Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He chose to be there because he feels honor bound to help those that sheltered his people during Cataclysm.
    I meant the opposite, why he is in the boat that ends in Nazjatar instead of helping the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, who is there. Which major force is there that requires both Night Elf leaders to be there whereas the major force with the name Azshara, who is the Night Elves archnemesis for over 10.000 years, arises and threatens the entire world, gets totally neglected.
    You're assuming that we have the ability to inform them and then wait for them to arrive first. They might just not be able to get there in time to be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He chose to be there because he feels honor bound to help those that sheltered his people during Cataclysm.
    And what he did was the right thing. But someone needs to remind him that he also have a kingdom of his own to reclaim. At least Night Elves had the chance to fight for their home after one patch, Gilneas is completely forgotten for 9 years.

We don't know when the datamined lines are spoken, during the Nazjatar overworld questline or during the raid, whether Genn was on one of the ships that were trapped by Azshara, or whether he and/or other reinforcements arrived later.

We have almost no context.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The alliance is at war with the horde and was under the impression that the horde fleet was headed somewhere important... The war has multiple fronts. The night elves simply chose to be present at the front that is most relevant to themselves for obvious reasons. Why Genn is there, however, is a good question.
    We hear all the time that the Alliance is not helping the night elves with Teldrassil because they are fighting a bigger war, this is more important, this is the real way to get revenge for Teldrassil, bla bla bla. So, if we buy into it - and we have to, otherwise I will start saying that the lore is stupid in other ways - then since the Alliance decided that it is more important to follow the Horde than head to the Darkshore, this is exactly the same for the night elves - they should also follow the Horde, with the Alliance, that's more important than the Darkshore. That's it.

In reality, I have no big beef here and will not really pursue further. Lore is full of things that aren't logical. This is just one more such thing. Someone might feel fine inventing a half-baked justification, I don't need even that, I am fine without anything because I just accept that the lore is not very cohesive, it's just a big pile of colorful pieces that don't hold together very well.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Remember, the current culture is that stamping your feet and demanding things is the only way to get what you want.
    True, once one side started getting what they wanted from this behavior, the other side felt they had to do it too, or be ignored. A never ending cycle of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    We hear all the time that the Alliance is not helping the night elves with Teldrassil because they are fighting a bigger war, this is more important, this is the real way to get revenge for Teldrassil, bla bla bla. So, if we buy into it - and we have to, otherwise I will start saying that the lore is stupid in other ways - then since the Alliance decided that it is more important to follow the Horde than head to the Darkshore, this is exactly the same for the night elves - they should also follow the Horde, with the Alliance, that's more important than the Darkshore. That's it.

In reality, I have no big beef here and will not really pursue further. Lore is full of things that aren't logical. This is just one more such thing. Someone might feel fine inventing a half-baked justification, I don't need even that, I am fine without anything because I just accept that the lore is not very cohesive, it's just a big pile of colorful pieces that don't hold together very well.
    I mean, both can be true. Darkshore will neither win nor lose the war, but there is no point for the night elves to win the war if it costs them their entire land. Sure you could say that they will retake everything once the war is over, but it could be blighted beyond recovery by then.
    Then again, we could wonder where the fuck the wild gods are and open a gigantic can of worms about how idiotic faction wars are in comic book stories.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-04-18 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well I am long over Blizzard's atrocious story writing, if you can't deal with my dissent ignore it.
    writes another 20 posts complaining about said writing

Yeah I can tell you left it in the past gal. Get real.

Also, good idea. You'll never stop bitching about Mechagnomes and how Alliance got 'shafted' when it comes to AR either, best save myself the headache of seeing this thread littered with said garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    writes another 20 posts complaining about said writing

Yeah I can tell you left it in the past. Get real.

Also, good idea. You'll never stop bitching about Mechagnomes and how Alliance got 'shafted' when it comes to AR either, best save myself the headache of seeing this thread littered with said garbage.
    I'm also getting sick of MMOC already, I advise only coming when patches initially get datamined and then leaving until the next big one. This thread just goes to absolute shit otherwise.

^^ You both aint seen nothing yet. Really, if you are rolling eyes at the completely miniscule amounts of what you'd call "garbage" and are suggesting that the thread is "shit" because of it, you either haven't been in the pre-BFA thread or you have an awfully short memory. There were 50-page spans of nothing but - how do I say it... heated - discussions about allied races / damn Sylvanas fans, etc, etc, etc. I mean, do what you want, whatever, but this is an awfully thin skin. (And yeah, I just ignore posts I don't think of much. Including in this thread. But again, whatever.)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm also getting sick of MMOC already, I advise only coming when patches initially get datamined and then leaving until the next big one. This thread just goes to absolute shit otherwise.
    Dude, it's just Nyel, I think at this point even Nyel doesn't take Nyel seriously. ;D

Well for going back to a more calm discussion, I guess just let the Doomsayer dwell in their own world. We never saw a good result of delivering a discussion with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Well for going back to a more calm discussion, I guess just let the Doomsayer dwell in their own world. We never saw a good result of delivering a discussion with them.
    We can only hope, Eleccybub got banned already, let's just pray.

