Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BFA easily. I enjoyed WoD fine and the raids were fantastic. BFA gameplay is awful and gearing and classes are terrible. WoD was at least fun to play with the little content we did have.

10+ Year Old Account
    My waistline and gut have had a pretty bad expansion.

OT: BFA, I never played legion or WoD so if these were made during those xpacs then my apologies but this was my first introduction to the new systems.

I despise Mythic + dungeons. They may have been better in the past, but I hated the trash and arbitrary time limit. I'm already stressing over raids, I dont really enjoy that in my dungeons.

Uldir was fine I guess, but whatever happened to the large raids? Also having now FOUR raid difficulties is insane. Normal mode was a joke, heroic mode was slightly challenging, but by this time I've already gone thru the raid twice over, and the idea of gating the best gear behind two, potentially 3 difficulties for a single raid is mind numbing.

The professions were completely pointless. I ended up out gearing tailoring by the time I got it to max lvl. Enchanting thankfully was still useful and profitable, mostly cause of the massive weapon turnaround.

This whole flying lockout thing is also pretty whack but I sort of get it. I do wish it was like a 200% mount speed increase for pathfinding part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    it's not nearly as bad as the story of WoD which went from Iron Horde to SUDDENLY LEGION LAWL.
    I'm not defending WoD but the story set that up in the first cinematic of the expansion. It was hardly out of nowhere.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Uldir was fine I guess, but whatever happened to the large raids? Also having now FOUR raid difficulties is insane. Normal mode was a joke, heroic mode was slightly challenging, but by this time I've already gone thru the raid twice over, and the idea of gating the best gear behind two, potentially 3 difficulties for a single raid is mind numbing.
    That's exactly how I felt when I came back to Legion from pre 5.4 MoP.

When I originally left the game it wasn't because of the game itself.

Cata and MoP up to 5.3 there was just 10 and 25 man raiding, normal and heroic, all on 1 shared lockout. LFR did exist but that still only meant 2 raids, not 4.

I did play legion for a while , hoping BfA would change, but it didn't (much).

Classic and TBC had grind shit fests. Attunements are literally just a different form of time gating and were everywhere in Classic and TBC but people claim that that gating was fun for some reason. Sylvanas' arc is bad sure but it's not nearly as bad as the story of WoD which went from Iron Horde to SUDDENLY LEGION LAWL. I can't really argue the class design though it's not as bad as people claim.

Also, as I said, your phrasing made it sound like every time a raid came out it was cleared on day one. The launch raids were meant to be easy to introduce people to the start of the expansion. TBC launch raids were easy as hell too.
    No TBC launch raids were not easy either AGAIN you prove you dont know what youre talking about https://www.method.gg/raid-history/the-burning-crusade

Classic and TBC attunements/grinds where not timegating in the same sense as you are the only factor in how long it takes. Learn your shit and stop disagreeing because you think you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I suggest you read the link you keep posting because it quite literally states pretty much exactly what i said.
    "The re-dux had literally no changes to it and was quite a poor launch to raiding in the expansion. This time around Kel'thuzad lived all of three days (or zero since they entered the raid)."

Eurhetemec
    I could mention the fact that i am not allowed to post links on a freshly made mmo champ account likewise i cannot even use the mention feature but honestly your entire post just deserves a special

K
    I suggest you know what you are reading when you are trying to spread disinformation (its for the hardmodes).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    TBC launch raids were easy as hell too.
    Kara was easy (Malchezaar and Nightbane were quite harder however), High King was fairly easy, Gruul not so much, even tier 5 Void Reaver was fairly simple.

But Magtheridon, Hydross and the rest of tier 5 were definately step ups, and yes tier 5 was a launch-raid.

Especially Magtheridon was the highest tuned Tier 4 boss.

Like another person already linked, look at the world first kill dates between like Void Reaver 11.03.2007 and Solarian 24.04.2007.

