Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Yeah.. that shitty weeb game is nowhere near WoWs popularity. Its community is more of a circle jerk than the wow community.
    And even if, the popularity of one game doesn't mean the other is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And then over one year of nothing? The rough story is fixed at least two years in advance, abandoning the end of BfA now would bite them even more in the ass, as they scramble to adjust 9.0's story to at least remove references to that ending.

Even WoD's story was finished, it was only gameplay design (and presumavly the side story of Farahlon) that was neglected in favor of Legion.
    BfA's story can be finished in 8.2.5 ez pz. Just kill Sylvanas and it's over. Move on and do N'Zoth in 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    So defensive. So touchy.
    Imagine being so abysmal that a "shitty weeb game" is overtaking you. That's BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    So defensive. So touchy.
    bfa bad. weeb game good.

I played Weeb Fantasy for half an hour.

First thing I noticed is that the devs payed absolutely 0 attention to clipping. My character's elbows and feet were clipping through the bow on her back like crazy. I absolutely LOATHE visual glitches such as clipping, but then I know Asian game developers don't give a dead rat's ass about clipping in their games, so I kinda expected this shit.

Then I got handed a quest chain that literally made me run for half an hour around a huge city, just talking to various NPCs that I didn't give a shit about.

Eventually the clipping and the stereotypical anime style atmosphere got to me, so I promptly uninstalled it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Imagine being so abysmal that a "shitty weeb game" is overtaking you. That's BfA.
    nah. that isolated data doesnt even suggest ffxiv overtook bfa.

imagine being so shitty that you can't take over the abysmal bfa. That's ffxiv.

implying that this is a sign shitty weeb game is taking over bfa is so desperate haha
    Last edited by Merryck; 2019-07-25 at 08:12 AM.

Imagine being such a mediocre korean F2P knockoff that you consider your expansion launch having similar numbers to an "abysmal" game's content patch impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Imagine being such a mediocre korean F2P knockoff that you consider your expansion launch having similar numbers to an "abysmal" game's content patch impressive.
    Calling FF14 a mediocre Korean F2P knockoff is grossly misrepresentative. Just face it that WoW is not the best or the most popular MMO on the market anymore. Doing blunder after blunder like Blizzard has ruined their reputation and # of people who play their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Yeah.. that shitty weeb game is nowhere near WoWs popularity. Its community is more of a circle jerk than the wow community.
    You're actually beyond dumb if you think they're not close to one another in sub numbers by now.
    WoW is going down rapidly and FF14 is only growing.
    Blizzard continues to do misstep after misstep, Square Enix continues to do right by the players.

The facts are there, you can see it everywhere, there's more traffic going over to FF14's content than there is going to Blizzard's.
    But then again, little asmongold circlejerkers (such as yourself) can't possibly comprehend why this is happening.

Calling FF14 a mediocre Korean F2P knockoff is grossly misrepresentative. Just face it that WoW is not the best or the most popular MMO on the market anymore. Doing blunder after blunder like Blizzard has ruined their reputation and # of people who play their games.
    No, that's about what it is. Pretty similar combat feel and responsiveness to Korean F2Ps, the same really shitty, tiny box zones full of invisible walls connected by loading screens, the same mediocre JRPG music and god awful environmental art direction, the same artstyle except I'd say there are a bunch of Korean F2P games that manage to do it better (ditto environments). It's just not worth much.

I'm just a bit confused what your metrics are. If BfA is a terrible, garbage expansion and FFXIV's expansion launch is just breaking even with a content patch a year into BfA, how can FFXIV be described as anything but terrible and garbage?

10+ Year Old Account
    You never played the game, so you come off as a dumbass just like Lazy Peon did when he made his video about FF14 which did soooo insanely bad.
    WoW is no longer the most solid choice on the market, FF14's quality has long surpassed that of WoW.
    The two parts that WoW does better is PvP and backend structure (the fact that you can fly from zone to zone without loading like in FF14)

BFA felt like an early access experience, Shadowbringers felt like a new triple AAA game.
    We'll just have to wait and see if Blizzard can regain their throne as the most polished MMO in the market, because right now they're in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You never played the game.
    I have, actually. Because I was curious to see how it held up with the constant "COME PLAY FFXIV IT'S BETTER THAN WOW, WOW REFUGEES WELCOME". Imagine my disappointment at logging into shit Aion did better nine years ago. It's a shame, I would have loved to have a game with a bard to play, maybe one day there will be any sort of polish or quality in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have, actually. Because I was curious to see how it held up with the constant "COME PLAY FFXIV IT'S BETTER THAN WOW, WOW REFUGEES WELCOME". Imagine my disappointment at logging into shit Aion did better nine years ago. It's a shame, I would have loved to have a game with a bard to play, maybe one day there will be any sort of polish or quality in it.
    Nah, you didn't. And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about either which is why your personal bias is so apparent through your posts. I've put good hours into both games and both expansions now, I can speak on this matter because I'm a fan of what Blizzard does with parts of their game and I'm a fan of what Square Enix is doing with FF14.

Shadowbringers is just factually without a doubt the stronger of the two. This is why WoW's numbers are in the red while FF14 is in the green.
    WoW has already been dethroned, subscription numbers does not decide which one stands at the top, quality and consumer friendliness does.
    And by that metric, WoW has lost.

