Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Indeed! As if the alliance reputation isn't already enough weakling-like. Now also with a super weakling as their leader. It's horrible. Even more if you remember that their are leaders like Tyrande, Malfurion, or even just cool chars like Greymane, Velen, several cool dwarfs which's name I have forgotten, something with bronze and bearts... and so on and so fourth. You could actually just pick a random leader from the alliance and it would be better than Anduin. Sometimes I think blizzard character/story designers are somehow making some in game therapy for their real life trauma of some sort. It's cool too have some edges at the chars but that father-missing-weakling is really horrible. Aww my father died, and I am meant to be a king... as a priest... and oh cool an orc that could maybe adopt me, let's help him!
    Basically every faction leader on the Alliance is a better leader / potential king than Anduin is. But we have him and I fear we’re stuck with him for a long time.

Honestly I really wish Alliance and Horde would swap roles, we could need someone a bit more like Sylvanas and Horde could need someone a bit more like Anduin. But with both around this won’t happen, Sylvanas and Anduin are dragging both factions down.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    Ptr not up yet ?
    Hopefully tonight!

Indeed! As if the alliance reputation isn't already enough weakling-like. Now also with a super weakling as their leader. It's horrible. Even more if you remember that their are leaders like Tyrande, Malfurion, or even just cool chars like Greymane, Velen, several cool dwarfs which's name I have forgotten, something with bronze and bearts... and so on and so fourth. You could actually just pick a random leader from the alliance and it would be better than Anduin. Sometimes I think blizzard character/story designers are somehow making some in game therapy for their real life trauma of some sort. It's cool too have some edges at the chars but that father-missing-weakling is really horrible. Aww my father died, and I am meant to be a king... as a priest... and oh cool an orc that could maybe adopt me, let's help him!
    The thing is, if you are not a fascist you do not think that projecting strength is the way to be strong.
    Example, everyone knows that the UsA has the best military in the world, by far, only an insecure idiot would hold a military parade like the lesser armies do.

Anduin is not weak and the Alliance is not weak. That you play, and apparently identify, with a group of savages led and duped by genocidal maniacs every few expansions does not give you the right to judge the sane faction.

Anduin is the grown-up leader, sad but not surprised that many players do not get this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    The thing is, if you are not a fascist you do not think that projecting strength is the way to be strong.
    Example, everyone knows that the UsA has the best military in the world, by far, only an insecure idiot would hold a military parade like the lesser armies do.

Anduin is not weak and the Alliance is not weak. That you play, and apparently identify, with a group of savages led and duped by genocidal maniacs every few expansions does not give you the right to judge the sane faction.

Anduin is the grown-up leader, sad but not surprised that many players do not get this.
    I'm sorry but I'm playing alliance only

I don't think of strength in terms of physical strength. But in terms of mental strength and just an aura of dominance. Anduin is portrayed as a very sensitive teenager who doesn't know who he is and what he has to do.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

This is some exquisite, made up bs.

1. There’s nothing wrong with displaying your military power during parades. It keeps your enemies aware what you’re capable of and is some kind of passive protection mechanism.

2. The Alliance is not weak, Anduin is though. He’s insecure, he’s emotional, he’s idealistic. He’s incapable of doing the things that need to be done. Either Genn or Jaina would make better leaders. Even Velen would and he’s the epitome of pacifist.

3. Sylvanas / Garrosh are bad examples. The Horde has fierce leaders that would represent the overall themes of the Horde much better.

4. Anduin is everything but grown-up. He’s a child, a crybaby. That’s exactly what he is, his character development has been stuck for a long time. Riding into the battle in Lordaeron (he would have lost without Jaina‘a surprise support) doesn’t make him an adult, brave or a hero.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-08-02 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Wrathion, holding the Hammer of Khaz'goroth: "Aspects! ...Assemble."

Could be a callback to the time female BEs had undersized shoulders and 2h weapons.
    naah sylvanas needs to be the one to do that not wrathion. "For ...AZEROTH!"
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I'm playing alliance only

I don't think of strength in terms of physical strength. But in terms of mental strength and just an aura of dominance. Anduin is portrayed as a very sensitive teenager who doesn't know who he is and what he has to do.
    Then you prefer more aggressive and authoritarian characters. Anduin is not that, he's noble and far more compassionate then Varian was and thats not a bad thing. Anduin of MoP is not the same Anduin we know right now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then you prefer more aggressive and authoritarian characters. Anduin is not that, he's noble and far more compassionate then Varian was and thats not a bad thing. Anduin of MoP is not the same Anduin we know right now.
    Ok. Maybe you are auto assuming a bit too much of my personal preferences on video game faction leaders.
    It's okay if you think he is a good character. But in a war campaign would you prefer a tough veteran who still acts intelligent or a insecure teenager who might be intelligent. I don't know why intelligence and a secure and sane form of confidence and dominance can't be in one character. Why does an intelligent leader need to be so insecure and sensitive?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

