should hate every fiber of my being.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    To paraphrase the guy who responded to another of these things.

"You don't hate humanity, you're just an teen edgelord who has never had any hardship or struggle in his life, and has watched too many movies."
    You suck at paraphrasing.
    Your obsession is cute, tho.

Humanity is not evil.

You never saw anything remotely close to true evil, stop pretending.

As long as they put evil people to death im good.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly?
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I will admit I hate humanity so much it feeds into self-loathing and an air around me that leads people to assume I am a ghost because I avoid eye contact so much and seem to exude a chilling feeling of hatred. I trust no one either. And none of this is necessarily a good thing because it affects looking for proper employment on my end but I just can't help but truly believe I have seen and know the worst of humanity and my misanthropy is justified.

I'm wondering if there are people like me and how it affects their lives by comparison.
    Yes there are, they are locked up in psych wards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post

Sounds like a huge waste of time and energy to base your life around what other people are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does, but I try to find happiness when and where I can.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You might want to consider seeking professional help.

I'm probably one of the few folks you will get to agree. My solution was the recognition that the evils I saw were only evil when society deems them to be. There is no good or evil until one subjects the action to them. Many will disagree with this, they will say you are immoral or crazy. Maybe they are right, from their point of view. Don't let it get you down though. Morality has and always will shift based on social whims.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Do you hate all humankind or just the evil rich ones that are living in the West and exploiting poor people everywhere? I hate the latter group too. Don't let anyone put you down for your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Humanity is not evil. Individuals can be evil.

Seek professional help if you feel so much self-loathing.
    There is a whole line of thinking that Society is inherently evil and individuals are inherently good...

but how do you suppose society could be evil if everyone in it isn't?

Humanity is a plague festering on this earth like a cancer. Take the lead, join a cult and commit their stereotypical mass suicides. That'll show em!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Do you hate all humankind or just the evil rich ones that are living in the West and exploiting poor people everywhere? I hate the latter group too. Don't let anyone put you down for your feelings.
    aka all of 'murica.

I see someone watched the Sylvanas cinematic and decided to start a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    To paraphrase the guy who responded to another of these things.

"You don't hate humanity, you're just an teen edgelord who has never had any hardship or struggle in his life, and has watched too many movies."
    ^

OT: humanity is complex, overall we are benevolent and cooperative but there are individual people that do selfish/exploitative/harmful things. This is why it is important that we elect representatives whose interests align with the majority of their constituents instead of the needs of a few.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Sylvanas, is that you?
    Yes, it is. She clearly has set her eyes on Stormwind now. Next topic: Dwarfinity is evil.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!