Cata was a great xpac, not sure what people are banging on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    The exact same is happening in BFA. 'Oh the game fucking SUCKS right now but at least the art team is doing AMAZING', uhm are they? look at the drastic decline in quality of armour sets lmao.
    FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICED!!!!

Have you seen how the items from Nazjatar and Eternal Palace look?! They're fucking TBC greens texture quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post

Have you seen how the items from Nazjatar and Eternal Palace look?! They're fucking TBC greens texture quality.
    They look awful. What's even funnier is that because there was a new PvP season but no new warfront, they didn't make any new PvP sets and just reused the PvE set.

They legit said we would get no class sets to allow room for MORE higher quality armour sets. Bitch WHERE? People memed again and went so far as to praise the green questing sets for Zandalar/Kul Tiras. 'Yeah the armour sets don't look amazing so far but you can't deny how great the green questing sets were, right?'. The bar is so low.

People can bang on about how 'ArT iS sUbJeCtIvE' but the raid/dungeon armour sets, excluding the VERY hit and miss warfront sets and the occasional race sets, have looked like shit.

Art is subjective but I'd rather it be subjective over 12 unique class sets every patch rather than having every cloth wearer look the same, leather wearer look the same, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    World quests like Legion aren't enough for endgame content(Outside of instances). I LIKE what is there but its not enough. I'm not even annoyed about classes, not on the same level as this forum. My problem or rather concerns is at the start of a new era(Expansion) things feel slow and not so great but midway and by the .3 patch well its all feels good. Not a good idea to make people feel good only part of the expansion.

I've said all this b4 though so..no need to hit a dead horse.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Cataclysm was a great expansion set back by lackluster content patches. If 4.3 introduced a new questing area and DS had 12-14 bosses instead of 8 and didn't reuse assets, it would have been remembered as fondly as WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post

The armor sets have been the worst ever. It's fucking embarrassing. They make less sets per tier now and they are worse looking than before? Whaaaat??!?!

The rest of the art in the zones has been top notch though, as well as with NPCs like the blood trolls and drust.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Cataclysm has the best villain yet and was totally focused on killing Deathwing.

We had an enemy, we had a goal. Expansions like that work great.

WoD and BfA lacked focus and an enemy. Some Ogres there, a bit Iron Horde there oh now you get demons. In BfA it’s a bit of unrelated Titan stuff there, a faction raid here and then some Naga stuff.

I really hope the next expansion has one big bad enemy we fight and just him and his allies and nothing else (N’zoth). Expansions with a clear focus just overall work way better.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So when are we getting news? Blizz has been radio-silent for pretty much a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    The armor sets have been the worst ever. It's fucking embarrassing. They make less sets per tier now and they are worse looking than before? Whaaaat??!?!

The rest of the art in the zones has been top notch though, as well as with NPCs like the blood trolls and drust.
    It's pretty strange how bad their armor designs have been this expac. They usually do a great job with them. Legion had some spectacular sets, so to follow up with BFA's armor sets is a major drop in quality. The odd thing is, they don't even have as many sets to work on since we no longer have class-related tier gear.

They had some nice concept for weapons...
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xQVKg

... but oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post

I don't know.

The different tiers of Warfront sets + Heritage armor sets have been pretty high quality. And there are more to come of Heritage armor.
    The raid sets for Eternal Palace are just a major step back though, and the ones for Uldir. My opinion of course, but the only set I've liked from raids this expansion has been the Mythic BoD plate.

The heritage sets have been great (Although BE wasn't as good as it could have been), but they're too limited and easy to get. Warfront sets are nice, but they're too hard to get in terms of sources and availability, plus...warfronts. The raid sets have been absolutely terrible. Uldir was laughable, BoD was actually pretty good (except mail), but EP was such a missed opportunity.

We need more sets from more places too, like why doesn't M+ give unique sets / weapons?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Cataclysm has the best villain yet and was totally focused on killing Deathwing.

We had an enemy, we had a goal. Expansions like that work great.

WoD and BfA lacked focus and an enemy. Some Ogres there, a bit Iron Horde there oh now you get demons. In BfA it’s a bit of unrelated Titan stuff there, a faction raid here and then some Naga stuff.

I really hope the next expansion has one big bad enemy we fight and just him and his allies and nothing else (N’zoth). Expansions with a clear focus just overall work way better.
    I think the problem was more "explaining who the hell was Deathwing" because for some fucking reason people didnt know who Deathwing Neltharion were, some people didnt even played warcraft 1-3 (a lot of lore youtubers) people didnt read novels. So literally was a expansion based on "WOrld revamp and explaining, who the hell was Deathwing and friends". While TBC and WotLK" we knew the big baddies and their consequences. It stills baffleds me.

It was a hard expansion... yes the entry level was Hard for Heroics (just do some timewalking with unnexperienced players god lord), the expanasion was more focused on the "new player experience" rather than "more content for endgame" but that didnt mean no content, just look the amount of dungeons some of them are so good (HoR) but then it lost its charm, not because we rip off Deathwings back, not because of LFR, was because people needed to be introduced to Deathwing and friends, it wasnt a big baddy that everyone knows even those who didnt played other Warcraft games. And sadly it went away with a low budget kamehame from green Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    I don't get people like Nyel and Wilfire.
    You guys seize every single opportunity to bash on BFA or Blizzard.

Why is it you still actively engange on this forums?
    I would get it if you hope wow will somehow 'redeem' itself in your eyes but then why constantly voice your opinion on how bad the game is.

If you don't like it, post your opinion in threads dedicated to such a discussion.
    This is a speculation thread, why bash on blizzard or wow here? Constant negative reactions really make it unpleasant to read threads on these forums.
    This is not a WoW forum mind you, it's a gaming forum. Most of it dedicated to WoW, yeah, but there's still a fuckton of people here who visit the site for other parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    They had some nice concept for weapons...
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xQVKg

... but oh well...
    At least the three-bladed glaive made it into 8.2, and didn't CoS drop some trident?
    But more weapon designs are always better, true. Then again, that's the case for just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    This is not a WoW forum mind you, it's a gaming forum. Most of it dedicated to WoW, yeah, but there's still a fuckton of people here who visit the site for other parts of it.
    I don't visit threads for games I don't like, though.

This isn't a wow forum mainly, yes, but this thread is a WoW thread. So the point still stands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but this is a wow thread in one of wow subforums.

One who was just interested in the non-wow related subforums would not come here.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sure, but this is a wow thread in one of wow subforums.

One who was just interested in the non-wow related subforums would not come here.
    We get this part. But if BfA is just one bad decision piled on top of each other, why would we pretend otherwise? WoW sucks now, but it need not suck forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    We get this part. But if BfA is just one bad decision piled on top of each other, why would we pretend otherwise? WoW sucks now, but it need not suck forever.
    It's debatable that it "sucks" and going on and on about it like a broken record gets annoying and serves no one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Oh im not disagreeing with that.
    BfA certainly has issues that have to be dealt with.

I'm just trying to shoot down that particular argument, i see too many people who judge the game even though they haven't played in ages and when called out try to hide behind "but... eh.. I'm here just for gen-off topic!"

Formerly known as Arafal