Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Did Pathfinder actually deconfirm flying islands? Because that's where I though they were going with the Dragon Isles to make them unique.
    I suppose it's still possible for an endgame zone, but unless they changed their minds on pathfinder, it would be a very disjointed experience for a continent.
    Either you would be forced to take flight paths or teleports to move between areas... Or flying ships if ship travel ever became a thing again (which would be pretty cool tbh)

7+ Year Old Account
    If they ever do the dragon isles.

They better not forget about:

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I suppose it's still possible for an endgame zone, but unless they changed their minds on pathfinder, it would be a very disjointed experience for a continent.
    Either you would be forced to take flight paths or teleports to move between areas... Or flying ships if ship travel ever became a thing again (which would be pretty cool tbh)
    I think they'd use the Argus method of transportation, yeah. That or like Outland there would be small sections where you cross over.

Flying Islands is a way to distance from Broken Isles and then another expansion full of Islands. Don't want "Island Fatigue" after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If they ever do the dragon isles.

They better not forget about:
    I think they used this art for the Shrine of the Storm in Stormsong valley, especially with the shoreline being in almost the exact place it is in in Stormsong.
    Although they could just make all N'zoth temples look like this or at least somewhat like that and then they'd have one on the Dragon Isles too.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    You know what, now I want a whole expansion taking place in a flying "continent" made up of completely separate floating islands. Pathfinder says RIP to my dream, but think of the visuals!
    Yes, i too want to go to Skypiea. ������

One theory that has came across my mind a bunch of time is the fact that yes Nzoth will win. But not only him in the long run all old gods will once again fight each other over power. This leads in to the next xpac that does not start of on azeroth but on K'aresh were we ally with the ethearals on the remains of their home world and learn more about the void lords. Later we'll come back to azeroth but it will no longer be how we once knew it was. It will be infested by the old gods.

How they make the black empire 2.0 as content is up to debate.

Now what is going to be the final boss well the final boss is going to be azeroth it self as it wakes up corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    One theory that has came across my mind a bunch of time is the fact that yes Nzoth will win. But not only him in the long run all old gods will once again fight each other over power. This leads in to the next xpac that does not start of on azeroth but on K'aresh were we ally with the ethearals on the remains of their home world and learn more about the void lords. Later we'll come back to azeroth but it will no longer be how we once knew it was. It will be infested by the old gods.

Now what is going to be the final boss well the final boss is going to be azeroth it self as it wakes up corrupted.
    I dream of us losing Azeroth to the Old Gods. That, or a time-skip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post

My long-held theory has been somewhat similar, N'Zoth and/or the Old Gods win...even if we kill N'Zoth, his death is all part of the plan. This plan corrupts or kills Azeroth, leading to the "End Time" that Murozond has seen and refuses to let happen.

In this idea, we'd be going back in 9.0 to the time of the Black Empire to defeat the true Old Gods before they can set up shop to corrupt Azeroth. This puts us at odds with the Bronze Dragonflight, who believe that Azeroth's corruption was always part of the plan. Which BTW would then be why that handwriting during the Death of Chromie scenario looks familiar.

Not sure they'd go with it (mentioning a time travel expansion at Blizzcon might not go so well), but it's sort of an idea I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    My long-held theory has been somewhat similar, N'Zoth and/or the Old Gods win...even if we kill N'Zoth, his death is all part of the plan. This plan corrupts or kills Azeroth, leading to the "End Time" that Murozond has seen and refuses to let happen.

In this idea, we'd be going back in 9.0 to the time of the Black Empire to defeat the true Old Gods before they can set up shop to corrupt Azeroth. This puts us at odds with the Bronze Dragonflight, who believe that Azeroth's corruption was always part of the plan. Which BTW would then be why that handwriting during the Death of Chromie scenario looks familiar.

Not sure they'd go with it (mentioning a time travel expansion at Blizzcon might not go so well), but it's sort of an idea I'm hoping for.
    I never understood the thought process behind the "We lose and start somewhere else" storylines. How would this work from a mechanics standpoint. Would all methods of travelling back be done via bronze dragon, or would it be done via portal and suspension of disbelief.
    I do think that us losing is an integral part of storytelling that is often neglected in expansion storylines. But usually it happens with something like Broken shore. Or Teldrassil. I really cannot see a scenario in which we actually have a story hook that has us losing badly unless said loss has no real in-game repercussions. (Like azeroth being destroyed, or entire Eastern kingdoms being takeb by scourge)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I dream of us losing Azeroth to the Old Gods. That, or a time-skip.
    The obession with losing on this forum is just weird. We've lost a lot, no need for more depressing things.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The obession with losing on this forum is just weird. We've lost a lot, no need for more depressing things.
    What can I say? I'm tired of us unrealistically winning all the time. And I think that from a narrative point of view, losing big time would be beneficial. Hell, it would make winning after that even more significant!

