Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm fully expecting large changes in 9.0, not only because of story beats in BFA but because of how it lacks really big features (which implies the workload was shifted for the next expansion: see WoD vs Legion).
    The question is, was it really shifted towards 9.0 or did Blizzard just think they could get away with a minimal effort expansion when it comes to features/innovation/game design?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The question is, was it really shifted towards 9.0 or did Blizzard just think they could get away with a minimal effort expansion when it comes to features/innovation/game design?
    I think it's honestly both. They may have gotten away with a lazy expansion too if they hadn't screwed up in other aspects like a polarizing story that took months to continue.

This isn't WOD tier where people were scared the game was actually dead, but they are still aware that they have to gain a lot of good will back. I am sure that 9.0 will have a lot of "big" content BFA lacked.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-09-28 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

WITH SOME DOPE ASS EGYPTIAN/OLD GOD ESQUE ARMOR!
    Definitely possible if done right, but would only work if the final zone (whatever it may be called) was a former titan facility since corrupted by N'zoth as egyptian motifs are associated with titan constructs in southern kalimdor (Ahn'Qiraj and Uldum).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would argue that announcing 8.3 before Blizzcon might actually be a bad move unless we are talking within the next weeks.

9.0, regardless of what it promises will very quickly fade into the background as BfA trudges along, it won't really come back into active consciousness until the Alpha betamining starts.
    8.3 is the main point of interest in the near future, and Blizz should be smart enough to know that.

The ideal setup for Blizzcon regarding WoW would be a big cinematic for the enxt expansion, maybe a gameplay trailer before taking it a st5ep back and talking about 8.3 and how we end up in 9.0. We would then get a 9.0 deep dive panel and a 8.3 next in WoW panel.
    I would disagree, announcing both at the same time would deprive Blizzard of a marketing opportunity to hype their playerbase.

It would lead to 9.0 overshadowing 8.3 as an expansion will always trump a patch.

And it would likely lead to news on both 8.3 and 9.0 getting truncated as the WoW panels attempted to accommodate both within a timeframe that is usually focused either on an expansion or patches, never both together.

We do have precedent where a final expansion patch has been in the testing phase when the next expansion has been announced, I believe both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria were announced when 3.3 and 4.3 were being tested.

I think it's honestly both. They may have gotten away with a lazy expansion too if they hadn't screwed up in other aspects like a polarizing story that took months to continue.

This isn't WOD tier where people were scared the game was actually dead, but they are still aware that they have to gain a lot of good will back. I am sure that 9.0 will have a lot of "big" content BFA lacked.
    It's not so much that BfA lacked big new content. It's that the big content they offered fell completely flat and they had to abandon it: island expeditions and warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That reminds me, I was gonna ask you, is everything that is supposed to be known *known* already in game?, as in; VO, Quests, etc.
    Outside of the probably still encrypted Sylvmurloc & Blizzcon goodies?
    A bunch of files from both 8.2.5 and earlier patches are still encrypted, a list:

8.1.5:
    Key 245 - Alpaca mount
    Key 246 - Unknown model with Raptor pet sounds

8.2.0:
    Key 249 - Unknown model
    Key 251 - Unknown model
    Key 252 - 2 baby Murlocs
    Key 255 - Lots of models, maybe item set or cosmetic item? BlizzCon?

8.2.5:
    Key 259 - Unknown model with Felbat sounds
    Key 267 - Bunch of models of which 3 are creatures, related to this guy (image is missing 3d armor pieces)
    Key 273 - Lots of models, maybe another item set or cosmetic item? Winter Veil?
    Key 275 - Encrypted database entries, probably a toy/achievement of some sorts

So still a bunch of stuff to go, not necessarily any story, though. Maybe Key 267 is story related but not entirely sure.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-09-28 at 10:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A bunch of files from both 8.2.5 and earlier patches are still encrypted, a list:

8.1.5:
    Key 245 - Alpaca mount
    Key 246 - Unknown model with Raptor pet sounds

8.2.0:
    Key 249 - Unknown model
    Key 251 - Unknown model
    Key 252 - 2 baby Murlocs
    Key 255 - Lots of models, maybe item set or cosmetic item? BlizzCon?

8.2.5:
    Key 259 - Unknown model with Felbat sounds
    Key 267 - Bunch of models of which 3 are creatures, related to this guy (image is missing 3d armor pieces)
    Key 273 - Lots of models, maybe another item set or cosmetic item?
    Key 275 - Encrypted database entries, probably a toy/achievement of some sorts

So still a bunch of stuff to go, not necessarily any story, though. Maybe Key 267 is story related but not entirely sure.
    Bet a lot are some of the remaining Allied Races stuffs/9.0 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Gotcha. But not anything that would scream like :''BIG QUESTLINE GOES HERE?'' or impossible to know?