That you play, and apparently identify, with a group of savages led and duped by genocidal maniacs every few expansions
    Not to disagree with the rest of your post, which was spot on, I personally play Horde not because of the genocidal maniacs like Blackhand, Gul'dan, Garrosh or Sylvanas, but because (Thrall's) Horde has overcome these maniacs and their legacy, despite setbacks/regressions. Although I blame that less on the writers' grand plan than on certain fans' constant, er, 'requests' to "make Warcraft about Humans vs Orcs again", because they either want to play as the "evil ones", or against the "evil faction".

I started in WC3, and there and in WoW Vanilla, the Orcs very much reminded me of my homeland, which not that long ago suffered from genocidal maniacs waging war against the rest of the world, elevating the nations that allied against them to the status of "the good ones" (Humans are among the better ones, but are capable of questionable acts as well) by showing a far worse option. Once these were defeated, my nation learned how to live with, to denounce but not forget its past, had an economic growth bolstered by determination (Durotar, thriving in the desert) and through tjis quickly became a major power again.
    If only the similarities hadn't stopped there.. In recent times, the Horde leaders rather reminded of those of a certain other nation ("We have forgotten what makes us strong")
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-08-02 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Maybe you are auto assuming a bit too much of my personal preferences on video game faction leaders.
    It's okay if you think he is a good character. But in a war campaign would you prefer a tough veteran who still acts intelligent or a insecure teenager who might be intelligent. I don't know why intelligence and a secure and sane form of confidence and dominance can't be in one character. Why does an intelligent leader need to be so insecure and sensitive?
    Varian didn't always act with intelligence, he let his anger speak for him a lot and hell hurt his son(Once but that was when he learned he had to control it). Anduin isn't the type of character to act impulsively or decide to attack the Horde in the middle of the Undercity(See post Wrathgate despite the fact in terms of tactics it would be super dumb while Arthas was still being evil).

Compared to Sylvanas who is experienced but her goals are pretty much staying alive(Unliving?). She's also good at behind the scenes and probably everything Anduin is not. While she is confident.....she expect loyalty like any other and never to question her. Also she's a fan favorite, kinda easy to just put her in the spotlight. No I don't think they're killing her off.

This post may age badly because of that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is some exquisite, made up bs.
    Well, that's a pretty good description of your post, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Jaina
    Are you really sure about that?

She spoke out against attacking the horde when they were pretty vulnerable after BoD because "we are not sylvanas!" and "The zandalari mourn their king!" as if those things are of any importance.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-02 at 02:14 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Are you really sure about that?

She spoke out against attacking the horde when they were pretty vulnerable after BoD because "we are not sylvanas!" and "The zandalari mourn their king!" as if those things are of any importance.
    Jaina learned her lessons and had a convincing character progression/development over the course of the expansions. Something Anduin is lacking completely. When he steps into the bad boy territory and redeems himself we can talk again. As long as he’s the sweet summer child and acts like that he’ll make neither a good leader nor a good king.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Hopefully tonight!
    Is there a reason why it is not online now? Not familiar with how these things work. Seems to me that ptr is ready and servers just have to be clicked on o.0

Is there a reason why it is not online now? Not familiar with how these things work. Seems to me that ptr is ready and servers just have to be clicked on o.0
    Something likely made maintenance take longer than they initially expected and they decided to call it a day. Might come up today or if the problem is significant sometime early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Something likely made maintenance take longer than they initially expected and they decided to call it a day. Might come up today or if the problem is significant sometime early next week.
    This build is cursed! (Worgen cursed)

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Worgen males have some brand new faces that have normal, non-glowing eyes, with scars

MY GOD!!!

It's what I've always wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Marlamin, myself and WoWhead both agree it is a PH.
    That won't stop the usual screechers from throwing hissy fits.
    Why should it? It's the only fun they get to have...

- - - Updated - - -

This build is cursed! (Worgen cursed)
    I like what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    MY GOD!!!

It's what I've always wanted.
    There is also a blue ordinary eye option, without scars, but with a different snout

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    There is also a blue ordinary eye option, without scars, but with a different snout

That is just beyond gorgeous. The eyes have such life to them!
    Now I really want cross-faction guilds/instances... Not being able to play Worgen all the time will be heartbreaking! T.T

Why do so many people think the only way for Anduin to become interesting is for him to turn villainous?