Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    If people could STOP spreading this lie that would be great. It was a question what would people think about a level squish NOT level squish is coming! thoughts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I always find that question funny, "hey did you KNOW 120 WILL BE squished in the future?"

No one: ...
    Everyone: WTF?!?@

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope so although 10.0 would have fit that better. But the 15th Anniversary does this too.
    I think it's honestly less about timing, though the anniversary certainly fits, and more this has to be done. There's too many vestigial organs, too many changes that have been made, too little reward, and too much time required in the leveling process right now. And sure the, psh, 2-3 million still subbed probably just buy a boost, the game quite frankly is scaring new or returning players off at this point rather than inviting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    where those speculations of reboot of wow even came from? are there any clues or is it just because one of popular "leaks" mentioned it ?
    It's a lot of stuff feeding in at this point. It started with the survey mentioning a level squish, then we threw into the pot Ion's comments about wanting to make leveling feel more rewarding (and as part of that undo some of the prune), then the fact that the Warfronts have slowly been giving Blizzard more and more assets with which to do a world revamp, and now the idea of a "faction barrier reduction" is coming on strong thanks to stuff in 8.2.5.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The one thing that makes me unsure the leveling process will be revamped: wouldn't it be a waste of their efforts in scaling Outlands/Northrend/Cata Endgame Zones/MOP?

I can see them revamping the EK/Kalimdor leveling experience entirely, but I'm not sure about the ones I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it's honestly less about timing, though the anniversary certainly fits, and more this has to be done. There's too many vestigial organs, too many changes that have been made, too little reward, and too much time required in the leveling process right now. And sure the, psh, 2-3 million still subbed probably just buy a boost, the game quite frankly is scaring new or returning players off at this point rather than inviting them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a lot of stuff feeding in at this point. It started with the survey mentioning a level squish, then we threw into the pot Ion's comments about wanting to make leveling feel more rewarding (and as part of that undo some of the prune), then the fact that the Warfronts have slowly been giving Blizzard more and more assets with which to do a world revamp, and now the idea of a "faction barrier reduction" is coming on strong thanks to stuff in 8.2.5.
    It's nmot really that levelling takes too long, per se. It's that levelling feels unrewarding, as your reward for hitting a new levelling bracket is just a slightly improved questing experience (except when you get to 61, where the questing takes a steep drop in quality)

A level squish to 60, coupled with either a new talent system, or even just a system similar to Artifact weapons where you gradually gain your full arsenal one level at a time could do wonders for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Tbf cata was a massive mistake.
    True. Most of that was because they used the expansion as justification for physically changing the terrain and features of zones.
    An MMO should just evolve naturally, meaning quests and story lines change as time goes on. Terrain evolves as well, but not that drastically all at one time normally, unless something extreme happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that makes me unsure the leveling process will be revamped: wouldn't it be a waste of their efforts in scaling Outlands/Northrend/Cata Endgame Zones/MOP?

I can see them revamping the EK/Kalimdor leveling experience entirely, but I'm not sure about the ones I mentioned.
    That's why I think they will revamp the actual process and why I'm calling it Soft Reboot and not just World Revamp.

I think they're gonna take those old expansions, stick 'em in the Caverns of time, and say "You can go do these if you want, here's their level ranges, but you can also just go all the way to the new cap using EK/Kalimdor/Maybe Norhtrend if this is a Sylvanas expansion."

The way i could see a level revamp/world revamp working is that Blizzard updates EK/Kalimdor, and makes it so you only have ot level in those zones, and whatever the new zones are. All the older zones are still there, but not as a required part of the levelling experience, but more for those who either want to spice up their alt levelling, or want to level through them again for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I always find that question funny, "hey did you KNOW 120 WILL BE squished in the future?"

No one: ...
    Everyone: WTF?!?@
    Well, i was more "No, because you never even hinted at that?"

At this point I feel Some of the Cata end game zones will be reworked, but Deepholm and Vash-ir probably don’t need to be, as long as they are redoing K/EK.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, i was more "No, because you never even hinted at that?"
    Yeah whoever made that question really messed up and caught some flack for it.

