Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there is nothing i would like more ... but first we need 2h to return to frost, i mean would be really sad if they could not wield it ...

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Look I really dont want to be rude but if you think that Apocalypse is more iconic than Frostmourne, then you are living in dream land and totally delusional. How can anything else you say be taken seriously after saying that if you dont retract that.

TLR?

OP thinks Apocalypse is more iconic than Frostmourne, therefore reason to make it transmoggable.

Come on dude, get real. Warglaives are iconic, but they dont hold specific significant power like Frostmourne to my knowlege so theres no reason the player cant pick them up.

Xalatath and the warrior legion weapons are NOTHING in terms of being icons compared to frostmourne, jeeeeeez why dont you get it.

Blizzard will make something more powerful than ANYTHING that currently exists sometime during 9.0/9.1/9.2/9.3 watch and see, thats how stories develop.

Blizzard dont want to just throw over the most iconic item in the entire of Warcraft history to the players. End of story there.
    It is not more iconic, it is more important as in more powerful.

Warglaives hold a demon's power. Full fel onslaught of corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, frostmourne is destroyed and too significant to the lore to give to players.
    Warglaives as a mog for DH's would like a word with you.

shadowmourne should

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Warglaives as a mog for DH's would like a word with you.
    That ........

Yes but again, obviously its more powerful, thats how games and films work, theres no more discussion needed here, its literally only because as time moves forward more powerful things are required.

Nowhere in the lore to my knowlege is it stated that Warglaives hold a demons power. They are simply fel weapons. Powerful yes, but nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Warglaives are not as significant to the lore as Frostmourne. Do you really think if there was a poll:

What is the most iconic weapon in Warcraft history.

Frostmourne
    Warglaives of azzinoth
    Gorehowl
    Ashbringer
    Doomhammer

etc etc etc that Frostmourne wouldnt clearly win.

- - - Updated - - -

What I said above :P
    It is not. Even Toothpicks lore state sthat they are more powerful than Frostmourne. It's canon.

They are binded to Illidan. Fel corrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It is not. Even Toothpicks lore state sthat they are more powerful than Frostmourne. It's canon.

They are binded to Illidan. Fel corrupts.
    actually it doesnt say its more powerful than frostmourne, it does say it has no equal but frostmourne no longer exists at that point but the lore of the weapon ignores all the other legion artifacts so its not accurate to claim it has no equal anyway.

Demon hunters are the exception to fel as they are able to use that power without corrupting the soul and use it for good as most others would not be able too.

Frostmournes power mostly lies in the souls and abilties those souls have since you can have access to limitless abilities for any situation making you invincible when used properly.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

My only issue is that frost wouldnt get to wield frostmourne unless Blizz goes away from the dumb dualwield fantasy.

Unholy and blood can use a 2h to transmog. But they wouldnt match the color theme with their ability color theme.

Well unholy would work for me, but I'm colorblind :u it only looks a little off.

I'd honestly love a melee animation override transmog.
    So my enhancement shaman can transmog a 2hander.

Or let me play fury with dual wield 1 handers. Because I dislike the massive 2h dualwield theme.

They really need to relax some of their transmog rules. Let some more visual diversity come into play.

10+ Year Old Account

Warglaives are not as significant to the lore as Frostmourne.
    That's not what you're saying in the post I quoted of yours, though.

"frostmourne is destroyed and too significant to the lore to give to players."

Would that then apply to Warglaives too because they were significant during Illidan's campaign? You can't pick and choose what lore weapons should be moggable and what shouldn't when you're arguing that iconic weapons shouldn't be given to players. Fact of the matter is, any DH can mog those Glaives at any time they like, be it 70 or 120, they can show them off any time they want. If they're going that route with lore weapons, then there's no reason why they can't have a replica Frostmourne

That's not what you're saying in the post I quoted of yours, though.

"frostmourne is destroyed and too significant to the lore to give to players."

Would that then apply to Warglaives too because they were significant during Illidan's campaign? You can't pick and choose what lore weapons should be moggable and what shouldn't when you're arguing that iconic weapons shouldn't be given to players. Fact of the matter is, any DH can mog those Glaives at any time they like, be it 70 or 120, they can show them off any time they want. If they're going that route with lore weapons, then there's no reason why they can't have a replica Frostmourne
    Because Frostmourne was shattered and reforged into something completely different.

Glavies, doomhammer, Ashbringer are all existing weapons in the game and have not been destroyed and reforged.

I don't buy into the idea that because a weapon is too powerful you can't wield or tmog it, if that was the case then we would struggle to wield Aggramars MASSIVE sword and so on, but the fact remains that Frostmourne was destroyed and reforged so is no longer in the game (lore Wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Rustaclut0 View Post
    Because Frostmourne was shattered and reforged into something completely different.

Glavies, doomhammer, Ashbringer are all existing weapons in the game and have not been destroyed and reforged.

I don't buy into the idea that because a weapon is too powerful you can't wield or tmog it, if that was the case then we would struggle to wield Aggramars MASSIVE sword and so on, but the fact remains that Frostmourne was destroyed and reforged so is no longer in the game (lore Wise).
    wouldnt matter at all with the power of frostmourne its the fact that it corrupts the user and its only meant to be for the lich king so it should never be obtainable at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    wouldnt matter at all with the power of frostmourne its the fact that it corrupts the user and its only meant to be for the lich king so it should never be obtainable at all.
    It's hard not to see upon first glance but the word "replica" was italicized in my previous post, meaning we could just as easily have forged our own or have a Scourge Blacksmith in Acherus to make a replica Frostmourne, giving us a way to transmog a similarly looking weapon. Add it as a reward for DK's if they ever introduce relevant content to allow for it in the way they did it for DH's so that while it may have been shattered, it's likeness could still have been remade by Acherus Blacksmiths, meaning it's not bending any lore to allow for it to be mogged.