All good stories have parts where the heroes are losing. It's what keeps us alert and interested. Discover X in order to kill Big Boss Y gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    What can I say? I'm tired of us unrealistically winning all the time. And I think that from a narrative point of view, losing big time would be beneficial. Hell, it would make winning after that even more significant!

All good stories have parts where the heroes are losing. It's what keeps us alert and interested. Discover X in order to kill Big Boss Y gets old.
    We lost like twice in the past few years, Broken Shore, Azeroth getting stabbed(Yeah Sargy is imprisoned but we still suffered so please). Oh and Teldrassil burning(Hurts the Alliance mostly and not Horde but still). We don't need a loss, we just need to stop tearing each other apart over "THEY RED" "THEY BLUE"

As others pointed out, ending an expansion with a defeat well it isn't going to feel good for any of us, sure it leaves an impact but if N'zoth croaked in the end of BFA or x8 it would have an impact to. We could use some more hopeful moments(Sylvanas disliked this post).

Despite my Jango Fett helm I'm not raging even if it looks like it -.-
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-04-12 at 08:14 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We lost like twice in the past few years, Broken Shore, Azeroth getting stabbed(Yeah Sargy is imprisoned but we still suffered so please). Oh and Teldrassil burning(Hurts the Alliance mostly and not Horde but still). We don't need a loss, we just need to stop tearing each other apart over "THEY RED" "THEY BLUE"

As others pointed out, ending an expansion with a defeat well it isn't going to feel good for any of us, sure it leaves an impact but if N'zoth croaked in the end of BFA or x8 it would have an impact to. We could use some more hopeful moments(Sylvanas disliked this post).
    The Broken Shore was the beginning of the expansion though, not the end. And us losing there was REFRESHING. And coherent with the story! I don't know about you, but I loved it.

Azeroth getting stabbed? Loved it, and I love how we are really struggling to maintaining her alive.

As for Teldrassil, it ain't the same. This happened because of the silly, unjustified war between the Horde and the Alliance, and because writers went all "fuck it, let's torch up the tree". It was a powerful moment, but it didn't happen because of one of the big baddies. It happened because of Sylvanas, leader of the Horde. Don't get me wrong pal, I'm just as tired as you are about the "BLUE VS RED" thing, but what can bring the Alliance and the Horde together, if not the world dying? A dire defeat, with consequences. To shake them up, to make them realise they're fighting the wrong fight.

I believe things need to be balanced out. And if you measure it up, we've won more than we've lost. Deathwing? Oh yeah we went back in time to steal a trinket to shoot him down so we could chop him, calamari-style. Gul'dan? Crushed like the cockroach he is. Kil'Jaeden? Eliminated aboard his own ship. The Legion? We've kicked their *sses in their homeworld. Et cetera, et cetera...

I'm not saying the solution is to doom the world, and to never win anything. But a strong defeat is often good, if not essential to the story.

That's just my opinion! Feel free to disagree you folks, it's always interesting to discuss these things.

Despite my Jango Fett helm I'm not raging even if it looks like it -.-
    I know buddy, no worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 will be Nyalotha and us getting N'zoth ass kicked and I am pretty sure that Xalatath will serve as Gul'dan of BFA linking us to Void Lord expansion next, while Sylvanas will get Kerrigan treatment sealing N'zoth in the dagger, because if it worked with Xalatath who is all but confirmed to be Old God herself or at least close to that, then I am sure it will work with weakened N'zoth, which may have been Sylvanas endgame after all.

And yes I totally made this shit up right now, it's not some my friend working at Blizz bullshit thing. I just feel that this might be the actual direction.

I don't think Nzoth is the final boss, I think people are getting the "Gul'dan" of this expansion mixed up.

I am willing to put money down on Sylvanas letting Nzoth escape (maybe through the knife?) his prison, and we have to kick her ass as the last Warbringer. Then Nzoth gets out of his knife and fucks with Azeroth some more as our "loss" even though we got to beat the big bad (Sylvanas) who has been being built up as an enemy to both Alliance and Horde.

