I don't know if anyone has linked it yet, but a new "leak" has emerged.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-0-Speculation

I don't know what to think of this one. I don't want to trust it but it tickles my interest. Isn't it also super similar to the one we've had just earlier?

Already posted my thoughts in there, but any leak that has Sylvanas and Nzoth defeated by the end of 8.3 is good in my book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

I don't know what to think of this one. I don't want to trust it but it tickles my interest. Isn't it also super similar to the one we've had just earlier?
    Eh, it doesn't have anything that we couldn't already piece together from the information we have at the present.

All the Old Gods returning is an auto-pass for me.

Don't care what excuse/mumbo jumbo it is this time revealing "they died but not really", WoW recycles too many villains as is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it also super similar to the one we've had just earlier?
    Because they're all just playing off of what's been released just yesterday and common forum sentiments.

I think I asked this once before but didn't get an answer from anyone in the thread, were most of the leaks for BFA even close? I can't remember all of them, but I can only remember that maybe one leak was close to the mark and it occurred suuuuuuper close to Blizzcon (like maybe a month apart).

No way I could find it though lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Because they're all just playing off of what's been released just yesterday and common forum sentiments.

I think I asked this once before but didn't get an answer from anyone in the thread, were most of the leaks for BFA even close? I can't remember all of them, but I can only remember that maybe one leak was close to the mark and it occurred suuuuuuper close to Blizzcon (like maybe a month apart).

No way I could find it though lol
    Most of the leaks and theorycrafting before BFA were that it was going to be Kul Tiras/Zandalar/South Seas/Azshara, which was correct, but not the faction war plot and theme.

BFA is essentially the South Seas expac but they marketed the faction war thing for nostalgia points.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    I know, still a deal with the devil. Store mounts shouldn't be a thing.
    They are fine being a thing. You can feel free not to buy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its that time again.

6 month sub reward(No idea how it works if you just do a monthly sub cause....well thats how I roll)
    You have to buy a 6 month one. If you already had one(like me), it was already waiting for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What even is that mount? It looks like a mix between a dragon, bird, and a fish. Seen nothing like it in game.
    NOthing like it in the game? It's basically a re-color of a drake. There are like 700 different colors in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Most of the leaks and theorycrafting before BFA were that it was going to be Kul Tiras/Zandalar/South Seas/Azshara, which was correct, but not the faction war plot and theme.

BFA is essentially the South Seas expac but they marketed the faction war thing for nostalgia points.
    Oh, true true. I remember the whole "tides of vengeance" meme with that log-in screen!

I suppose I meant that the Faction War plot was kept hidden, and that has been the expansion's focus, the theme. So wondered if any leaks came close to that.

For instance, none of these recent leaks are even mentioning some "ohp didn't think of that for an expansion theme" like how Faction theme was surprising even though it involved ZD/KT/Azshara/South Seas.

Just feel like the leaks are too on the nose with forum speculation to be believable since no one speculated the Faction focus theme for BFA.

But in the end it's just a small matter, since regardless of its known or not. A lot of what people speculated surrounding BFA came true (ZD/KT/Azshara/South Seas) so maybe this faction unification stuff comes true as well.

IDK, just seems very, well it's like how they finally made every server PvE style. Something I thought they'd never ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    IDK, just seems very, well it's like how they finally made every server PvE style. Something I thought they'd never ever do.
    The "hook" of the leak that was recently leaked was a world revamp and no new class, which is the most outrageous thing in that leak. Not many people have said a world revamp is plausible, but it does match up with why BFA is slower in updates and in some places "lazier" than other expansions.

What everyone seems to be guessing (and is being built up in wow as we speak) is Faction Changes, Shadowlands, Dragons, Black Empire/Xalatath.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-06-27 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They are fine being a thing. You can feel free not to buy them.
    Ah yes, the obligatory 'you don't have to buy them'.

Good thing you didn't mention my previous posts where I explicitly stated I've never bought one. Would've made your holier-than-thou comment pretty pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    "All the Old Gods are back"

As cool as that would be, that would require actual explanation and so far it seems the focus is on N'zoth then all of the Old Gods.

"Sylvanas is not dead. She was defeated, but her defeat came at a great cost and she managed to escape alive along with Nathanos and her followers."

Probably correct but it would be more interesting if Nathanos sorta soft defected from Sylvanas

"Both the Horde and the Alliance are disbanded for 9.0."

Yeah I don't think they are going to do that. Not a hardcore disband.

Anduin lost the support of some races (such as the NE) for working with the Horde in the months following the end of BfA, and the Horde being a mess after the civil war between Baine and his allies against Sylvanas (the Blood Elves are split as a people, some of them followed the banshee queen, some of them followed Lor'themar, most of the goblins were supporting the warchief, etc.).
    ... I mean this sounds fake. Only Tyrande seems to be in danger of not being an Alliance figure right now(Especially if speculation holds up correct. Don't think Blood Elves will be split either.

It's all about the races and their own factions now. All players can play and work together. This doesn't mean the wars between thoses races have been forgotten.
    Might be incorrect but there may be Race questlines kinda like Artifact questlines, so thats plausible. Weather it means they will do the allied race ones I dunno.

