Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Outdated information, said book is from WotLK.
    Why would a book from WotlK be outdated, even more so since DK class origionated in that expansion.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i dont really care either way but frostmourne shouldnt be wielded by anyone, the blades of the fallen are but a shell of frostmourne and dont have the same abilities and frostmourne is broken at that point, if you take any part from frostmourne so it was possible to wield it, then that weapon would no longer be frostmourne.
    Buddy,

It’s a FUCKING REPLICA.

Read my post carefully before you resort to your shitty ‘it’ll destroy the lore, therefore players can not use it” logic.

WE

JUST

WANT

A

FUCKING

REPLICA

Are you saying that a replica transmog that has NO IMPACT on lore would destroy the lore?

Help me understand why people are against something that is purely cosmetic? Actually, don't.

I dislike illogical posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont really care either way but frostmourne shouldnt be wielded by anyone, the blades of the fallen are but a shell of frostmourne and dont have the same abilities and frostmourne is broken at that point, if you take any part from frostmourne so it was possible to wield it, then that weapon would no longer be frostmourne.
    You don't care either way but have been spending the last couple of days saying that it can not be a death knight weapon. Yeah okay. Of course the blades of the fallen prince are not froutmourne. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Gentlemen I realize that this might be in some way stimulating somewhere in our brains, but I think the best recourse is to depart.
    He wont get what he wants, and we dont benefit from trying to tell him that. Most satisfying thing to do is leave him to howl in his cage with not a thought spared for his expense. I know what I'll be doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would a book from WotlK be outdated, even more so since DK class origionated in that expansion.
    Because the chronicles. It isn't even a retcon because it is a "school" of arcane from the kirin'tor perspective.

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 explains that necromancy is a separate branch of magic part of Death magic. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcane
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Buddy,

It’s a FUCKING REPLICA.

Read my post carefully before you resort to your shitty ‘it’ll destroy the lore, therefore players can not use it” logic.

WE

JUST

WANT

A

FUCKING

REPLICA

Are you saying that a replica transmog that has NO IMPACT on lore would destroy the lore?

Help me understand why people are against something that is purely cosmetic? Actually, don't.

I dislike illogical posts.
    what illogical is wanting a weapon transmog for the sake of it, if you cant wield the weapon itself why do you deserve a tranmog of it, there should at least be some things players cant get their hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because the chronicles. It isn't even a retcon because it is a "school" of arcane from the kirin'tor perspective.

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 explains that necromancy is a separate branch of magic part of Death magic. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcane
    arcane is the most adaptable form of magic and the kiron tor have labled it as arcane magic so that more than adequate to say its arcane magic.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-10-24 at 11:37 PM.

Because there were many retcons since then.

Because there were many retcons since then.
    A comment without information backing it up is irrelevant, but i would guess this thread may close soon since its going nowhere anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    arcane is the most adaptable form of magic and the kiron tor have labled it as arcane magic so that more than adequate to say its arcane magic.
    But it is not. If you are going to ignore lore then that is fine. But it makes you a fool when trying to discuss lore.

A comment without information backing it up is irrelevant, but i would guess this thread may close soon since its going nowhere anymore.
    That book is clearly based on RPG book which is non canon.

But it is not. If you are going to ignore lore then that is fine. But it makes you a fool when trying to discuss lore.

Arcane has nine schools of magic not to mention the possability of chronomancy, if you believe arcane magic is not adaptable then your the one with no understanding of WoW at all.

Arcane has nine schools of magic not to mention the possability of chronomancy, if you believe arcane magic is not adaptable then your the one with no understanding of WoW at all

That book is clearly based on RPG book which is non canon.
    the book is ingame so it canon for world of warcraft, you cant just pick and choose what relevant just to fit your agenda. Plus its also stated in WoWiki in the schools of arcane.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-10-25 at 12:00 AM.

Arcane has nine schools of magic not to mention the possability of chronomancy, if you believe arcane magic is not adaptable then your the one with no understanding of WoW at all.

Arcane has nine schools of magic not to mention the possability of chronomancy, if you believe arcane magic is not adaptable then your the one with no understanding of WoW at all

the book is ingame so it canon for world of warcraft, you cant just pick and choose what relevant just to fit your agenda. Plus its also stated in WoWiki in the schools of arcane.
    That's not how canon works. Please read the first Chronicles. Wow wiki is a fan site with many outdated informations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Necromancy is not a school of Arcane magic. It is that simple. This is the case because the chronicles states it as so. The chronicles trumps the book from WotLK. If you are going to say that the in-game perspective trumps the "bible" of lore written by Blizzard then you will remain a fool. You are choosing to have no understanding of WoW lore and instead are clinging to an out dated understanding simply because you can't accept you were wrong about it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't just pick and choose to fit your agenda then why are you choosing to ignore the lore stated by the Chronicles? Or is this a case of only you can do what you tell others not to do?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magic#/med...icle_Magic.jpg

Necromancy is part of Death. Arcane is part of Order. Believe what you will but like I said ignore the most recent lore on a subject is silly.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-25 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and? u can log in-game, see Sylvanas will do anything to save her ppl in Silverpine forest, only to sh8t on her own story later and decide nah let's go EVIL and do our long life dream (that was never mentioned ever before in the many many stories about her) of destroy stormwind, a dream that doesn't even appear after patch 8.0 lol
    or in a more non sarcastic way, u can find books about the older lore of how Sargeras created BL that contradict with even TBC lore in wow, it even has an achivement even if those in-game lore bookbs are from wc3 era
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Frost and Unholy artifacts should have been reversed, with Frost being 2H and Unholy dual-wield. Someone on Reddit said it pretty well:

I was also solidly in this camp. Even traditionally in RPGs, DW = sustained DPS, 2h = burst. When I think of what Frost wants to do, the silhouette, the fantasy, I imagine the slow creep of Death: it's slow, lumbering, but when it catches you, you will die. It's an avalanche, a blizzard; it builds, coalesces, and destroys, bowling over things in a fury before going dormant again.

