Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Dark Ranger outfit seems to be a recolored/slightly altered version of the leather LFR Highmaul armor.
    What's interesting is that it's labeled as Dark Ranger Mail, so that may imply there is Dark Ranger Cloth/Plate/Leather. Not sure where you'd get it from, and the way it's labelled doesn't sound like heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What's interesting is that it's labeled as Dark Ranger Mail, so that may imply there is Dark Ranger Cloth/Plate/Leather. Not sure where you'd get it from, and the way it's labelled doesn't sound like heritage armor.
    I think it might be a transmog set you can get for doing the Night Warrior scenario Hordeside? Maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monsterware View Post
    Ahh yes it might very well be, good catch!
    Thanks. Saw the icons and for some reason I knew they were familiar to me. :P

The brown uniform color seems like they're shifting Dark Rangers away from Sylvanas and more towards Nathanos imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Only thing I want is more tints for the Kul Tiran heritage. Come on baby.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no fucking way, unless they finally confirm that Forsaken = Sylvanas mind control. He has no reason to hate Jaina. Unless they pull some shit where they tell him that Jaina killed their dad...
    I think you just answered your own question
    I think Blizzard wants to shock us. what better way to do it that to put Jaina fighting her own undead brother in the next raid?

how big of a build was it, is it just those strings and icons or are there models in this one too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    - 8.3 November (although probably Classic will come at same time..),
    I believe Classic will be out at WoW's 15th Anniversary, the same as you suggested
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-28 at 06:21 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Database issues seem fixed and this theory is confirmed because this is what PTR folder looks like now.

https://marlamin.com/u/2018-09-28_19-24-47-9s9m45AW.png[/img]
    So lemme get this straight. Live, PTR, and Classic will all pull from the same data folder?

Doesn't that mean if they break something in one they break something in all 3?

Though I guess this does make it more likely Classic will be tied to your $15/month BFA sub, to make the expansion look better to investors. Also makes me really start to think Blizz is going to offer the ability to do paid transfers from Classic to Live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I believe Classic will be out at WoW's 15th Anniversary
    If 8.3 is November then I think we get Classic in March/April of the next year. When the content drought starts to hit Blizz can be like "sure you may be "done" with BFA, but now you can play Classic to hold you over until 9.0!"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I believe Classic will be out at WoW's 15th Anniversary
    Which is November (2019).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So lemme get this straight. Live, PTR, and Classic will all pull from the same data folder?

The data folder stuff is pretty robust and multiple versions of different files can be stored in there. Broken files for PTR won't affect broken files for Live (or classic). When none of those files are used by any of the clients they should be removed which keeps disk space low too. They already have tech to do that, just not sure it keeps in mind that there could be multiple clients just yet. Seeing how much stuff from Classic is still in the client (including old Stormwind) it only makes sense for them to try and share stuff like that. I'm hopeful this ships and Retail/PTR/Beta/Classic will all be using the same folder saving me a lot of disk space.

Exactly, that's why i agreed with you and replied to your answer. I completed my comment afterwards, sorry

"I believe Classic will be out at WoW's 15th Anniversary, the same as you suggested"

10+ Year Old Account
    The data folder stuff is pretty robust and multiple versions of different files can be stored in there. Broken files for PTR won't affect broken files for Live (or classic). When none of those files are used by any of the clients they should be removed which keeps disk space low too. They already have tech to do that, just not sure it keeps in mind that there could be multiple clients just yet. Seeing how much stuff from Classic is still in the client (including old Stormwind) it only makes sense for them to try and share stuff like that. I'm hopeful this ships and Retail/PTR/Beta/Classic will all be using the same folder saving me a lot of disk space.
    Huh interesting. Also Old Stormwind is still there? That takes me back to when 4.0.3 first dropped and people discovered that you could cheese into the New World early (since they didn't officially update the world until 4.0.3a) by just deleting OldWorld.mpq

Though I guess this does make it more likely Classic will be tied to your $15/month BFA sub, to make the expansion look better to investors. Also makes me really start to think Blizz is going to offer the ability to do paid transfers from Classic to Live.

- - - Updated - - -

If 8.3 is November then I think we get Classic in March/April of the next year. When the content drought starts to hit Blizz can be like "sure you may be "done" with BFA, but now you can play Classic to hold you over until 9.0!"
    Blizzard always had a big event planned for WoW's anniversaries every 5 years, that's why i think it is the best date for the launch.

5th Anniversary: Onyxia remade
    10th Anniversary: Temporary Molten Core Classic & Southshore vs. Tarren Mill Battleground
    15th Anniversary: Launch of Classic WoW ?

Huh interesting. Also Old Stormwind is still there?
    Yup!

(Warning, modelviewer link. Will load entirety of Old Stormwind. RIP FPS/bandwith etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup!

(Warning, modelviewer link. Will load entirety of Old Stormwind. RIP FPS/bandwith etc.)
    YOLO!
    /10chars

Yup!

EDIT: Looks like this is 3.x Stormwind (the old harbor is attached), but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Looks like this is 3.x Stormwind (the old harbor is attached), but yeah.
    Yeah it's the final version of Stormwind. Though I was sad I couldn't move the model around, I want to see my old old friend The Park again.

Also honestly the lag barely was noticed, I just had a half second freeze when it displayed initially.

It is neat, though, that they basically had Stormwind exist as a single model that you walked on.

Yeah it's the final version of Stormwind. Though I was sad I couldn't move the model around, I want to see my old old friend The Park again.

Also honestly the lag barely was noticed, I just had a half second freeze when it displayed initially.
    You can WASD and move around with mouse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring on the datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Bring on the datamining.
    There won't be -that- many. Not that much content from initial look over. Some new armor, a lot of (maybe placeholder) VO.

That actually makes a ton of sense.