The Warfront in Azshara sounded fun with naval battles and the chance of getting the zone updated to a Goblin Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Goblins is easy. They'll happily go whereever they can make a profit.

What is really needed is a reason for the Worgen to oppose them.

Also, we already have Worgen troops in the Darkshore WF.
    We also have Goblins in Darkshore

Yeah, they are the backup troops in Darkshore, but that means they'd get screwed out of armor unless they get heritage. We'll see.

That leaves Darkspear and Draenei, which would be an interesting warfront, albeit I have no idea how it'd come about. Azuremyst or Durotar?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, they are the backup troops in Darkshore, but that means they'd get screwed out of armor unless they get heritage. We'll see.

That leaves Darkspear and Draenei, which would be an interesting warfront, albeit I have no idea how it'd come about. Azuremyst or Durotar?
    Probably Azuremyst but... I don't really see it happening. Now that I remember it though, isn't there some kind of big rock canyon structure the exact same colour than those in Durotar that was datamined in 8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Probably Azuremyst but... I don't really see it happening. Now that I remember it though, isn't there some kind of big rock canyon structure the exact same colour than those in Durotar that was datamined in 8.2?
    Yeah, the rocks point to Durotar, but if Silvermoon is a raid or dungeon it makes a LOT of sense that Azuremyst would be taken care of (both update-wise and plot-wise) in a Warfront. Gets both the "TBC areas" out of the way and integrates them back into the world.

I don't think that Warfront armor will replace Heritage armor, thats just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I don't think that Warfront armor will replace Heritage armor, thats just coincidence.
    It won't replace it, but it balances things out until all older races receive their heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I think it will in BFA. It serves an express point of making sure (almost) everyone gets "racial" armor in an expansion where that's maybe the most celebrated feature.

In the future though we'll see Human/Orc heritage and stuff. But not for a long time I bet.

So who is hyped for endgame?

I think UD/NE will get their heritage armor before the end of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Nelves are getting their heritage armor. I think a good time to do it is 8.2.5(During Azshara's shennigans)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It would make sense lorewise for Undead and Night Elves to get heritage before the end of the expansion, but I'll still have to hestitate not to call them greedy as hell after getting a full array of weapons and four sets of armor (with detailed/not detailed variants, so really eight sets).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Nelves are getting their heritage armor. I think a good time to do it is 8.2.5(During Azshara's shennigans)
    Not really... I think it will be more likely at the point when their "revenge" conclude.
    For UD... also probably when Sylvanas is most likely gone.
    It would make sense lorewise for Undead and Night Elves to get heritage before the end of the expansion, but I'll still have to hestitate not to call them greedy as hell after getting a full array of weapons and four sets of armor (with detailed/not detailed variants, so really eight sets).
    Basically this... so I think they both will have a a quests about how things will now go on... UD probably return to Lordaeron (Derek as new leader?) ... night elfs probably rebuilding something in one of their areas.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-04-19 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big question of the month is: Does Blizzard even care about Warfronts(As in they aren't gonna try and iterate with them).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Big question of the month is: Does Blizzard even care about Warfronts(As in they aren't gonna try and iterate with them).
    They're adding heroic warfronts in 8.2 so yeah.

I don't think they're going to make it to 9.0, but they'll support warfronts through the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, I suspect they don't care much about them, though they may try to do another one if it fits in with their story. If nothing else, adding one in forces them to update the content of a zone, which if they have plans for those zones in the future makes more sense to do now rather than on top of a bunch of other work later.

I wish the community would actually talk and brainstorm iterations for warfronts too. They have lots of potential and could really be new end game progression. But if something isn’t great out the gate most folks just ask for it to be removed, signaling to Blizzard it’s not worth anymore effort.

Based on what they've said about Heroic Warfronts, they might actually be quite interesting, especially if Blizzard delivers on the promise of the enemy faction being able to surprise you and the players having to adapt on the fly to what's happening on the battlefield.

One suggestion I'd have is... Island AI. I think it would fit marvelously well in Warfronts. Imagine the enemy having their own little strike team running around the map and harassing you - maybe capturing one of your areas or attacking stray players or even capturing and using objectives to their benefit (like summoning that Elemental in Arathi and pushing with it). I believe that the Heroic Warfronts are going to be something like that, to some extent, but I think it would be even better if the enemy also had some "heroes" that were a bit harder to take down than the regular army NPCs.

As for the future of Warfronts - I think it depends on how well the Heroic Warfronts do. If they're successful, I can totally see Blizzard doing more with Warfronts until BfA is over, but I seriously doubt that they will continue into the next expansion.

Gilneas might still happen, as Worgen aren't the direct opponents of Forsaken anymore.

Basing the warfront off races without heritage or warfront sets is silly though, because how can you make a Warfront out of Worgen, Draenei, Goblins and Darkspear? How in the world do any of those two fit together?
    Simple: You don't. You make the Warfront pandaren vs pandaren, and give the other four races Heritage armour.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton