Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Would not necessarily say that. But after many of the leaks got proven wrong with Azshara surviving and nothing of note happening in the cinematic, i would imagine many are desperate to get their 15 minutes of fame before 8.2.5 comes through and smashes a good portion of all the leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

The more i see of Mechagnomes the more i am convinced of their unsuitability as an Allied race. Mostly because of transmog.

To really show off what makes them unique, (i.e. robotic arms and legs) all their armor has to not show off arms or legs, which, if you consider using a tabard, means essentially hiding 4 armor pieces, 5 if you count bracers.

They really would be much better off as a customization option for Gnomes, as that would allow people who play them to know that choosing them essentially means having 5 armor pieces on "always hide"
    Well we did just get a patch where you can hide everything but pants. Convenient timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    a new logo has appeared on 4chan
    idk what to say about this one, seems a lazy shop
    link: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/470217061

OP: "this is one of the few proposed titles for the 9.0 expansion. The title and logo is still heavily in development and it's going to take a simplistic turn"
    Fake. Looks absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Well we did just get a patch where you can hide everything but pants. Convenient timing.
    Sure. But that does not mean suddenly all pants were removed from the game.

Mechagnomes is just really restricitve in what armor it can realistically show. Either it has to go over the mechanical bits, which makes them look pretty much exactly like Gnomes. Or the mechanical limbs override the rest of the armor, which begs the question of why armor is even shown on them at all.

Sure. But that does not mean suddenly all pants were removed from the game.

Mechagnomes is just really restricitve in what armor it can realistically show. Either it has to go over the mechanical bits, which makes them look pretty much exactly like Gnomes. Or the mechanical limbs override the rest of the armor, which begs the question of why armor is even shown on them at all.
    But that's my point. If we were getting a race that basically requires hiding as much armor as possible then it's pretty good timing that we suddenly got that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    But that's my point. If we were getting a race that basically requires hiding as much armor as possible then it's pretty good timing that we suddenly got that feature.
    I suppose.

Still though, would overall make it a pretty shitty AR from that angel at least.
    Would be a pretty kickass customization feature for Gnomes though. If Orcs can get upright stance then Alliance can at least have something cool for gnomes.

They do wear normal armor like other NPC models based on playable races. However that armor is pretty much limited to shoulders and belts. They might have a chestpiece as well, but it is hard to tell.

Overall they have the same level of NPC customization in the armor as the Naga do.
    Normal shoulder and belt slot.
    No, they don't. Naga get pants, boots, gloves and sleeves displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they don't. Naga get pants, boots, gloves and sleeves displayed.
    Thinking about it, they also get helmets. So i guess what we can take from this is that Naga are still a more fitting AR spot for Alliance then Mechagnomes are.

Still holding out hope for Ankoan. I love their aesthetic and i want it to continue to be a part of the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It is true, word from a developer that returned to the game in WoD and found it odd that the expansion had no more content planned beyond 6.2 from the start. They scrapped content, but they didn't abandon the expansion as is popular belief. What we got was what they were willing to give us, making the goodwill they lost 100% deserved.

Even if WoD had had Farahlon and Shattrath, it'd still have had the other issues such as endgame design, the Garrison and LFR being what it was. The core design of the expansion wasn't salvagable, but raiders (aka a small percentage) were happy.

And of course, the people savvy enough to utilize their garrisons for gold generation. <.<
    Farahlon was planned. So it was scrapped. WoD was cut short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still disappointed Farahlon is gone. I wanted to see it
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Going back to WoD always makes me sad.
    Seeing all the lovingly created and realized areas, flying over Shattrath and thinking: "Imagine if this came after Legion"

Not to mention the music is some of the best in the game. Some of my favorite tracks are from that expansion, quite a few in fact.

Garrison also got a bit of a bad rap when it came out. As player housing it is actually quite well realized, walking around and seeing all ym followers lounging in the Inn, seeing Lantresor down in the mines where he belongs... Good times.