I know our guild was one of the early ones to kill Solarian, but most of the progress sites are dead, and wow-progress data for 2007 is useless.

And I was in a US top 25-ish guild for early Tier 4+5.

Before 2.1 you could stack multiple potions/elixirs/flasks/Flame Cap still, and we used those a lot to brute-force Hydross early on
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-06-04 at 08:25 PM.

Cata healing changes were horrible: changing dispel types and homogenizing healing left me feeling as if my class had no real identity. No expansion before or after has hurt quite as bad. Also, the story was disappointing; I was hoping for something big with Deathwing, but he seemed as uninvolved in actually accomplishing his objectives as Illidan did back in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    I suggest you know what you are reading when you are trying to spread disinformation (its for the hardmodes).
    Are you really this dense or is this some pathetic attempt at trolling? You keep telling people they don't know what they are talking about and shoving a link in their face that literally says exactly what they are telling you.

• Naxxramas didn't have hard modes.
    • Your own link states it was 25 man normal.

i have to give a 2 fold response,2 expansions for different reasons

wotlk because it was the most kiddie casual friendly thing in wow ever even at the very top of endgame,had the easiest dungeons,had the most insane catchup badge gear,had basicaly nothing to do outside raiding and pvp

and second is wod not because what we got was bad,some of the things in wod were great,but it was just extremly lacking in content

5+ Year Old Account
    Cata was the worst time for me mostly because I was still bitter Blizzard took away Blood DPS DK. Such a sad day.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    penderia base theme, sucky panda no good, dont try bfa yet. love every else.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Cata was the worst time for me mostly because I was still bitter Blizzard took away Blood DPS DK. Such a sad day.
    Cata sucked big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I'm not defending WoD but the story set that up in the first cinematic of the expansion. It was hardly out of nowhere.
    THe cinematic itself was pretty much out of nowhere. The whole point of the story was "what if orc didnt drink fel?" Then they go and do just that one patch in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    Are you really this dense or is this some pathetic attempt at trolling? You keep telling people they don't know what they are talking about and shoving a link in their face that literally says exactly what they are telling you.

• Naxxramas didn't have hard modes.
    • Your own link states it was 25 man normal.
    Not even going to dignify that with a response

In my opinion, for each player the best expansion will be something from which he started playing this game, for me the best and most wonderful expansion is WOLK.
    I still remember my first days of immersion in this wonderful World of Warcraft I also want to note the Legion expansion...Of course this addition has undergone a lot of changes since the time of Lich King, greater emphasis on grinding and such not the most pleasant things, that is why even some of my friends had to access services like this
    I’m not a supporter of such services, but most people simply don’t have that much free time to grind artifact, neck e.t.c. Hope Blizzard will do something to solve it in the next expansions.

1) WoD for almost any imaginable reason
    2) BfA, and it makes it worse that WoD failure is so recent, so this time one can easier say "I 've had it" and unsub.
    3) Cataclysm, not for the content, but for the changes in the old world, that destroyed our memories and that they persist pointlessly to this day. The water being sucked by the earth in Darkshore should by now be so much, that Azeroth should have explode!
    4) 2nd part of Wrath that was responsible for the "generation X" of this game, the ones that destroyed the attempt to "go back to what wow is" at the beginning of Cataclysm and learned the community that "if you whine enough" Blizzard will cater to your "needs".

BFA, by far. WoD actually had a lot of potential but was ruined by the Garrison. The entire world was criminally under-used, that was WoD's biggest failure.. but I never took a break in WoD, in BFA im approaching my second (waiting on 8.2).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying it was good for the game, just that it was good for me. I saved a couple hundred bucks thanks to it, after all.
    Yeah I'm just giving it as a good example of how what players like about expansions can often be something that is definitely going to be disastrous if continued (this includes stuff like hard-linear raiding).

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    And someone was posting about MOP being good? Yeah... no.

Anyways, BFA is looking better then it did when this was posted.