So we DO lose in that Nzoth is freed and escapes, but Sylvanas is put down so that we can go and focus on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Broken Shore was the beginning of the expansion though, not the end. And us losing there was REFRESHING. And coherent with the story! I don't know about you, but I loved it.

Azeroth getting stabbed? Loved it, and I love how we are really struggling to maintaining her alive.

As for Teldrassil, it ain't the same. This happened because of the silly, unjustified war between the Horde and the Alliance, and because writers went all "fuck it, let's torch up the tree". It was a powerful moment, but it didn't happen because of one of the big baddies.
    I think we had enough defeats for now. All things you have mentioned are serious and big setbacks to us one way or another, but if you overuse this it will just get stale and IMO it's on the verge of being that already.

Heck, events surrounding Battle of Dazar'alor by itself are ultimately self-inflicted defeat to both sides and ultimately Azeroth, even if Alliance edged it out here, but not by much.

It is about time we start actually winning.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Nzoth is the final boss, I think people are getting the "Gul'dan" of this expansion mixed up.

I am willing to put money down on Sylvanas letting Nzoth escape (maybe through the knife?) his prison, and we have to kick her ass as the last Warbringer. Then Nzoth gets out of his knife and fucks with Azeroth some more as our "loss" even though we got to beat the big bad (Sylvanas) who has been being built up as an enemy to both Alliance and Horde.

So we DO lose in that Nzoth is freed and escapes, but Sylvanas is put down so that we can go and focus on him.
    I am 100% sure that Xal'atath will be the link between expansions and maybe Sylvanas who will be canonized into antihero protector of Azeroth.

All in all N'zoth is just yet another old god who won't slip through the cracks, we will know where he is and we will go and do him in, where as Xal'atath is a carbon copy of Gul'dan really being a manipulative, slippery git that is capable enough to fuck shit up big time for us without having to grow eyeballs and tentacles all over the place to do so.

I mean, even logically, what are the next steps for Xal'atath? She got all she wanted from N'zoth already, next step is to go meet the daddy(ies) Void Lords - it's a perfect setup for expansion link.

As to Sylvanas bit, I am leaning towards her becoming said anti-hero that we will assist eventually based on the character and that bit tossed by Ion that there is no disagreement within Alliance yet. This is heavily implying that a serious rift will happen in future and it could be exactly that - the necessity of helping Sylvanas for the greater good not being uniformly welcome by entirety of the Alliance (i.e. Greymane and Tyrande).
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-04-12 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am 100% sure that Xal'atath will be the link between expansions. All in all N'zoth is just yet another old god who won't slip through the cracks, we will know where he is and we will go and do him in, where as Xal'atath is a carbon copy of Gul'dan really being a manipulative, slippery git that is capable enough to fuck shit up big time for us without having to grow eyeballs and tentacles all over the place to do so.
    If the twist in Azshara's raid is that Sylvanas refuses Nzoth and murders him, then I'm going with you that Xal is the expansion link and the next big bad.

But I 100% think Sylvanas is the last boss. Just, she probably will be another faction exclusive type boss.

We've lost (or at least didn't outright win) multiple times now, including the end of the last expansion and beginning of this one. I don't mind if it happens but I don't know why anyone thinks it'd be a new concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the twist in Azshara's raid is that Sylvanas refuses Nzoth and murders him, then I'm going with you that Xal is the expansion link and the next big bad.

But I 100% think Sylvanas is the last boss. Just, she probably will be another faction exclusive type boss.
    Pretty sure Sylvanas won't be a boss, I'm quite convinced she is being set up as Kerrigan 2.0 or Illidan 3.0 if you will. Her fate will be revealed in 8.3, because it was implied this way in writers Q&A, that when BFA ends we will understand everything and by Ion saying that she is not going to end up as Garrosh did and is more sophisticated and smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pretty sure Sylvanas won't be a boss, I'm quite convinced she is being set up as Kerrigan 2.0 or Illidan 3.0 if you will. Her fate will be revealed in 8.3, because it was implied this way in writers Q&A, that when BFA ends we will understand everything.
    If JAINA was a boss (and didn't die) I'm sure Sylvanas will be the exact same thing. You can even have her as a boss, who then doesn't die, and THEN does the Kerrigan or Illidan thing.

I've seen very few arguments against her being a boss after they showed with Jaina that they now can escape and ALSO not even be fought by their faction.