Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How much would the dps difference between MM and BM be enough to make you swap specs? Right now My MM spec is 3% better on single target but worse on AoE ,would that difference be enough to use him on bosses like taloc, mother and fetid considering BM's dont lose any damage if they have to move.
    Last edited by Sabinn; 2018-09-16 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    How much would the dps difference between MM and BM is enough to make you swap specs? Right now My MM spec is 3% better on single target but worse on AoE , should would that difference be enough to use him on bosses like taloc, mother and fetid considering BM's dont lose any damage if they have to move.
    I would go BM not only for the mobility but also utility/survivability. Spirit mend is huge.

Deleted
    Am I correct to assume that Lasermatrix inside Uldir is considerably more important than 15 itemlevel (+primal instics) inside Uldir? (if it's your only activator of course)

Or is it too early?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-09-16 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Hi i think i'm constantly in a sweet spot / nightmare because i got my raidbots stats priority almost pair haste 1.41 crit 1.40 mast 1.37, when i try to swap 1 enchant on ring the +27 crit i got to haste then crit became 1.41 and haste 1.40..... so ..... i'm balanced????
    Got a questions.... at the beginning i use to sim myself in patchwerk mode, but isn't it unrealistic???? what's the point of that??? i use as standar now the light movement scenario for single target and the hective and cleave for aoe scenario, is this better or worse for sims my self???
    For BM it doesn't make a difference, if you sim patchwerk or light movement or even heavy movement, since BM has no movement restrictions whatsoever.
    Even on other specs, you should usually just sim patchwerk to get your statweights though, since light movement/heavy movement aren't realistic scenarios either.

Deleted
    I noticed on our Icy Veins guide that we should now use Haste gems/food/enchants instead of Crit. Was there any big change? I don't see any explanation from Azortharion on the guide itself, at least I don't spot any.

Recently, SimCraft was updated to take into account the Basic Attack macro that most people who try at all are using. This lifted Haste's stat weight significantly because now your Basic Attack damage effectively scales with Haste.

I know it’s the BM thread, but I didn’t see the macro suggestion of /cast Claw /cast Bite /cast Smack in the SV section and assuming it’s not in the MM one either. We should still have it for those 2 specs as well shouldn’t we?

Nop, it is only relevant for BM.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to get some feedback on where I can improve. I thought i was doing a lot better but logs dont show that :/. Thank you

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Nop, it is only relevant for BM.
    Hey - Quick Q RE: Your guide on Icy Veins. Firstly, thanks for spending the time doing that.

Secondly - I have my spec macro'd out of the ying yang for the claw/bite/smack, along with the petattack macros, but it's never mentioned how to control the pet. Should we be leaving it on passive? Assist? Should any of the abilities still have auto cast on, or do we turn them off?

I just sort of blindly expect the macros to be working as expected, but watching my pet move about a raid fight inbetween mobs (looks like some downtime from spamming and moving) has me questioning if something is amiss.

Thanks.

Right now I recommend leaving your pet on assist, because otherwise it will tend to run back to you during your opener and stuff. The downside of assist is that it will swap if Cobra a far-off target, but the former outweighs the latter..

Everything should be on auto-cast except for Spirit Mend.

Awesome thanks. Also random side thought - Is there any special way you handle your pet on the first boss of Sethraliss? On even a +4, mine dies minimum once, often twice every single time. I'm not hitting the lightning shield at all (outside of cleave) during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Everything should be on auto-cast except for Spirit Mend.
    Is there any DPS downside for having Spirit Mend on auto-cast, or do you just recommend it cause the AI isn't that good in handling the ability/you want to have it on demand?

There is a tiny DPS downside because Spirit Mend costs 5 Focus every time. It's pretty miniscule but you should have it off autocast mostly so you can use it when it matters to save someone's life.

I'm sure you also don't want spirit walk on autocast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Azerite traits updates

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-september-17/

Hunter

(Beast Mastery) Feeding Frenzy: Damage increased by 400%
    (Marksmanship) Arcane Flurry: Duration increased to 10 seconds, damage reduced by 45%

Will 400% be enough to make it worth using though?

and some nerfs:

Laser Matrix: Damage reduced by 30%
    Thunderous Blast: Damage reduced by 35%
    Last edited by Sativex; 2018-09-18 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Azerite traits updates

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-september-17/

Hunter

(Beast Mastery) Feeding Frenzy: Damage increased by 400%
    (Marksmanship) Arcane Flurry: Duration increased to 10 seconds, damage reduced by 45%

Will 400% be enough to make it worth using though?

and some nerfs:

Laser Matrix: Damage reduced by 30%
    Thunderous Blast: Damage reduced by 35%
    I'm surprised they didn't nerf Primal Instincts considering that it sims way ahead of Thunderous Blast on single target, and even further ahead on 3 targets. In fact Thunderous Blast falls behind a lot of other traits on 3 targets, becoming middle of the pack, which arguably should be considered in the tuning (i.e. it should do better in single target if it's weaker in AoE).

They did mention that this is only the first pass though, and that more were to come. I think we should fully expect Primal Instincts to get nerfed eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't nerf Primal Instincts considering that it sims way ahead of Thunderous Blast on single target, and even further ahead on 3 targets. In fact Thunderous Blast falls behind a lot of other traits on 3 targets, becoming middle of the pack, which arguably should be considered in the tuning (i.e. it should do better in single target if it's weaker in AoE).

They did mention that this is only the first pass though, and that more were to come. I think we should fully expect Primal Instincts to get nerfed eventually.
    maybe once they buffed all other Bm traits.. no point in nerfing the ONLY usable unique spec trait atm

At a quick glance it looks like Archive will now be preferred over Laser Matrix to obtain Reorigination Array.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post

I'm not surprised. Primal Instinct is one of their very few "success stories"-traits; It modifies your rotation, it alters your resource income, and it's tuned to be good for both single target and AOE. It's what they want *all* traits to be like if they can (as evidenced by feeding frenzy being buffed to be on-par for single target and alter your playstyle somewhat due to longer frenzy).