Nothing is gonna change in BFA to make WoW better, they need an entire new expansion that overhauls and changes the fundamentals they chose to go with for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Nah, you didn't. And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about either which is why your personal bias is so apparent through your posts.
    I mean, if pretending that's true makes you feel better about it, more power to you.

Shadowbringers is just factually without a doubt the stronger of the two. This is why WoW's numbers are in the red while FF14 is in the green.
    WoW has already been dethroned, subscription numbers does not decide which one stands at the top, quality and consumer friendliness does.
    And by that metric, WoW has lost.
    If it were the stronger of the two it would be celebrating BfA launch tier numbers, not celebrating managing to keep even with a content patch. But again, whatever makes you feel better. I hope that FFXIV has another expansion planned for the end of the year, you know, to stay even with 8.3.

Want to know the worst part? 8.2 just launched a few weeks ago, and the best "content" right now is reading speculation threads on whats next.

I want more right now. 8.2 was nice for some time, but the mindless grind for essences/Azerite Power appeared rather quickly in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Want to know the worst part? 8.2 just launched a few weeks ago, and the best "content" right now is reading speculation threads on whats next.

I want more right now. 8.2 was nice for some time, but the mindless grind for essences/Azerite Power appeared rather quickly in the patch.
    Who thought BfA could be salvaged at this point? Neither 8.2 nor 8.3 can change the death spiral this expansion has been in since launch. Players are looking forward to expansion leaks because they want this mess to be over and to move on to the next expansion already.

@Hitei Even if you’ve played FFXIV you’ve got no clue about that game. And you don’t seem to have played any of the later expansions. Yes, the vanilla version is very stale yet the game tremendously improved with all of its expansions. And Shadowbringers is receiving massive praise from both critics and players alike and the expansion is celebrated as one of the best MMORPG expansions ever made.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Who thought BfA could be salvaged at this point? Neither 8.2 nor 8.3 can change the death spiral this expansion has been in since launch. Players are looking forward to expansion leaks because they want this mess to be over and to move on to the next expansion already.

@Hitei Even if you’ve played FFXIV you’ve got no clue about that game. And you don’t seem to have played any of the later expansions. Yes, the vanilla version is very stale yet the game tremendously improved with all of its expansions. And Shadowbringers is receiving massive praise from both critics and players alike and the expansion is celebrated as one of the best MMORPG expansions ever made.
    I don't get people like Nyel and Wilfire.
    You guys seize every single opportunity to bash on BFA or Blizzard.

Why is it you still actively engange on this forums?
    I would get it if you hope wow will somehow 'redeem' itself in your eyes but then why constantly voice your opinion on how bad the game is.

If you don't like it, post your opinion in threads dedicated to such a discussion.
    This is a speculation thread, why bash on blizzard or wow here? Constant negative reactions really make it unpleasant to read threads on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account

Players have always been interested in whats next in wow, or do you not realise Vanilla Naxx was primarily ignored because of the upcoming Burning Crusade? Sunwell was ignored because of Wrath.

The list goes on, stop kidding yourself - BfA has a year (ish) left with one major content patch remaining. Pretty standard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Players have always been interested in whats next in wow, or do you not realise Vanilla Naxx was primarily ignored because of the upcoming Burning Crusade? Sunwell was ignored because of Wrath.

The list goes on, stop kidding yourself - BfA has a year (ish) left with one major content patch remaining. Pretty standard stuff.
    I never said players aren’t interested in what’s next. The difference is, this phase started waaaaaaaaaaay sooner in BfA than in other expansion, e.g. Legion. Right after Nighthold was released people still were massively invested in Legion‘s future and after Tomb people were invested in Argus. In BfA it’s just entirely different. Sure players are interested in seeing how the expansion ends yet the anticipation of the upcoming expansion is way bigger than the anticipation of upcoming content patches that wrap up the expansion. And we all know why it’s this way in BfA.

Nevermind, as others said, this thread is mainly for speculation and not about FFXIV or other quite off topic things.

I think the most interesting thing at the moment is the Solesa Naksu stuff. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s something. Hitei‘s “A Snake‘s Soul“ anagram of that was quite intriguing. And maybe we’ll learn more with the PTS. Yet when thinking about snakes in WoW, who next to Hakkar comes to mind?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-25 at 10:10 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said players aren’t interested in what’s next. The difference is, this phase started waaaaaaaaaaay sooner in BfA than in other expansion, e.g. Legion. Right after Nighthold was released people still were massively invested in Legion‘s future and after Tomb people were invested in Argus. In BfA it’s just entirely different. Sure players are interested in seeing how the expansion ends yet the anticipation of the upcoming expansion is way bigger than the anticipation of upcoming content patches that wrap up the expansion. And we all know why it’s this way in BfA.
    Sounds like you are just reaching to be honest, which is a shame. I mostly agree with your opinions on FF14 despite the ignorance of some here but you're looking at BFA with blinkers on.

It's not a great expansion but people have always looked at whats next, I literally made a thread on here about how Legion would end and what would happen to artifacts during Emerald Nightmare. The thread is about 8.3 and somehow you equate that to thinking about the next expansion? How is it any different to Argus?

People fucking hated Argus, just as much as they loved it. Beyond raid tiers, expansions have historically been over a year in, anyone invested in end game content looks to the future at that point.

Just seems like such a strange analysis all because you are having fun in another game.