Unholy is constant decay, rotting, pestilence -- sustained DPS. Death by a thousand infected cuts.
    It's pie in the sky at this point, obviously, but it's a nice thought.
    (Bonus complaint: Arms warriors should have gotten Gorehowl instead of a sword with void energy bullshit that didn't fit the class fantasy at all)

So? That doesn't mean that it can't be a Death Knight weapon. It is heavily tied to existing death knight lore because they were tied to the Lich King. Of course you would dismiss the example of the scepter of sargeras because it directly refutes your claim that the weapon can't be for a death knight because it existed prior to them. So now it is the lineage and purpose of a weapon and not just it predating the existence of a "class".

Keep creating those excuse for why it won't work. Each time you, like the other poster, create a new excuse for it can never be used by a death knight. And each time you fail.
    I didn't say it can never be used by a Death Knight, specifically. It can't be used by ANYONE other than the Lich King or someone powerful enough to not let it consume their soul. Why would you lie? Oh, to help support your argument? That's right.

I said it's not a Death Knight weapon. Correct yourself.

I don't create excuses for anything. Not even the people who made the blade could hold it without protection that they themselves put in place. That's a reason, not an excuse. So you, sir or ma'am, are the one failing to provide a sufficient enough reason WHY a Death Knight COULD wield it.

The Scepter of Sargeras is irrelevant in a discussion focused on why Frostmourne cannot be used by the player character. You brought it up, and I refused to discuss it because it literally has no relation to what we're discussing in this context. But by all means, keep lying. It's entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Gentlemen I realize that this might be in some way stimulating somewhere in our brains, but I think the best recourse is to depart.
    He wont get what he wants, and we dont benefit from trying to tell him that. Most satisfying thing to do is leave him to howl in his cage with not a thought spared for his expense. I know what I'll be doing.
    Advice taken. The weapon and its appearance will never be available to the player. No sense in wasting my time here.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-10-25 at 12:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I said it's not a Death Knight weapon. Correct yourself.
    Then why is it a problem if the death knight class can use it if it is something they can use? Make up your mind. Either it is or it isn't. The scepter of Sargeras, despite being a warlock artifact, is not restricted to just Warlocks in the lore. But it was assigned to them much like every other weapon in the game that has had class restrictions or given to one class over another.

But this is all moot since you just said that a player character Death Knight can use Frostmourne. So you are arguing against something you just admitted you actually think is fine.

But this is all moot since you just said that a player character Death Knight can use Frostmourne. So you are arguing against something you just admitted you actually think is fine.
    I didn't say that... at all? Are you a pathological liar all the time, or just on these forums?

Please provide the quote where I said those words. If you mean to go the route of the tabloids and take "I didn't say it can never be used by a Death Knight, specifically." out of context, the let me stop you right there. To clarify, I meant that the weapon can't be wielded by anyone. Period. Not Death Knights exclusively. It is equally unavailable to all classes, which sort-of invalidates your entire uppity, pompous argument.

Death Knights will never get the true Frostmourne. I rest my case.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-10-25 at 12:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please provide the quote where I said those words. If you mean to go the route of the tabloids and take "I didn't say it can never be used by a Death Knight, specifically." out of context, the let me stop you right there. To clarify, I meant that the weapon can't be wielded by anyone. Period. Not Death Knights exclusively. It is equally unavailable to all classes, which sort-of invalidates your entire uppity, pompous argument.
    If it can be used by a death knight why can't it be used by a death knight? You make no sense. If no one can use it period then why did you argue earlier that it was a paladin weapon more then a death knight weapon? If in reality is a weapon for no class. You keep getting angrier and angrier each time I point out a contradiction in your statements.

It's more of a Paladin weapon than a DK weapon. No DK ever held it in its original form.
    There is nothing stopping Death Knights from getting a reforged Frostmourne. No lore. No mechanics. Nothing is stopping it from happening. You have provide no case. You are just saying it won't happen because I say so. Even with out reforging and just a straight up appearance there is nothing stopping it from happening.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-25 at 01:31 AM.

That's not how canon works. Please read the first Chronicles. Wow wiki is a fan site with many outdated informations.
    and still you dont provide me with even a quote from said chronicles, anything thats ingame trumps a book since its the actual game we are talking about

Necromancy is not a school of Arcane magic. It is that simple. This is the case because the chronicles states it as so. The chronicles trumps the book from WotLK. If you are going to say that the in-game perspective trumps the "bible" of lore written by Blizzard then you will remain a fool. You are choosing to have no understanding of WoW lore and instead are clinging to an out dated understanding simply because you can't accept you were wrong about it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't just pick and choose to fit your agenda then why are you choosing to ignore the lore stated by the Chronicles? Or is this a case of only you can do what you tell others not to do?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magic#/med...icle_Magic.jpg

Necromancy is part of Death. Arcane is part of Order. Believe what you will but like I said ignore the most recent lore on a subject is silly.
    and you have still not provided any proof, you cant just say its in this book and not even provide any sort of quote as im not going to buy said book, whats ingame counts more since we are talking about a game.

Main fact is the chance of getting frostmourne is 0%
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-10-25 at 01:54 AM.