Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Wrathion is actually corrupted LMAO
    Seeing as he's a part of the legendary cloak stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't within Ny'alotha vision alternate timeline.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Patch looks good, but I am a little bitter how this expansion was total bait and switch in the story. You look back to the expansion trailers and now this patch, and it's clear the story has no focus. It starts in some way and ends completely unrelated. I was expecting them to at least tie both narratives together in the final act, but we are instead abandoning the original premise and switching to a new one (that was hinted at, of course, but it still is unlrelated to the original one).
    But every patch so far has had old god content so far. And the original narrative wasnt AvH but Battle For Azeroth and throughout all we've been fighting the battle on 2 fronts. One has finished in 8.2.5 (tho Slyvanas is still to be dealt with) and the other is coming to an end in 8.3 presumably, which pretty much ties the Battle For Azeroth that was advertised with the expansion name.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    New world boss. Interesting.

Wrathion is actually corrupted LMAO

He back.

Also, Wrathions dragon form was shown on the wowhead stream and it looks amazing.
    Seems his potion didn't work. Get rekt. Hopefully we free him and not actually kill him.

And I'm not sure I got that well but... Is Alleria going to be a boss?

EDIT: Nevermind, probably heard it wrong on the live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Seeing as he's a part of the legendary cloak stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't within Ny'alotha vision alternate timeline.
    Well, we will probably just knock him out of his corruption or whatever. Honestly doubt they would introduce Wrathion again just to kill him off the same patch.

"Wrathion, the Black Emperor - Despite all his schemes, Wrathion could not avoid succumbing to the madness that claimed his father. With his mind corrupted by N'Zoth, the Black Prince is a force of unbridled hatred, capable of annihilating all who oppose him in blood and flame."

What a fucking waste...

I'm killing this asshole.

Man, Wrathion grew up fast, has been less than 5 years since his showed up as a whelp at the end of the WoD legendary campaign, and suddenly he is fully grown. Someone is abusing the steroids methinks.

Grand Empress Shek'zara - With the awakening of N'Zoth, Shek'zara, empress of the mantid, pledged her swarm to the old god's will. In service of her dark master, she unleashed her forces upon the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to claim Pandaria in N'Zoth's name.
    New world boss. Interesting.
    Same Empress referenced in one of the island expedition quests. https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53164/sonic-stone

Assault: Amathet - The Amathet are assaulting the Forge of Origination!
    Amathet are the ones that show up in islands. https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53176/glittering-scarab

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Like father like son, am I right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    To fill blanks, we could get:

- Allied Races: Lightsomething Undead for Alliance, something-based-on-worgen-model (Saberon?) for Horde, Tortollan neutral race - "Pandaren" AR (you must pick side)

- Heritage: Troll/Draenei + Pandaren (maybe with blue and red versions)
    I'm sure Alliance players will love it if Horde gets another feline race that's completely new while they get just recolored Undead.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

N'zoth is listed as a... faction. You know, like the ones for reputations.

WUT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Where did you get that?
    On the Wowhead stream, they said they found references to Alleria (in the dungeon journal?).

7+ Year Old Account
    1) Looks sick
    2) Please oh please don't turn him into Deathwing Junior...

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But every patch so far has had old god content so far. And the original narrative wasnt AvH but Battle For Azeroth and throughout all we've been fighting the battle on 2 fronts. One has finished in 8.2.5 (tho Slyvanas is still to be dealt with) and the other is coming to an end in 8.3 presumably, which pretty much ties the Battle For Azeroth that was advertised with the expansion name.
    Look at trailer announcement. Look at first cinematic. Look at Warbringers.

It's very glaring when you realize that we faced Jaina and Azshara, and yet the last Warbringer, and the one responsible for the entire expansion happening, exited the story unscathed before its end.

It would have narrative cohesion if the N'Zoth stuff was setting up next expansion, or if both storylines converged in the end. Instead, the original storyline was dropped and switched for N'Zoth.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-10-07 at 08:24 PM.
    Whatever...

alleria is corrupted and is a raid boss
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I hate that this basically confirms his tentacles are separate models, which means his "fight" will just be smacking his tentacles.

Madness of Deathwing sucked, and this will too.
    Not sure about that. His tentacles actually appear to be part of the skybox.

I think it's a bit too soon to be making assumptions. Blizzard is well aware of how Dragon Soul was received, I think they will do something new this time.

Edit: Looks like this is just his carapace and his "true form" will be the actual final boss, and seemingly kept secret (encrypted?) until we face him. So, yeah.

That said, the red tendrils of energy all over the place in Ny'alotha really do remind me of the red tendrils of energy snaking out of the Maelstrom.

Nice callback.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-07 at 08:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    alleria is corrupted and is a raid boss
    Don't see her on the front page of MMOC unless under a different name
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But there has been no attempt made to tie the 2 narrative together beyond a slapdash "N'zoth schems while we fight meaninglessly, woe is us"
    It could have worked if Sylvanas was not so clearly the villain being set up this entire expansion.

If you want an example of how to marry 2 disparate plots into 1 cohesive story for the final raid, watch the 6.1 Legendary questline cutscene were Gul'dan makes Grom watch as he corrupts the Horde with fel.
    There was no cutscene like this in BfA, the closest is Sylvanas running away in 8.2.5, but this doesnt really make the Old god story feel less tacked on.