Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Maybe do the old talents for leveling and you get the current ones as endgame choice
    There's a German saying, "von hinten durch die Brust ins Auge" = "from behind through the chest into the eye". I'll let you guess what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah sorry, I gotta continue on this. Why this way around? While levelling, I don't really want to open the talent page every levelup and input another 1% Crit on Ability X.

And do you want to use both systems, or have one replace the other at maxlevel, or what?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Current talent system would work perfectly fine, if Blizz could balance it better. Look how long it took them for example to make Breath of Sindragosa not top talent anymore. And how many rows like that we have with crappy talents? Is there some secret reason Blizz doesn't change that?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-06-18 at 10:04 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    8.2.5 with Goblin and Worgen models.
    Perhaps also the bridge story for Mekkatorque now Mechagnomes/Mechagon becomes an ally as 8.2.5 goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ehhhhh I think both systems failed at giving real choice. And Talents 3.0 will fail as well. Because there's always going to be a "best" build. Old style it was in general, new style it's per boss. As long as sites like IcyVeins exists, we may as well remove talents entirely.
    Perhaps the reason for releasing Talent 3.0 is to break the current mold and too much over reliance on those kind of websites.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-18 at 10:40 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ehhhhh I think both systems failed at giving real choice. And Talents 3.0 will fail as well. Because there's always going to be a "best" build. Old style it was in general, new style it's per boss. As long as sites like IcyVeins exists, we may as well remove talents entirely.
    Well FFXIV can have pretty good class design with no talents whatsoever. Granted I'm not happy with the healer and tank changes for ShB, but supposedly the raiders requested those.

Raiding ruins MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old system was good at making you feel like you are getting stronger(The Damage up by 1% or whatever). As talents they sorta made it necessary to get them, the solution to me would implement the feeling of getting stronger as you level like 5% increase in....whatever like one of your abilities or primary stat increase w/e. This would include actually showing you would went up for that visual feedback.

The current talent system is better in a way of that are more interesting choices to chose from(Bad sentence sorry). Of course the drawback is sometimes chosing back and forth between situations and or bosses and well I aint a fan of that either tbh.

Well FFXIV can have pretty good class design with no talents whatsoever. Granted I'm not happy with the healer and tank changes for ShB, but supposedly the raiders requested those.

Raiding ruins MMOs.

No it really doesn't, them asking for talents isn't a bad thing in itself. Don't be hating on people that like the raid type of content.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hope 8.2.5 comes before Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    This would be a little bit short, but I find it rather weird that during the entire PTR they didnt add the Trial of Style Season 5 Equipment, which should be available at the start of 28th of August.

Also they didn't moved the Event, so it still happens and we always got a new set. Then why should this indicate anything? Well last time it made the release date of 8.1.5 visible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could release it both at the same time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

No it really doesn't, them asking for talents isn't a bad thing in itself. Don't be hating on people that like the raid type of content.
    Do you even know what I'm referring to when I say raiding ruins MMOs? Do you even care?

it will most likely be in september.

8.2.5 PTR at the earliest would be a couple weeks after classic in September when their servers aren't on fire

Don't think 8.2.5 has too much to it really (Ashran update was it?, character model updates), as barren as 8.1.5 was except for story stuff, can't release a new season or anything. They don't need a long PTR for it, and 8.3 isn't until early early December-ish, so they're in no rush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    This would be a little bit short, but I find it rather weird that during the entire PTR they didnt add the Trial of Style Season 5 Equipment, which should be available at the start of 28th of August.

Also they didn't moved the Event, so it still happens and we always got a new set. Then why should this indicate anything? Well last time it made the release date of 8.1.5 visible.
    I usually pay attention to the calendar too, to some regard, but I actually think there's a possibility that they just outright forgot about it. The mogs they put are definitely like the lowest priority/bottom of the barrel stuff, sometimes exact replicas of another set already obtainable. For all I know they might just be pulling random ones from the files, but maybe some of them are new recolors.

On another note, speaking of the calendar, I do think it was intentional that they didn't release WoD timewalking until the end of May. 8.1.5 came out so much earlier but they wanted to put that 'content' in the big content cap between April-June. Only was something to do for a week though.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-18 at 11:48 PM.

Even with a dungeon or a warfront I think that 8.2.5 has the chance to arrive faster than 8.1.5, since the Raid Tests and the implementation of the Zandalari + KT's took their time, more hinting at the KT's.

Also I have the feeling they work at two patches at the same time, since Blizzcon showed good graphical junk of Nazjatar and Mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    8.2.5 PTR at the earliest would be a couple weeks after classic in September when their servers aren't on fire

Don't think 8.2.5 has too much to it really (Ashran update was it?, character model updates), as barren as 8.1.5 was except for story stuff, can't release a new season or anything. They don't need a long PTR for it, and 8.3 isn't until early early December-ish, so they're in no rush.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually pay attention to the calendar too, to some regard, but I actually think there's a possibility that they just outright forgot about it. The mogs they put are definitely like the lowest priority/bottom of the barrel stuff, sometimes exact replicas of another set already obtainable. For all I know they might just be pulling random ones from the files, but maybe some of them are new recolors.

On another note, speaking of the calendar, I do think it was intentional that they didn't release WoD timewalking until the end of May. 8.1.5 came out so much earlier but they wanted to put that 'content' in the big content cap between April-June. Only was something to do for a week though.
    Sure I think this could happen aswell, since I think we have to see if 8.2.5 contains AR or not, which would give a timeframe 1 or 2 weeks before Brewfest. And I guess with Mechagon and Nazjatar the time will fly, so we will see soon enough how they handle it.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-18 at 11:54 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the next expansion(s). It seems the WoW dev team has had a wake-up call with the success of classic, even in it's beta phase. Hopefully they execute these proposed philosphy changes effectively. It might not be until the expansion after 9.0 that we will truly feel it's effects across the whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

How long do people think it will take to unlock part 2 of flying? A week, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next expansion(s). It seems the WoW dev team has had a wake-up call with the success of classic, even in it's beta phase. Hopefully they execute these proposed philosphy changes effectively. It might not be until the expansion after 9.0 that we will truly feel it's effects across the whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

How long do people think it will take to unlock part 2 of flying? A week, maybe?
    I think the only wake up call they got was BFA itself(Even if I think the exp wasn't as bad as people put it). The effects of Classic wow won't really be known until August release and a few months afterwards.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the only wake up call they got was BFA itself(Even if I think the exp wasn't as bad as people put it). The effects of Classic wow won't really be known until August release and a few months afterwards.
    This is bait right.

So like, since we now know its going to be 25, does this make it a bit possible?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another Bellular vid talking about 8.2 and onward's to 9 very spoilery so have been warned, but it looks like the BFA story is heading for a Cataclysm like ending..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Three weeks I think

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it requires Rustbolt Revered I'm gonna say a month at the least.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Three weeks I think
    Took 3 weeks for Pathfinder part 2 in Legion because of needing the Legionfall rep to Revered.

I assume a similar-ish length for BfA pathfinder part 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Another Bellular vid talking about 8.2 and onward's to 9 very spoilery so have been warned, but it looks like the BFA story is heading for a Cataclysm like ending..
    People gotta give the world revamp stuff up. Look, they're definitely re-doing old zones (Arathi, Darkshore, battlegrounds) to bring them up to par to what we're seeing in zones like Legion, BfA, and I daresay WoD but with how scarcely they've been doing it, no way can do the entirety of EK and Kalimdor all at once like they did for Cataclysm.