It's maybe just this kind of joy we have with the current game and speculating about it's future, they cant stand.

Anyway Fishing in Mechagon is kinda fun. I wonder what the use of Secret Googles and the secret Fishes are.

I like Mechagon a lot but it clearly not bigger than Timeless Isle. And only one rare having a good drop (a bird drops a cogwheel mount) is a bummer.

Still going to 100% it.

I will say just one more thing about the "doomsayers".

You know what's most interesting about them? It's the existence of a cycle. In the thread for an expansion X, person A is a "doomsayer" and persons B, C, D, E, F are calling him that and talking between themselves about how non-doomsaying and honorary they are. Then expansion X+1 comes, and person B converts to be a "doomsayer", too. They are ducking it out together with A vs persons C, D, E, F and newcomers G and H. Some of C, D, E, F are fighting the supposed "doomsaying" less readily, too. Maybe D just quits. Then expansion X+2 comes, and C joins A and B and also starts talking a little more critical than before. After some time, he also becomes a "doomsayer". A, B and C fight E, F, G, H, I, J. And so it goes.

The message: you are also going to be a doomsayer. The only way you can escape it is if you get so disinterested / dissatisfied with the game that you just drop it.

Take it from a certified doomsayer.

From the feeling I find it bigger, but the fast speed travelling over the Island is also refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say just one more thing about the "doomsayers".

You know what's most interesting about them? It's the existence of a cycle. In the thread for an expansion X, person A is a "doomsayer" and persons B, C, D, E, F are calling him that and talking between themselves about how non-doomsaying and honorary they are. Then expansion X+1 comes, and person B converts to be a "doomsayer", too. They are ducking it out together with A vs persons C, D, E, F and newcomers G and H. Some of C, D, E, F are fighting the supposed "doomsaying" less readily, too. Maybe D just quits. Then expansion X+2 comes, and C joins A and B and also starts talking a little more critical than before. After some time, he also becomes a "doomsayer". A, B and C fight E, F, G, H, I, J. And so it goes.

The message: you are also going to be a doomsayer. The only way you can escape it is if you get so disinterested / dissatisfied with the game that you just drop it.

Take it from a certified doomsayer.
    And that is what I tend to do when I don't like the development of a Game Franchise. I am a really big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization, but I also really disagree with the graphics of VI and stuff. Do I lurk the VI Forums and spread BS everywhere, where people enjoying it, nopes I dropped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like No man's Sky when it dropped but I'm nowhere near the discussion. I just dropped off and move on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    And that is what I tend to do when I don't like the development of a Game Franchise. I am a really big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization, but I also really disagree with the graphics of VI and stuff. Do I lurk the VI Forums and spread BS everywhere, where people enjoying it, nopes I dropped it.
    There's a different message too, perhaps a more important one: the doomsayers very frequently aren't doomsaying. Sometimes they do, but frequently what gets called doomsaying is just a totally fair and reasonable, if a bit skeptical, position. It gets called doomsaying because there is a constant stream of new people, and because new people naturally come a little fanboyish. They ain't seen nothing yet, it's their first expansion, the sky is blue, woohoo and all that jazz. The reality is a cross of 90% "doomsaying" and 10% non-"doomsaying". Just wait and you will see for yourself (talking to the general "you").

I guess I should have put that into the original post. Ah, no big deal.

Also I liked the Legacy Version of Rust more, since it had more balanced PVP, but yeah point for WoW: From 12 Million player with a drop to 3-4Million, we have 8-9 Million dropped out players, then going further most of them are fine and go on with their lifes, but from such a high amount of individuals, it's clear there will be "Doomsayers". They are nothing which will grow over time, they are just a special kind with a higher chance to appear in genres like WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a different message too, perhaps a more important one: the doomsayers very frequently aren't doomsaying. Sometimes they do, but frequently what gets called doomsaying is just a totally fair and reasonable, if a bit skeptical, position. It gets called doomsaying because there is a constant stream of new people, and because new people naturally come a little fanboyish. They ain't seen nothing yet, it's their first expansion, the sky is blue, woohoo and all that jazz. The reality is a cross of 90% "doomsaying" and 10% non-"doomsaying". Just wait and you will see for yourself (talking to the general "you").

I guess I should have put that into the original post. Ah, no big deal.
    Could argue with this, but how often does Scaregrowz seem reasoable. It's just my point of view, but he seems never to be in such way. Well at least I would admit not every Doomsayer is on the same level.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-04-18 at 03:10 PM.