Hunter's aoe is uninspiring

MM Hunters aoe = Multishot > Aimed shot or rapid fire
    BM Hunters aoe = Multishot and keep up beast cleave.
    Survival Hunters aoe = Carve and Wildbomb.

Other stuff is from talents

I would like to see some changes to this, its very boring and dull to do.
    I can see a small fix in this by giving MM Hunters Barrage baseline, BM Hunter Stampede and Survival Hunters Butchery.
    So we can at least have a aoe cd
    Last edited by Tyze; 2018-07-21 at 10:59 AM.

OR they simply don't want hunters to have aoe CDs. If they wanted us to have one, we'd have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post

I can see a small fix in this by giving MM Hunters Barrage baseline, BM Hunter Stampede and Survival Hunters Butchery.
    Hunters have always been a very good single target dps with very few aoe abilities(except legion)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post

If you face AOE situations you'll often want to opt for the additional AOE talents..

Deleted
    well SV aoe is very lackluster without butchery, like VERY VERY lackluster

keep in mind you can always pick barrage

The only thing I hate about MM aoe is the 3 target requirement. It makes things so clunky if you are attacking a group and the 3rd target happens to be a smidge too far for it to activate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    The only thing I hate about MM aoe is the 3 target requirement. It makes things so clunky if you are attacking a group and the 3rd target happens to be a smidge too far for it to activate.
    This is my main concern aswell.

Imo they should drop trick shots all together for mm. Add serpent spread to multishot( adds serpent sting to every target hit by multishot). Adjust numbers to make it viable. That way we could continue our normal single target rotation during aoe so we aren't just spamming multishot and we could still do something worthwhile with 2 targets or targets that move in and out of range.
    Last edited by sololux; 2018-08-09 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Imo they should drop trick shots all together for mm. Add serpent spread to multishot( adds serpent sting to every target hit by multishot). Adjust numbers to make it viable. That way we could continue our normal single target rotation during aoe so we aren't just spamming multishot and we could still do something worthwhile with 2 targets or targets that move in and out of range.
    agreed, trick shot feels very clunky.

with SV i really don't like that the Wildfire Infusion no longer resets to shrapnel.
    before, you would have it up for most packs at the start, use carve/butchery and have bloodseeker stacks and sharpnel dot running immediately.
    now you can end up with pheromone or volatile bomb at start that are wasted unless you dump focus or spread Serpent sting first.

I think hunter aoe is fine. Tested PvP aoe? You can always reroll.
    Danwo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    YES. This is the most infuriating thing.. Why can't multi shot just activate trick shots when pressed like it does in Legion? I don't see the huge problem with hitting 2 targets with AiS, when we can hit 3-6 anyway?

Just seems clunky and pointless to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recognized how much I missed "bombing" when I played the Lordaeron sceanrio with my Unholy DK. I had so much fun! Hunter on the other hand is totally boring.

For MM I would just remove trick shots. It has been nerfed so many times that it's totally unrewarding right now, especially with the long casttime of aimed shot. Loved it in the beta before all nerfs though. I would add the (already mentioned) serpent sting spread. Additionally I would increase the focus costs of multishot and increase its damage significantly or add the good old explosive trap on top.

BM is fine regarding the numbers imo. However stomp + beastcleave is just dull, especially if you compare it with its damage potential. I like the idea with the stampede baseline, however I would like to have a smaller CD (and would be fine with less damage).

SV has good potential imo, however the talent rows are totally frustrating imo. Not pushing kill command and grenades via talents just feels wrong. However I really like the vipers venom + hydra's byte combo and I also love butchery. Carve feels totally weak and I just press it because it hits multiple targets. As boring as the weak multishots we got right now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskii View Post
    YES. This is the most infuriating thing.. Why can't multi shot just activate trick shots when pressed like it does in Legion? I don't see the huge problem with hitting 2 targets with AiS, when we can hit 3-6 anyway?

Just seems clunky and pointless to me
    This is my only complaint with the current state of marks but it's actually probably the worst mechanic I've ever seen on the class. There's a lot of times when mobs aren't grouped tight that you can't even activate it. Even then, a cast time on top of it means that there's a good chance the target dies before you even get to do anything.

Its as if Hunter has AoE talents pending on the situation.

Its as if we know we're going to face a large number of adds we'll spec into the existing talents!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese View Post
    This is my only complaint with the current state of marks but it's actually probably the worst mechanic I've ever seen on the class. There's a lot of times when mobs aren't grouped tight that you can't even activate it. Even then, a cast time on top of it means that there's a good chance the target dies before you even get to do anything.
    Yup, it sucks. I just don't know why they felt it necessary to do this at all

7+ Year Old Account
    The MM Trick shot mechanic itself is fine. The only concern is how the implementation is 1. only triggered by three or more adds and 2. how adds won't always be stacked since in some mechanics you want them to be apart. Classes with two-headed cleave like Frost mage with Glacial Spike and Destro Warlocks will clearly dominate these types of fights, while MM Hunters need to resort to single target mostly in an aoe fight. I do miss WoD's Chimaera Shot shot now.
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2018-08-12 at 02:14 AM.