Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Is shadow the worst its ever been?

303 warrior in my heroic=10k overall dps
    308 me=6k

Bosses he was also beating my by a similar margin, we need about 20% more haste before we are going to catch up to melee.

I expect massive buffs for shadow priests soon, small tweaks is not going to cut it.

I decided to start a list of reasonable things blizzard could do to fix the spec, ill add ones that i find are good suggestions:
    1. Fix the dot refresh on voidbolt
    2. Tack 10% haste onto shadowform
    3. Buff our dots (this is important for multi target fights, which is the actual identity for shadow priests)
    4. This is a big one, make us far more powerful in solo content. This change alone would quell much of the complaints about current shadow. We have never been known as a great solo class but blizzard can turn that on its head by buffing the healing from VT and giving shadow orbs on mob death.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2018-08-23 at 01:03 PM.

Yeah Shadow Priest below 15% haste has always been a pain, that's even more true now that we have several casts

They should give priests 15% haste buff as baseline, like fire mages got their 15% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    They should give priests 15% haste buff as baseline, like fire mages got their 15% crit.
    This is what i fully expect to happen, they need something between now and the 8.1 redesign.

No, shadow is not the worst its ever been. No matter what shadow has, it can't be worse than CoP.

Deleted
    Honestly I dont understand how you guys can complain this much. I’ve seen people complaining about leveling is slow. I was one of the first 120s in my guild and as from 110 I could easily pull packs of 8-10 mobs and can still do. Done all mythics and the only class that is above me in the meters is rogues. I’m at 331 Ilvl. I agree that we need some bufs but we’re not that bad as some say we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabear View Post
    Honestly I dont understand how you guys can complain this much. I’ve seen people complaining about leveling is slow. I was one of the first 120s in my guild and as from 110 I could easily pull packs of 8-10 mobs and can still do. Done all mythics and the only class that is above me in the meters is rogues. I’m at 331 Ilvl. I agree that we need some bufs but we’re not that bad as some say we are.
    Hey look, someone who only talks about "numbers" and "buffs", how surprising

Deleted
    Haha don’t be a crybaby. I actually enjoy the gamestyle we have atm. Much faster buildup and the burst every 40 seconds is insane

Deleted
    Haha don’t be a crybaby. I actually enjoy the gamestyle we have atm. Much faster buildup and the burst every 40 seconds is insane
    Good for you. Most people seem to find the playstyle clunky and boring though. It feels very bare-bones and just too simple to be enjoyable.

Comes from an account with 2 posts.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Deleted
    I’ve been a lurker for a time but felt that I had to make an account to write my previous post. Sorry I’m not as active on forums as you seem to be buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenodrake View Post
    Comes from an account with 2 posts.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Deleted
    Someone never played during TBC, when the only reason to bring a shadowpriest was as a mana sponge

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Good for you. Most people seem to find the playstyle clunky and boring though. It feels very bare-bones and just too simple to be enjoyable.
    Good for you. Most people seem to find the verbiage of "clunky" and "toxic" overused though. It feels very doomsayer and just too stale to take you seriously.

A hammer is clunky, but the tool still works and does its job. To relate to the game, the only definition of "clunky" that relates to spriest is outdated. Yes, the kit is outdated, but like the hammer, it does its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Someone never played during TBC, when the only reason to bring a shadowpriest was as a mana sponge
    I loved that <3

TBC was my favorite time to raid as SPriest, every Raid had a Slot for a SPriest, since you wanted 2-3/raid depending on Raidsetup. Also SPriest role was Special, not a Healer, not a DD, not a Tank, but a Manasupport. And the Healer in your group were thankfully when you did your job good <3

Right now? I can't believe words like " I could easily pull packs of 8-10 mobs and can still do" - my VErruption hits for 9k (329 ilvl), SC for 5k and Dark Void for 4k, so my best burst is VErr+DA+SC+DV for 29k (ignoring crits because of 14% CR). Normal NPCs during WQ have 55k+ HP, so I have to kill 25k HP with Mindsear, dealing 2,9k dmg over 2,7sec, ~ 1k DPS, and SWP, with ~425 DPS. so with my 1425 DPS I take 17sec to kill the remaining mobs, and I cant take the damage from 10 mobs over 10 seconds. I get meleed for ~3k a swing, resulting in 30k dmg per swing from 10 mobs.

I played all my Mythics as Disc, but in the few HCs I did as Shadow I felt underwhelming. My DPS suck as soon as I have to move outside of Voidform, for Trashpacks nearly every melee shits on me, despite DV+VErr+SC and mindsear, and we dont shine at Singletargetfights to outweight that... Maybe it will be better in the Raids, but right now I wait for 8.1 while zerging the WQs with my 5-6k DPS as Disc.

/edit: Did a Mythic just now, damage was okay, was always 3. place behind rogue/hunter, but I guess thats okay, since they aren't caster
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2018-08-17 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Good for you. Most people seem to find the verbiage of "clunky" and "toxic" overused though. It feels very doomsayer and just too stale to take you seriously.

A hammer is clunky, but the tool still works and does its job. To relate to the game, the only definition of "clunky" that relates to spriest is outdated. Yes, the kit is outdated, but like the hammer, it does its job.
    What the hell is this post? Clunky is obviously supposed to mean rough, uneven, unbalanced or something like that. It just doesn't 'flow' very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    What the hell is this post? Clunky is obviously supposed to mean rough, uneven, unbalanced or something like that. It just doesn't 'flow' very well.
    You sir might be a moron. Don't worry, they have tests for these things.

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school...e=moron-test_1

What's so hard to understand that I'm making fun of the words you and most gamers today use to describe EVERYTHING? Toxic/clunky, is a plague that will go down in the history books of the downfall of man's intellectual growth. Along with the passing of DNA, at the rate that would make rabbits jealous, comes the venereal disease - acronyms.

Apparently the gameplay value you seek must be greater than that of a microwave keypad. Got news for you, the whole game is that dumbed down to accommodate the rise of people who need traffic lights at their feet so they don't walk into traffic while texting.

/idiocracy

You sir, might not be a moron. You completely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You sir, might not be a moron. You completely are.
    Don't be toxic bro

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP, you'll have to reroll. Why not chose other classes with a better playstyle / numbers for you? They are there.

You just need to give in.