Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I think because there was a lot of teasing of set-ups in this patch. The "true Battle of Azeroth", the stuff in the War Campaign ending, Tyrande being absent (this is a huge one upcoming for Alliance).

Tyrande will be the new "warmonger" watch. It might even be why "faction unification" happens as in, probably story-wise the two greater factions (Horde/Alliance) get so consumed by doing their own thing (Night Elves wanting vengeance, Forsaken without a leader/home, Calia being spoken of bringing hope to ppl, Orgrimmar without a Warchief, etc).

Like what it could be is, gameplay wise you can play / do quests/instances with whoever because story-wise "The War is Over" and right now many of the separate groups are tending to their wounded/re-building and so "accept aid" from whoever (aka the player by doing quests).

So it's not strictly "factions are all buddy buddy" but that us the players become essentially free-agents.

Although this is probably doubtful because then it changes a lot of the quests in past content (unless Blizzard doesn't give a shit like they don't with new races/classes experiencing old content).

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands (the place) could be a thing we go to in 8.3 because imo I think the bit from the Sylvanas loyalist thing "all will be revealed when you see me next" (or some shit like that PARAPHRASING) looks like a future setup - either for next expac or another time.

Shadowlands (the leak) is full of shit.
    I edited cause i don't want to be too daring, but yeah, that makes sense to me. It would be much like Argus with 4 small zones instead of 3.
    I did think that the shadowlands didn't fit the regular type of landmass that Blizzard does for xpacs. It would be like being in the Firelands on Deepholm for a full xpac. I don't think that's something they'd do. But for a big patch is seems to be a perfect fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    My thoughts after seeing the cinematic.

If N’zoth was smart he’d let the Alliance and Horde grow soft before executing his plan. Sylvanas said it in the opening BFA cinematic, the cycle of hatred is what makes them strong.

Breaking that cycle will be their undoing.

If there is a time skip of let’s say 10 years of peace next expansion, it could explain the level squish.
    Not really, fighting and ignoring the other things that endanger Azeroth is what makes them vulnerable. The Strength comes from fighting so much and determined to fight for their world. Sylvanas just can't see past death. When you got things that don't care about petty skirmishes...its foolish to fight and get distracted by something else.

Would be cool if a being like Algalon succeeded in re originating Azeroth tbh, especially if it would result in a completely new world to explore.
    We'd all be dead, I don't think thats a good thing, making reorgination focus on a specific spot is actually a clever idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    My thoughts after seeing the cinematic.

If N’zoth was smart he’d let the Alliance and Horde grow soft before executing his plan. Sylvanas said it in the opening BFA cinematic, the cycle of hatred is what makes them strong.

Breaking that cycle will be their undoing.

If there is a time skip of let’s say 10 years of peace next expansion, it could explain the level squish.
    You do realise that that is illogical and she is wrong right? If there were no faction wars, both factions would have many time the forces and resources from structures of the cities that got destroyed.

She is crazy. Stop taking her words as gospel. She only cares about where she is gonna end up when completely dead and making it cozy for herself. She doesn't care about the living. Whatever is going on in the shadowlands is what concerns her. It's a completely selfish view.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really, fighting and ignoring the other things that endanger Azeroth is what makes them vulnerable. The Strength comes from fighting so much and determined to fight for their world. Sylvanas just can't see past death. When you got things that don't care about petty skirmishes...its foolish to fight and get distracted by something else.

We'd all be dead, I don't think thats a good thing, making reorgination focus on a specific spot is actually a clever idea.
    It reminds me of this meme

Going with: N'Zoth goes to Silithus for direct access to the world soul through the wound, we fight him to 1% or whatever, Sylv has some shenanigans either through him dying or the Blade of the Black Empire and gains control of him/his power. She uses that to go try to take control of the Shadowlands so she's in charge instead of it being an eternity of torment when she dies. Now we have to follow her there and stop her from controlling death cause we're all going to die eventually and we really don't want her in charge. And Tinkers because.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It was. Did you just blaze through picking up and turning in quests and so not get all the dialogue between people?
    I did spend my time there and got some of the dialogue, if not all.

The dialogue was nice, but the questline felt like padding.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Were the updated Durotar models ever used?

If not, then I suspect 8.3 will involve N'zoth wrecking landmasses to prepare for a world revamp.
    The rocks were, not sure about the cliff things, will need to keep an eye out for those when I play through it.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I'm at Snug Harbor Inn and there's dialogue after the War Campaign ending (similar to Orgrimmar NPCs)

Inside Snug Harbor Inn
    7th Legion Marine says: Another round! *hic* I can finally go home and see my family!

Proudmoore Guard says: Ah, an' here I thought you Stormwind folk were too uptight to enjoy a stiff drink!

7th Legion Marine says: It's time for a celebration. The Banshee Queen's reign is over, and the war soon to follow.

Proudmoore Guard says: Hear, hear! To home and family!
    Don't where this one was coming from, but in Boralus
    7th Legion Marine says: Just received new orders. We're to begin scaling back on our war efforts.

7th Legion Marine (other) says: For now. How long before we ramp them up again? You know we will eventually.

7th Legion Marine says: Undoubtedly. But for now, let's give our soldiers some much deserved leave.

7th Legion Marine (other) says: They'll need it. These ceasefires with the Horde... they never last.
    It is almost very "on the nose" that Blizzard is "yeah yeah 'peace' we'll all go back to fighting at the next weekly reset."