Like others are talking about, a level squish might tie into some sort of revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    That'd be great. I'd love a few weeks of no PTR activity.
    That reminds me, I was gonna ask you, is everything that is supposed to be known *known* already in game?, as in; VO, Quests, etc.
    Outside of the probably still encrypted Sylvmurloc & Blizzcon goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah whoever made that question really messed up and caught some flack for it.

Like others are talking about, a level squish might tie into some sort of revamp.
    It's also possible they worded it like that to test how the community would react if we thought it was a done deal.

Honestly I hope that next expansion (or any expansion) is NOT about the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands are a darker version of the Emerald Dream. Blizzard stated that it would not make sense to make an expansion about the Dream because there are not many differences between the zones, there are no factions, not many characters... The same would apply to the Shadowlands.

Honestly, for me, an expansion focused in another plane of existence has 0 attractive. I want to be in the real world.

A world revamp needs to happen, with the assets and tech that they have now there are no excuses. I honestly feel that the game needs a new start, in zones, leveling, systems, story, and is the perfect chance to do that.

I do not see the problems of Cataclysm in today's WoW. Just make the old zones accessible through the Caverns of Time. Do you want to level there? Do you want to get old achievements, mounts, pets or transmogs? You can do it. But you can also level a new or an old character in the revamped world. Just make a good use of the scaling tech and all the new zones could be evergreen content.

And there is 0 need of revamping Northrend, Pandaria and the rest at the same time. Is a new map, just revamp some zones of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, mix some of them to make them more different, add new zones with patches and expansions. How cool would be that? I want to see the world evolve, not dying with every new expansion.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That reminds me, I was gonna ask you, is everything that is supposed to be known *known* already in game?, as in; VO, Quests, etc.
    Outside of the probably still encrypted Sylvmurloc & Blizzcon goodies?
    In one of the builds "Level 120 boost" string was found. I think not only Blizzcon stuff, but also pre-order rewards (which may include new races) are already in 8.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    WOW 9.0 aint gonna happen at Blizzcon
    Still thinking they'd rather show 8.3 (if it exists) than 9.0 at Blizzcon? That's pretty funny!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In one of the builds "Level 120 boost" string was found. I think not only Blizzcon stuff, but also pre-order rewards (which may include new races) are already in 8.2.5.
    I dunno about races. The pre-order ones for BFA weren't in until 8.3.5 even though BFA pre-orders went up in 8.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    where those speculations of reboot of wow even came from? are there any clues or is it just because one of popular "leaks" mentioned it ?
    The WoW we play now is 9 years old (past Cataclysm). Most mechanics and many parts of the gameplay are outdated and need an update. I don't think there will be a reboot but WoW needs some kind of rejuvenation.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if Classic subs increased sub numbers by ~ 223% as estimated the situation for retail is way worse than I expected. I blame mostly BfA for this though because Legion proved to be highly successful.

They must do something big for 9.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about races. The pre-order ones for BFA weren't in until 8.3.5 even though BFA pre-orders went up in 8.2.5.
    ...wut?

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The WoW we play now is 9 years old (past Cataclysm). Most mechanics and many parts of the gameplay are outdated and need an update. I don't think there will be a reboot but WoW needs some kind of rejuvenation.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if Classic subs increased sub numbers by ~ 223% as estimated the situation for retail is way worse than I expected. I blame mostly BfA for this though because Legion proved to be highly successful.

They must do something big for 9.0.
    If you're basing this off Classic, you should say they must do something big for 10.0.

Classic exploded in, liberally, May 2019 (more realistically probably not until August). 9.0 likely had its features locked down back in 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    ...wut?

/10char
    Oh huh 7.3 had already come out.

Okay I was off half a patch. Either way the point stands that just because 9.0 pre-orders go up November 3rd, including the 120 boost, that doesn't mean "pre-order races" are among the encrypted files of 8.2.5.