PvP is rearranged around the races rather than the factions themselves."

Again, I really think this might be a massive fake but races will definitely be important(Maybe) just not as this leak puts it

"The new common ennemy uniting those races is Xal'atath."

....But so soon? No I think this might be the "Fake" indicator, I feel like she isn't going to show up for a good while.

"N'zoth is the final boss of BfA. 9.0 is about the return of the Old Gods Empire but the focus is on Xal'atath as she managed to drain N'zoth (and Azeroth) from their power. She is the one who played us all since the beginning."

And...how would that even be a thing Azeroth is "dying" in BFA. If her power is *drained* so to speak I don't think the planet would last much longer. Xal'atath would have to show up in 8.3(Since we may go after him).

"All the Old Gods are back, with Xal'atath leading the way and having some kind of control over them."

Citation and Explanation needed.

"Level squish is happening and fixed to 60 to mirror Vanilla."

Probably the most likely thing on the list. We'll find out.

"The whole world is revamped and scaled. Blizzard wanted to offer a new leveling experience without any holes in the timeline."

Interesting as it would be, I place my bets that isn't happening, even if Fahrad has a sad.

"The zones are much bigger, similar to how Zandalar and Kul Tiras feel IG."

Oh come on, this would be nice but man I feel like this would be way too ambitious for Blizzard to pull off. /knocksonwood

"Some parts of Kalimdor and EK won't be available at launch, we'll unlock the whole world through the entire expansion."

I can't see this being even possible unless Blizzard made this expansion with several content patches(As in like more then .2 and .3, like up to .9 or .10 lol)

"There are talks of including Northrend and Pandaria to the new revamped world."

Jesus....I love the idea but...man ambition...me don't think so. More Fahrad sads.

"Kalimdor has been invaded by the old gods minions for its major part. The Horde wasn't united enough to protect their lands, and most of its races went into exile or joined some of their allies."

Thats a massive change to happen so quickly. Needs explanation, don't believe it.

"Many faction hubs have fallen as the power of the old gods empire kept growing."

....Ok? So Faceless are running around everywhere and the sky is Void Purple/Black. I'm not sure Blizzard would go that depressing of a route......but we had WoD(As in being unexpected...I was very very wrong).

"Stormwind still stands and its new version looks incredible."

Lol.....Ok....one city stands...right. We'd sooner see Stormwind and Orgrimmar still around and safe.

"There is a lot of new lore coming, but it's also a callback to the beginning of WoW.

Dragonflights are crucial to defeat the Old Gods, and so are Elemental Lords."

Dragons certainly need to be more important but... I don't think there will be any Old God connections. The elemental Lords might not be our enemy if we get an all out Cosmic Horror war. Kinda like a alternate version of Cata.

"Most of the former NPCs are still around, just older.

The old content is still accessible through the caverns of time."

How the hell are they gonna fit all the old stuff in some CoT instance/worldserver. Furthermore....this implies a time skip but...we'd need to know what's happened since then.

"Class sets are back."

I'd be surprised if this didn't happen.

"No new class but there are talks about adding more flavour to the existing classes such as titles, spell effects and specific questlines depending on the races."

Probably incorrect but I have a feeling we'll see a lot of class redesigns of a sort(Don't take this as Gospel or written in stone....your fault if you get disappointed)

"New customisation for the existing races and allied races."

..Ok

"High level content looks much more to what was tested in Mechagon, but it's pushed even further. There are puzzles to discover everywhere, and the emphasis is on exploring the new open world."

I would rather they merge those puzzles and stuff into the max level zone with dailies/Worldquests/whatever3.0 version is called.

"First raid is not about Xal'atath but about the Elemental Lords."

<But why meme here>

Yeah I aint buying it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really want a full on split of factions tbh. Letting players group up in non war mode, and dungeons and raids together would be nice. Pvp could also be about mercenaries which would speed up queue times.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NOthing like it in the game? It's basically a re-color of a drake. There are like 700 different colors in game.
    I meant as a species. I know it's a remodeled dragon.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Isn't it also super similar to the one we've had just earlier?
    Yes, which means (I guess) people either have no imagination or there's something right about them.

SNIP
    Fahrad is sad indeed. I'm starting to like that leak now, BURN IT BEFORE I GET ATTACHED TO IT. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    *laughs in world-revamp*

Blizzard wanted to offer a new leveling experience without any holes in the timeline.
    Physically impossible.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Physically impossible.
    I'm fairly certain a Blizzard employee (Ion?) said that next expansion will have something enticing for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm fairly certain a Blizzard employee (Ion?) said that next expansion will have something enticing for new players.
    There's no way they can untangle The Adventures of Associate Professor Whom.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean technically she's not dead...
    Somebody still have a link to you-know-which-login-screen?

- - - Updated - - -

"Sylvanas is not dead. She was defeated, but her defeat came at a great cost and she managed to escape alive along with Nathanos and her followers."
    Think about that for a moment. I'm fairly sure that's not gonna happen, regardless of how BfA ends.