Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Back to topic, ok: 8.2.5 live in September. Fight me.
    What else remains to be tested, except heritage armor questlines?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

8.2.5 isn't coming until October at the earliest. We've had one build to the server and it's only been two weeks and there's barely anything on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking at "some of the new content" dev notes they put out for 8.2.5 PTR. None of those features require heavy testing imo before hitting live. Reason I say this because stuff like a buggy model honestly doesn't hinder them from releasing on their internal schedule they have (as sad as that is, it's the reality), and I can already see things like party sync/timewalking/bees/ etc being hot fixed on once released.

Basically what I'm saying is unless there's some heavy content coming as part of 8.2.5 PTR it may release end of SEPT/beginning of OCT. They've been awfully quiet about build fixes to 8.2.5 (aka not much movement) and a lot of stuff is encrypted (aka story stuff).

I don't believe there will be a lot to test in this patch, and if there were stuff that required testing I don't think they would delay releasing it. Either Way, patch 8.2.5 will come out before Blizzcon for sure.

Yeah I was mainly opposing recent comments (I think in this thread) that it would only come in October, or even not before BlizzCon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I also believe they're being quiet on it as they prepare for Classic Launch. Just about 2 weeks left before Classic hits. Most, if not all, news will be targeted to Classic right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was mainly opposing recent comments (I think in this thread) that it would only come in October, or even not before BlizzCon.
    I'm just curious on if all the encryption and secrecy in this patch is because it has some major revelation or will it end up being what's most expected and unsurprising (aka the "luster" of the cinematic at end of Ashzara's EP) and proves again that some posters here have better theories than what actually comes to light.

- - - Updated - - -

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-08-13 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removed irrelevant context.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I also believe they're being quiet on it as they prepare for Classic Launch. Just about 2 weeks left before Classic hits. Most, if not all, news will be targeted to Classic right now.
    I dont think theres much to reveal about classic, we got the names yesterday, all that is left is the launch.

They will have a lot of stuff to work on in november, so I reckon late october is the deadline for the patch. They need to have it up before anniversary week and first week is blizzcon, not much time there.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-08-13 at 03:07 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    8.2.5 isn't coming until October at the earliest. We've had one build to the server and it's only been two weeks and there's barely anything on it.
    (Actually we've had 2 but yeah) And the patch isn't big, it doesn't require 2+ months of testing.

Also isn't August when they reveal the Blizzcon schedule usually or is it the key art?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-08-13 at 03:53 PM.

8.2.5 will bring the new stuff for the Brewfest, soooo it will be out before that for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I dont think theres much to reveal about classic, we got the names yesterday, all that is left is the launch.
    It's not about revealing anything. It's just to hype its release. This means other than possibly a new build coming this week or next for BFA. There won't be much BFA news incoming these next 13 days (outside hotfix like things etc).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    8.2.5 will bring the new stuff for the Brewfest, soooo it will be out before that for sure.
    That was 8.2.

September for 8.2.5 is almost certain, that why patch is so content light. Especially if 15 anniversary will start on 1st October (haven't check second build, did they keep it on calendar?). And most likely some datamined models are for 8.3 content.

I think less people will agree with 8.3 date. My bet is October PTR, December live and January start of season 4. I think there will be reveal stream and they'll talk about Blizzcon and virtual ticket rewards at the same time.

I have crazy theory about this - what if last year was big test and they'll release 9.0 demo for virtual ticket holders? it could be something very small, for example part of starting zone of new class. Imagine how it would increase the sell.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It's not about revealing anything. It's just to hype its release. This means other than possibly a new build coming this week or next for BFA. There won't be much BFA news incoming these next 13 days (outside hotfix like things etc).
    My guess is that they will shift their focus mid to late September. That's why I expect 8.3 reveal, it must be something big, 15th anniversary alone won't make people hyped for retail again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That was 8.2.

September for 8.2.5 is almost certain, that why patch is so content light. Especially if 15 anniversary will start on 1st October (haven't check second build, did they keep it on calendar?).
    Oh really was it? I thought it was there in 8.2 but not entirely. Damn, then it could be anytime.

If the Durotar Warfront is in 8.3 instead of 8.2.5, doesn't that imply that the patch is Faction War Finale and not actually Nyalotha or anything like that?

It could very well be a Durotar Warfront and Siege of /Assault on Stormwind raid (with Durotar and Elwynn revamps, as well as maybe city updates).

It's not as ambitious as Nyalotha or Dragon Isles in some ways (fitting the general "filler" vibe of BFA) but revamping the capitals could be a popular update.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever it happens, the new portal rooms feel like a hint that the rest of the capitals will be updated to match.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-08-13 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I presume more info will come soon. I probably am not gonna assume much. Could be anything at this point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Back to topic, ok: 8.2.5 live in September. Fight me.
    I say October 1st or 8th, sorry.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I say October 1st or 8th, sorry.
    2 months for a patch so small, why.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I thought it was there in 8.2 but not entirely. Damn
    And here I thought, according to you, that you were the patch and lore master.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    2 months for a patch so small, why.
    Because there’s more to it than what we’ve seen in the first build.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    nope not happening fahrad

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Still has to be out in time for Brewfest.
    Brewfest content is already in 8.2.
    Whatever...