Hurray, yet another apparent 4chan "leak". Just made a thread to discuss it there:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51392502
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hurray, yet another apparent 4chan "leak". Just made a thread to discuss it there:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51392502
    I loved it when he boldly announced an old god beneath Tirisfal despite us knowing from Legion exactly what is buried there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just Tyr's tomb if I recall in Tiristfal but I suppose ppl gotta go on something. That Thunder Bluff battle may be true though... I don't think Blizzard was being too subtle when Thrall said "Thunder Bluff will burn."

If that ends up being the raid and or relevant plot in 8.3. I wouldn't be surprised. Not saying it is true though. Rest of the leak is...sketchy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am curious if Thunder bluff will actually have a large part in the end of the Faction war.
    Thrall saying Thunder Bluff wil burn strikes me as quite the odd thing to say unless it will have a big role. Now, in all fairness, this role could be Sylvanas sending a token force there to draw everyone out so she can go unhindered to her true objective. But still.

Still holding out hope for an Alliance city being the raid this time. Way too many Horde cities have been turned into raids. Give Alliance some raid quality graphical updates too.

I am curious if Thunder bluff will actually have a large part in the end of the Faction war.
    Thrall saying Thunder Bluff wil burn strikes me as quite the odd thing to say unless it will have a big role. Now, in all fairness, this role could be Sylvanas sending a token force there to draw everyone out so she can go unhindered to her true objective. But still.

Still holding out hope for an Alliance city being the raid this time. Way too many Horde cities have been turned into raids. Give Alliance some raid quality graphical updates too.
    send a small force to Thunder bluff. alliance come to help but turned out it was a distraction. the horde forces destroy another alliance city while the alliance is distracted.

only way it makes sense to me.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    send a small force to Thunder bluff. alliance come to help but turned out it was a distraction. the horde forces destroy another alliance city while the alliance is distracted.

only way it makes sense to me.
    It would be an interesting story development. It would also solve the underlying problem of an Alliance city being the raid, that being it is difficult to visualize an escalation of forces when you are the defending party. Have Sylvanas attack Stormwind and the backstory of the raid would be that we come back too late to stop her from fortifying the keep or something, which allows us to fight varying bosses who have already gotten established.

Only problem i see is that the Horde bias could get out of control unless Blizz figures out a way to make the Alliance actually "get back" at the Horde in the end.
    I guess we will see when 8.2.5 shows up on the PTR what direction the story is headed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be an interesting story development. It would also solve the underlying problem of an Alliance city being the raid, that being it is difficult to visualize an escalation of forces when you are the defending party. Have Sylvanas attack Stormwind and the backstory of the raid would be that we come back too late to stop her from fortifying the keep or something, which allows us to fight varying bosses who have already gotten established.

Only problem i see is that the Horde bias could get out of control unless Blizz figures out a way to make the Alliance actually "get back" at the Horde in the end.
    I guess we will see when 8.2.5 shows up on the PTR what direction the story is headed.

I don't think we need anymore cities getting destroyed. Alliance has gone through enough and SoO didn't damage Orgrimmar not nearly as much as..........well *Points to Teldrassil*.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think we need anymore cities getting destroyed. Alliance has gone through enough and SoO didn't damage Orgrimmar not nearly as much as..........well *Points to Teldrassil*.
    Fair point.

My fear though is that we get Silvermoon as a raid or something and the entire city gets a graphical upgrade as a result. Then the next expansion is not a world revamp and we have ended BfA with a net gain of 1 entire city upgraded for Horde.

Teldrassil is still the best choice in my personal opinion though. Loads of interesting bosses you could go for, the area lends itself well to a raid. And it would allow Nelves to finally get something tangible in return for all the shit they have gotten in BfA.

I loved it when he boldly announced an old god beneath Tirisfal despite us knowing from Legion exactly what is buried there.
    Maybe the summary is just wrong? I think the leaker didn’t really bring up the Old God theory directly and it was just in the reddit summary yet not in the 4chan post.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe the summary is just wrong? I think the leaker didn’t really bring up the Old God theory directly and it was just in the reddit summary yet not in the 4chan post.
    Might have been. In which case it is a pretty awful summary.

I did like the idea of partial world revamp. Sounds like an approach that could work.