7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, 8.2.5 should be on the ptr within 2 or 3 weeks. Up for 6-10 weeks then another 2-4 before 8.3 is on the Ptr.
    Unless 8.2.5 is bringing a new landmass(es) with itself I don't think it'll be on PTR for long. I'm going to wager it'll be shorter than 8.2 PTR time length.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Unless 8.2.5 is bringing a new landmass(es) with itself I don't think it'll be on PTR for long. I'm going to wager it'll be shorter than 8.2 PTR time length.
    It will be at least 4 or 5 weeks. Likely 6. Earliest possible I could see 8.2.5 launching is mid September.

Even if 8.2.5 launches in the middle and 8.3 is up by the end of September, I think they will have a hard time releasing 8.3 this year. Unless its a smaller patch than 8.2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It will be at least 4 or 5 weeks. Likely 6. Earliest possible I could see 8.2.5 launching is mid September.

Even if 8.2.5 launches in the middle and 8.3 is up by the end of September, I think they will have a hard time releasing 8.3 this year. Unless its a smaller patch than 8.2.
    Yeah I agree. I don't think 8.3 is coming this year anymore, I thought it might but unless they do something like release 8.3 before the holidays it's most likely going to be in January after the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah I agree. I don't think 8.3 is coming this year anymore, I thought it might but unless they do something like release 8.3 before the holidays it's most likely going to be in January after the holidays.
    It might be like the announcement of Cata but we still got stuff related to ICC.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It might be like the announcement of Cata but we still got stuff related to ICC.
    Oh it'll definitely be this. This Blizzcon is going to be packed for WoW. You'll have talk of Classic Release, 8.3 BFA, and 9.0. That's a lot to discuss in the 1 hour or so they usually do for their WoW reveals.

I‘m pretty sure 8.3 will be released this year as it will be smaller in scope than 8.2 was. Delaying 8.3 until 2020 would make 8.2 the longest running content patch for quite a while.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Like with Diablo Immortal? I think when shit hits the fan Blizzcon is the worst environment to tackle it, see last year‘s Blizzcon. They were absolutely paralyzed after the abysmal reception of the game. Was quite shocking to see how much of a non-event everything was afterwards and how piss poor their PR department handled it.

But I am totally here for it, the last Blizzcons (17+18) were quite boring and to have one MASSIVE Blizzcon this year with two, three new main titles announced would be amazing.
    Wasnt it the first time for them? I am sure they will be prepared this time. They already raised the price considerably so that only the diehard fans come.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Wasnt it the first time for them? I am sure they will be prepared this time. They already raised the price considerably so that only the diehard fans come.
    Yeah I think the Diablo Immortal debacle will be a “once in a lifetime“ failure for them. I’m not expecting something similar ever again.

Yeah I think the Diablo Immortal debacle will be a “once in a lifetime“ failure for them. I’m not expecting something similar ever again.
    IMO the mistake wasn't even the game, it was the avenue for the reveal.

I‘m pretty sure 8.3 will be released this year as it will be smaller in scope than 8.2 was. Delaying 8.3 until 2020 would make 8.2 the longest running content patch for quite a while.
    If they stick with the same cadence we've seen 8.0 to 8.1 to 8.1.5 to 8.2 then 8.3 would come out after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    If they stick with the same cadence we've seen 8.0 to 8.1 to 8.1.5 to 8.2 then 8.3 would come out after the new year.
    As I said, I don’t expect 8.3 to be bigger than 8.2, it’s like 7.2 and 7.3 but they swapped it this time. 8.3 next year doesn’t make much sense unless they delay the release of the upcoming expansion until November or December.

As I said, I don’t expect 8.3 to be bigger than 8.2, it’s like 7.2 and 7.3 but they swapped it this time. 8.3 next year doesn’t make much sense unless they delay the release of the upcoming expansion until November or December.
    So if they drop 8.3 in January that can't drop 9.0 in July? Do you think 8.3 is going to be the last patch?

So if they drop 8.3 in January that can't drop 9.0 in July? Do you think 8.3 is going to be the last patch?
    8.3 then 8.3.5, no doubt. BfA is and will be following the patch cycle of Legion, only with slightly longer time passing between the releases as they said they were too quick at times in Legion.

8.3 in January and 9.0 in July? Absolutely no way this is going to happen. That would make 8.3 a 6 month final patch, we never had that before.

Aren't the final patches usually the largest in terms of content?

- - - Updated - - -

If they said Diablo Immortal was coming to the PC along with mobile when it was first announced then I think most of backlash wouldn't have happened.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Aren't the final patches usually the largest in terms of content?

Well, not necessarily. 5.2 was bigger than 5.4 for example. It was the case with WoD and Legion though. As I said, I think this year they just swapped the patches and made 8.2 bigger because it was absolutely necessary to keep players for BfA. 8.3 being bigger than 8.2 means we have to get at least two new zones, a mega dungeon and another raid and I don’t see this happen at all.

8.3 in January and 9.0 in July? Absolutely no way this is going to happen. That would make 8.3 a 6 month final patch, we never had that before.
    7.3.5 dropped in January and 8.0 was released in July.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plus isn't a 6 month final tier what we've been begging for for years now? Like since Wrath?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well, not necessarily. 5.2 was bigger than 5.4 for example.
    5.2 and 5.4's size are basically the same. I think it comes down to personal opinion for that one.
    But I get what you're saying, it would take a considerable amount of content to be bigger than 8.2. I just hope it does.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

We were talking about 8.3 and not 8.3.5. At least that’s what I am referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Plus isn't a 6 month final tier what we've been begging for for years now? Like since Wrath?

And you think they’ll achieve this when they’re late with all of the content patches this expansion? They even didn’t do it with Legion although it was possible.

What I want to say: 8.3. being as big as 8.2 or bigger and being shortened to a 6 months duration doesn’t make sense in my eyes. It’s either 8.3. being smaller and shorter lifetime or 8.3 being bigger and longer lifetime.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-11 at 05:59 PM.