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Bet a lot are some of the remaining Allied Races stuffs/9.0 content.
    Wouldn't count on it. There's 4 still unused keys added in late 8.2.5 PTR that might end up being used for stuff like that in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Gotcha. But not anything that would scream like :''BIG QUESTLINE GOES HERE?'' or impossible to know?
    Definitely nothing similar to the Orgrimmar stuff or anything that has VO (as far as I can see), no.

I'm amazed I haven't seen the kul tiran in golden robes before. That's kind of a big spoiler the last patch is Titan related isn't it?

Silithus sounds likely now.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed I haven't seen the kul tiran in golden robes before. That's kind of a big spoiler the last patch is Titan related isn't it?

Silithus sounds likely now.
    Is it possible that some models are added but never used/scrapped?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    A race targeting a certain subculture (furrys) isn't really "insanely popular". I for one have never really seen anyone outside from here, hoping for Vulpera. Not on my servers, guild, any of my discords or somewhere else. I think your perception of them being popular is more something in your bubble. Just like mine makes it seem for me as if people actually care if publishers rip them off or not
    They aren't even targeting furries with Vulpera. That's just a dumbshit conspiracy that keeps getting regurgitated by morons that can't separate anthropomorphic animals (a concept that's literally existed for millennium) from furries.

You're right though, their popularity is overblown.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2019-09-28 at 11:16 PM.

They will drop big bomb and announce ogres at blizzcon.

Btw. Rexxar got new model in this expansion and they didn't add him to at least one cinematic.. Also he didn't even have any text or anything at the end of war campaign questline.. What a waste.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2019-09-29 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    They will drop big bomb and announce ogres at blizzcon.

Btw. Rexxar got new model in this expansion and they didn't add him to at least one cinematic.. Also he didn't even have any text or anything at the end of war campaign questline.. What a waste.
    I’m all for Ogres, they’d probably use a Kul’tiran model

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't buy that Shadowlands idea.

For example the legion was an expanding thread and totally worth some expansions.
    What's the thread in the Shadowlands? What benefit would that evils have to leave it? No matter what I come up with in my head I just end up "meh"

I think the next xpac will roll to old gods really. With a total awakening of the old gods powers. Invasions on azeroth and so on
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I really don't buy that Shadowlands idea.

For example the legion was an expanding thread and totally worth some expansions.
    What's the thread in the Shadowlands? What benefit would that evils have to leave it? No matter what I come up with in my head I just end up "meh"

I think the next xpac will roll to old gods really. With a total awakening of the old gods powers. Invasions on azeroth and so on
    Shadowlands are most likely product of fantasy of Pyromancer or someone similar. But so far most likely scenario is N'zoth for 8.3 and some kind of 'Death' expansion in 9.0.

We have Bwomsandi: his boss, his pact with Talanji, Lich King: he is more active since Legion and his daughter became important character, Sylvanas: duh, Voljin: stuck between life and death, Drust & Thros lore in BfA, Helya-not-so-dead... it's simply too much to ignore.

If I have to guess, for expansion continent I would pick Dragon Isles + area north of Stratholme (with Stratholme as new city for expansion).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Shadowlands are most likely product of fantasy of Pyromancer or someone similar. But so far most likely scenario is N'zoth for 8.3 and some kind of 'Death' expansion in 9.0.

We have Bwomsandi: his boss, his pact with Talanji, Lich King: he is more active since Legion and his daughter became important character, Sylvanas: duh, Voljin: stuck between life and death, Drust & Thros lore in BfA, Helya-not-so-dead... it's simply too much to ignore.

If I have to guess, for expansion continent I would pick Dragon Isles + area north of Stratholme (with Stratholme as new city for expansion).
    I think Bwondamdi is more of a side story for the horde specifically for this xpac. Similar to the drust for the alliance. It's nice fantasy but I doubt that this is an indication for a Shadowlands/death expansion. Ofc we're all just guessing so yeah, my doubt could be just wrong ^^
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I think Bwondamdi is more of a side story for the horde specifically for this xpac. Similar to the drust for the alliance. It's nice fantasy but I doubt that this is an indication for a Shadowlands/death expansion. Ofc we're all just guessing so yeah, my doubt could be just wrong ^^
    Alone - maybe. But I don't think it's coincidence that we have all these threads: Bwomsandi, Drust, Bolvar, Sylvanas, Helya, Voljin last two expansions (and most of them from BfA).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Alone - maybe. But I don't think it's coincidence that we have all these threads: Bwomsandi, Drust, Bolvar, Sylvanas, Helya, Voljin last two expansions (and most of them from BfA).
    Add on top of that the Shadowlands attack on Thunder Bluff with completely new Wraith models.

Formerly known as Arafal

And on top of that the whole Forsaken and Calia stuff.
    BfA has had a very apparent underlying buildup of death/undeath related stuff, culminating in Sylvanas' end goal. And as it won't be 8.3, 9.0 is the most likely option.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried to do loyalist war campaign and then escape with Eltrigg during final chapter? Maybe we have some extra dialogue there?