Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    If you're Horde, how does your character reconcile the Burning of Teldrassil and the Invasion of Northern Kalimdor?
    Extermination of the undead
    If you're Alliance, how does your character react to it?
    Extermination of the undead.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    My undead warlock wishes Sylvanas would just go ahead and mount an all out offensive on Stormwind, with carpet plague-bombing its streets from Zeppelins.
    Yeah, my Undead Warlock is the only one who wouldn't have an issue with it (maybe also my Goblin Rogue, though he'd be a little sad about how the money they could have made from capturing it instead). Everyone else is pretty pissed (especially my Taurens and BEs)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're Horde, how does your character reconcile the Burning of Teldrassil and the Invasion of Northern Kalimdor?
    Shocked and saddened that such an unnecessary loss of life had to happen, and have started to draw comparisons to the last leader who had to be disposed of, while hoping beyond hope that it doesn't have to go that far again.

Saddened by the events, and producing as much charity as they can to support the Nightelf and Gilneas refugees. The act itself is just seen as more proof that Horde will always go to far, and can no longer be trusted to lead themselves, without someone noble like Thrall or Baine leading them.

Sad and angry - honored by her fellow priestesses sacrifice at staying behind (not gonna lie I actually teared up IRL during the event). Reinforced my hatred for Sylvanas and the Horde.

Did not play the prepatch on Horde at all. Watched a playthrough of it on WoWhead and read up on things. It would have just been masochistic to play it myself.

Played the entire BFA 8.0 content on Horde, though. I have to say that the "faction"-part just made me cringe and shut off my perception completely. Except for Nathanos + Sylvanas NONE of he Horde characters behave anywhere near in-character. Lillian, Rexxar, all of the Nightborne....complete shitfests of contradiction and braindead faction-forced-shit. It was absolutely NOT fun to listen to any of it. I actually had to install an Addon to disable VO on Horde, just to stand any of them.

The non-faction Horde story of 8.0 (=all of zandalar) was actually really good. Better than Alliance, imho. I just don't think there was ANY reason to not have those quests playable for Alliance as well...but that's just the smell of this expansion, i guess.

To exactly answer the OP question:
    As far as in-character/RP is concerned, my Charaters did not take part in any of this and have been MIA for the last 6 months. Will stay that way until the Horde story retunrs to reason later in the expansion.
    I've been playing on a RP server for 14 years now...if my main was Horde....well...i don't know...maybe skip the expansion, maybe switch factions, maybe just say fuck it and close my eyes and keep playing. Even IF i was playing a character who was a genocidal asshole who is fine with any of this...i would be just as fucked when the story inevitably turns around later on...so this does not help, either.

It's just a shitty situation.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-09-27 at 05:13 AM.

As an alliance char the thing that bothers me the most is the giant invisible wall north of darkshore.
    WHY CANT I FUCKING FLY THERE AND DANCE WITH THE FLAMES?!?!

As a Horde Orc Hunter my toon couldnt be more happier

To finally see the Nelf menace that has plagued Kalimdor gone feels good man.

Deleted
    Kill all Horde, only blood can pay for blood. As long as Orcs and Undead are allowed to roam free then all other species face the risk of genocide at their hand. A small number of Trolls, Goblins and Tauren can be allowed to live under Alliance supervision.
    Blood elves and Nightbourne already deserved to be stomped into the dust. Silvermoon will return to the hands of the Alliance and the Quel'dorei.
    Last edited by mmoc90efbc5b1c; 2018-09-27 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My undead main stiched 2 more hands on herself so she can flip two more birds at dying night elves.

My druid was "Hah, funny". Tauren are pretty stoic people.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Lorewise of course absolutely devastated, clinging on to Saurfang's words to "live another day" amidst the horrors left and right.

I'm still new to this whole roleplaying thing though, so I haven't exactly been consistent.

Well as a blood elf Warlock, first I think about how it affects me in my quest for power (It doesn't)
    Then as a male blood elf, I see if the destruction messed my perfect coif (It didn't)

Since I am perfectly fine, it is time for my daily routine of torturing a gnome with the aide of my trusty minion Pizham.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

My Alliance characters plant Darnassus banners in Horde corpses.

My Tauren druid defected and spends his time fighting for the Cenarion Circle.

My Darkspear Shadow Hunter stayed to keep an eye on Sylvanas, while hoping for better times on Zandalar.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

"Huh, now that tree has been burning for quite a while, oh well"

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I made sure my Druid put on a badass Darnassian-themed Transmog when going into the Battle for Undercity. Had him don the "Of Darnassus" title and place down the Darnassus battle-standard. Made sure he wore that getup through most of the questing experience for BfA too! He'll probably put it back on when the Darkshore Warfront releases next patch.

Not much of a roleplayer (in MMOs at least), but I like to imagine my character would be on the bloody war-path of vengeance for Teldrassil!
    enough being a peaceful Mr. Nice-Druid, it's time to drink Orcish blood.
    Yep

/10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Well my demon Hunter never officially joined the horde so...

I'm sure every other non-undead character would see it as a warcrime with no tactical advantage.

It's a razor's edge and a slippery slope, if Sylvannas can defeat the alliance then it really won't matter in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you take a portal to Darnassus you get ported to the edge of Darkshore overlooking the burning husk of a giant tree, and seeing it for the first time like that is a little depressing

most of my horde characters sat through warsong skirmishes and night elven raids into the barrens. The thought that the force behind the sentinels and the raids is basically removed from the region means more peaceful nights overall.

My human and dwarf characters don't really care much for a far away land they didn't really appreciate but are eager to get back into the old way of things. Only night elf I have sacrificed everything already and cares more about their next assignment than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Disgusted by the waste of resources.

Sylvanas isn’t fit to lead.

My blood elf mage joined the horde when it was a group of outcasts and we had an honorable leader. The successor turned out to be a villian and since then the whole world has been fighting external threats. When finally it looked like peace might arrive our own warchief did the unthinkable and slaughtered alliance innocents. What else can be done? There is no sanctuary in an alliance town. War has broken out and now she has to fight her former allies simply to live.

My nelf warrior got pulled out of WSG by a quest to talk to the human king, who had him go chase the Feralas/Silithus red herring, leaving Ashenvale vulnerable. What would've happened otherwise is an open question. It's possible that those who were sent south with the fleet could have been more successful in repelling the invasion had they stayed, but it's also possible that they would've died in that battle, so there's a bitter irony that my warrior's misguided redeployment may have saved his life at the cost of everything he's been so long in fighting for.

I think he's somewhat disillusioned with the Alliance/Nelf leadership, sometimes cynical of the humans' commitment to the welfare of other Alliance races, and for the first time unsure of the value of the Alliance itself. I think he spent some time recovering and then wandering, now returning stronger to Warsong Gulch to rejoin the fight for the big forests, which I think is the only thing he really cares about other than his own freedom. At the core is a detachment or aloofness with respect to the traditional Kaldorei high-society that may be widening, but is tempered by a even more central devotion to forest itself.

Rp-wise, my character is mostly focused on the WSG conflict, and after all these years I'm still trying to figure out how to make the whole CtF thing make sense in RP terms.

Probably a good thing, the night elves seems weak anyway so thus should probably be exterminated.