It's hard not to see upon first glance but the word "replica" was italicized in my previous post, meaning we could just as easily have forged our own or have a Scourge Blacksmith in Acherus to make a replica Frostmourne, giving us a way to transmog a similarly looking weapon. Add it as a reward for DK's if they ever introduce relevant content to allow for it in the way they did it for DH's so that while it may have been shattered, it's likeness could still have been remade by Acherus Blacksmiths, meaning it's not bending any lore to allow for it to be mogged.
    but if you cant wield the weapon itself why do players deserve even a imitation of it, and why would it be a DK only thing as the sword can be wielded by anyone that can use a 2h so you would have frostmourne all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    but if you cant wield the weapon itself why do players deserve even a imitation of it, and why would it be a DK only thing as the sword can be wielded by anyone that can use a 2h so you would have frostmourne all over the place.
    Because it should follow the same trend where only DK's can transmog it after their original creator in the same way only DH's can transmog the Warglaives after their previous Demon Hunter leader.

Because it should follow the same trend where only DK's can transmog it after their original creator in the same way only DH's can transmog the Warglaives after their previous Demon Hunter leader.
    The Warglaives are actually obtainable as a drop. Frostmourne isn't. Now SHADOWMOURNE, on the other hand....

warglaives is not a weapon commonly used by other classes but they should also be transmogable by anyone who can wield it, frostmourne is a 2h sword which many classes can use with the side affect of slowly turning that person into a deathknight which is unique to the sword, if it doesnt drop as an actual weapon to use then it shouldnt be transmogable, if it was transmogable then it would end up being just another scrub transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    But now you are just using a loophole to create a pointless task where the player goes back to obtain this item, for what reason story wise, tell me what this quest is for, how is it explained in game, there must be a reason we are sent back to obtain this dangerous item, are they going to use it in the present tense, what is the reason.

I main UH DK (when im actually subbed) and have mained DK since WoTLK, love it. But I dont want frostmourne to be transmoggable personally, it would be cool, but I still dont want it. I do want Shadowmourne though.
    The reason is simple, it's that players want to have the most iconic weapon in the game. Look at warlocks and green fire. It was an entire questline and scenario and backstory giving just to give green fire? It is literally the same thing. If you need I can look up other examples but you get the point. Let's look at some other iconic weapons obtained by players for whatever reason:

Ashbringer
    Gorehowl
    Doomhammer
    Thundefury (Rogue Version)
    Sulfuras (Epic Version)
    Twin Blades of Azzinoth
    Atiesh
    The Bladefist
    Ironfoe

Almost every iconic weapon is obtainable in WoW except for Frostmourne and you can even mention Axe of Cenarius. Allowing players to have the Frostmourne transmog is doable and it would make players happy. To those who don't want to use Frostmourne, just don't get it or if you get the mog then don't use it. However I think Blizzard stands to lose absolutely nothing by making the mog obtainable.

Ashbringer - Not Destroyed, passed down
    Gorehowl - Not Destroyed, Obtained via looting the wielder
    Doomhammer - Not Destroyed, passed down
    Thundefury (Rogue Version) - Look a like but not the same item
    Sulfuras (Epic Version) - Looted not destroyed
    Twin Blades of Azzinoth - Looted not destroyed
    Atiesh - Not Destroyed, Obtained
    The Bladefist - Not Destroyed, looted
    Ironfoe - Not Destroyed, looted

Frost Mourne - DESTROYED AND REFORGED INTO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Strange to me how this is hard to understand.

Now Shadowmourne, that is something that would make sense. I also wouldn't mind having something that LOOKS like Frostmourne, but to have the exact same model makes ZERO sense.

actually it doesnt say its more powerful than frostmourne, it does say it has no equal but frostmourne no longer exists at that point but the lore of the weapon ignores all the other legion artifacts so its not accurate to claim it has no equal anyway.

Demon hunters are the exception to fel as they are able to use that power without corrupting the soul and use it for good as most others would not be able too.

Frostmournes power mostly lies in the souls and abilties those souls have since you can have access to limitless abilities for any situation making you invincible when used properly.
    During crafting quest it says that it is a weapon that will surpass Frostmourne.

Not only DH can wield Warglaives of Azzinoth.

I have never seen or read Arthas or LK using any of the abilities of the dead. It simply gains power while consuming souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    During crafting quest it says that it is a weapon that will surpass Frostmourne.

Not only DH can wield Warglaives of Azzinoth.

I have never seen or read Arthas or LK using any of the abilities of the dead. It simply gains power while consuming souls.
    Frostmourne retains the skills and memories of the souls sucked into it, so it can become more powerful than any other weapon, only DH can obtain the transmog though and rogues and warriors are the only ones to be able to wield both, when arthas first got frostmourne he used abilities he wouldnt of had as a paladin to defeat the dreadlord and thats when he became a DK, probably didnt need to use abilties that frostmourne had at that point if the DK abilities were strong enough.