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they're selfaware of how things are. Its another one of those Crossroads moments...

I'm still skeptical the faction conflict will be done forever and ever. It might be forgotten for maybe 5 years(In earth years not Azeroth years . Better to be self aware then super oblivious. Also gotta say.... I have a VERY hard time beleiving Sylvanas will make N'zoth serve death or whatever. Not for a god damn minute.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    So I'm at Snug Harbor Inn and there's dialogue after the War Campaign ending (similar to Orgrimmar NPCs)

It is almost very "on the nose" that Blizzard is "yeah yeah 'peace' we'll all go back to fighting at the next weekly reset."

I was about to post the same lines, but saw you posted them... now I just saw the following.

Tradewinds Dockworker: Fewer and fewer ships heading out to sea as of late. It's not safe out on the tides.
    Boralus Citizen: I've heard much the same. Strange tales, whispers over the water, shadows in the depths.
    Tradewinds Dockworker: Ill omens all around. There's a storm coming, mark my words.

Is this new as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I was about to post the same lines, but saw you posted them... now I just saw the following.

Tradewinds Dockworker: Fewer and fewer ships heading out to sea as of late. It's not safe out on the tides.
    Boralus Citizen: I've heard much the same. Strange tales, whispers over the water, shadows in the depths.
    Tradewinds Dockworker: Ill omens all around. There's a storm coming, mark my words.

Is this new as well?
    Yes.

And there's some night elf dialogue in the harbor as well, talking about night warrior and Tyrande's whereabouts.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post

Is this new as well?
    Sorry no idea :/ I just noticed the two sets because I saw the NPCs inside Snug Harbor, then the other soldiers are obviously mentioning the War Campaign conclusion.

It seems a way to test this would be to go on a character that hasn't completed the War Campaign (as I believe these changes only happen post-War Campaign ending).

I only have 1 120 though so I wouldn't be able to tell :X rest of my characters are 110 or lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Dope, thanks for confirming DeicideUH!

Really hoping all this new random NPC dialogue referring to current events is a feature for all patches in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like these small stuff npcs talk about. Really helps with the feeling that stuff actually happened instead of just us witnessing it.

Warrior-Magi

Soooo, what if N'zoth will end up as our ally (at least for some time)?
    In the Nazjatar patch he had a line "It grows hungrier...bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed."+"I alone can save you from what is to come."
    Sounds pretty likely he meant the unknown death entity, that made Sylavanas warchief and which she is serving right now.
    And with his line "All eyes shall be opened" he is actually talking about opening our eyes to the true threat we are all facing right now, the powerful death god.

Sylvanas thinks she outsmarted n'zoth into thinking the factions are weak now and attacking us, and from that war he and we will be weak enough that the death entity can easily kill us all, but n'zoth is smart enough to not fight us, now that hes free, but to make us attack said death entity.

Will probably create a seperate threat for this
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-09-25 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    In the Nazjatar patch he had a line "It grows hungrier...bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed."+"I alone can save you from what is to come."
    Sounds pretty likely he meant the unknown death entity, that made Sylavanas warchief and which she is serving right now.
    And with his line "All eyes shall be opened" he is actually talking about opening our eyes to the true threat we are all facing right now, the powerful death god.

Sylvanas thinks she outsmarted n'zoth into thinking the factions are weak now and attacking us, and from that war he and we will be weak enough that the death entity can easily kill us all, but n'zoth is smart enough to not fight us, now that hes free, but to make us attack said death entity.

I wouldn't be surprised by this, it would just be a way larger scale version of us freeing Gul'dan in order to stop the Iron Horde when they were using him to power the portal. It will all come down to what is more important at the time. Maybe he is the final raid boss of the expac but the fight is interrupted in a way that we have to stop fighting him and let him help us?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post

that would be one of the good points of this mess, N'zoth playing sylvanas and the death god while they try to play N'zoth.

Apparently the light has made a bargain with the death, so it will be death+light x the mortals x the void

or they go even beyond that, with the six tables, the arcane(titans) is lost the fel(burning legion) is lost, the rest will try to consume all while the mortals fight then and each other, that would be epic, but i don't rly trust then to writing this.

i gotta say, i really liked a couple points of that last cinematic.

when sylvanas merks saurfang, the tone with which she says "if you could see yourselves as i see you" was legit, and i wish she spoke with that tone more often. that biting disgust, resentment. but it is a bit ruined by her slipping back into her more regal tone for the kinda cringey "toy soldiers" spiel. she gets back to it for a split second when she says "savor it." very flatly, i only wish the "nothing lasts" would have kept the same flat tone.

basically, she needs to speak in a flatter tone, with a hint of disgust. lose the cringey little mocking titles for people(boy king, little lion, all that kind of lame shit), speak plainly and to the point.

To me it still looks like Sylvanas is the final boss. This was Blizzards last chance to believably change the course into N'zoth proper, and given that we didnt see anything of him beyond brief mentions tells me that Sylvanas escaping will lead to a raid with her as a boss in the final raid. After all, she is no longer part of the Horde, so she is no longer Garrosh.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Really hoping all this new random NPC dialogue referring to current events is a feature for all patches in future.
    Yeah that's pretty cool, would also love it if certain parts of the world evolved a bit as well where it makes sense