Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't much care either way. If it's DK only, fine, it's a DK weapon after all just like the Warglaives are a DH weapon or Ashbringer is a Paladin weapon.

If it's available to everyone, fine also. I'm only going to use it on my DK anyway. Gorehowl is a Warrior weapon but isn't class-locked. Blizzard isn't very consistent on that front. I'll accept either outcomes, but the appearance should be obtainable.

Feelsbadman that we're still stuck with the TBC Gorehowl model.

Can't we just pay Grom a little visit in the Shadowlands?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Costumes aren't permanent.
    So? It is still obtaining an identical appearance of something without having the physical items.

- - - Updated - - -

Mkay, but then riddle me why a Frostmourne replica (exact or not), should be DK only? There's 0 reason for class restricting it.
    There is zero reason why it can't be though. Anything can be restricted for any reason. Just like why artifacts are class restricted even though in most cases anyone could pick them up. Even more so now that they are drained of their power. We all picked up and quested for the Shadow priest dagger yet we can't all transmog it. There is nothing wrong with having class based appearances.

We have race based ones after all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't much care either way. If it's DK only, fine, it's a DK weapon after all just like the Warglaives are a DH weapon or Ashbringer is a Paladin weapon.

If it's available to everyone, fine also. I'm only going to use it on my DK anyway. Gorehowl is a Warrior weapon but isn't class-locked. Blizzard isn't very consistent on that front. I'll accept either outcomes, but the appearance should be obtainable.
    Well, I care. It's either no restrictions for anyone able to use it, warglaives as well, or it's BS on BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? It is still obtaining an identical appearance of something without having the physical items.

- - - Updated - - -

There is zero reason why it can't be though. Anything can be restricted for any reason. Just like why artifacts are class restricted even though in most cases anyone could pick them up. Even more so now that they are drained of their power. We all picked up and quested for the Shadow priest dagger yet we can't all transmog it. There is nothing wrong with having class based appearances.

We have race based ones after all.
    Yeh, I greatly dislike that artifacts are spec locked, it's entirely retarded.

All pieces of armor and Frostmourne contained Ner'shul's soul bits. The helmet is the center-piece, but ALL of the pieces are a part of it.
    Need a citation for that one. Frostmourne was sentient, but nothing pointed that sentience to being Ner'zhul to ny knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Need a citation for that one. Frostmourne was sentient, but nothing pointed that sentience to being Ner'zhul to ny knowledge.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Frostmourne

"When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor as well as the runeblade, Frostmourne. Trapped within an icy tomb called the Frozen Throne, both the armor and the blade were crafted by the Nathrezim[1] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King."
    The suit of armor and sword are basically a giant set of phylactary.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2019-12-20 at 01:58 AM.

On a side-note, the earlier posters are really dense, actually believing Frostmourne was more powerful than the Scepter of Sargeras or Apocalypse. Lmao. Or hell, even the reforged Frostmourne 1h-ers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    On a side-note, the earlier posters are really dense, actually believing Frostmourne was more powerful than the Scepter of Sargeras or Apocalypse. Lmao. Or hell, even the reforged Frostmourne 1h-ers.
    It is a little crazy how much power they wrote into the Legion artifacts. Heck the real reason why the Legion failed is because warlocks stole the scepter. If they didn't then hundreds of portals would have opened up on Azeroth. It also is a bit of a shame how the story for the expansion was so tied up in the individual classes. If you didn't play or read all of the stuff you would miss out on a bunch of the story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is a little crazy how much power they wrote into the Legion artifacts. Heck the real reason why the Legion failed is because warlocks stole the scepter. If they didn't then hundreds of portals would have opened up on Azeroth. It also is a bit of a shame how the story for the expansion was so tied up in the individual classes. If you didn't play or read all of the stuff you would miss out on a bunch of the story.
    That's a fair point.
    And yeah, some of the artifacts were anime-tier, like they could end up in Dragon Ball Z or something. In WoD, I never would've imagined we'd get weapons that would make Frostmourne and Ashbringer look like babies.

And then for the killing blow, the aforementioned Taeshalach and Scythe of the Unmaker, too, which one could consider artifact tier, if not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The axe that was made to be more powerful and made to kill than Lich King is shit tier? Lol no
    It looks like shit in comparison to Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really shouldn't. To see ten thousand other players with the same Frostmourne weapon would turn it into some toy rather than a legendary iconic weapon of Warcraft's lore. Just look at what happened to Doomhammer and Ashbringer. No one gives a shit about it anymore and there is no longer any significance to them like they used to have. They were just given away and then destroyed. Leave the Frostmourne alone.

In any case it's shattered anyway so how would that make sense?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    It really shouldn't. To see ten thousand other players with the same Frostmourne weapon would turn it into some toy rather than a legendary iconic weapon of Warcraft's lore. Just look at what happened to Doomhammer and Ashbringer. No one gives a shit about it anymore and there is no longer any significance to them like they used to have. They were just given away and then destroyed. Leave the Frostmourne alone.

I think he's more proposing fan service, but I agree. As an rper, it wouldn't be much use to me though I'd appreciate how dope it looks.

We are getting quite a few new looking sword, if that is any consolation. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Durgo View Post
    I think he's more proposing fan service, but I agree. As an rper, it wouldn't be much use to me though I'd appreciate how dope it looks.

We are getting quite a few new looking sword, if that is any consolation. >.>
    If Ashbringer, Doomhammer and even the Scepter of Sargeras are fair game, then so is Frostmourne. Hell, we already technically had Frostmourne through the Blades of the Fallen Prince, which became stronger than the original Frostmourne. At this point, it's just about the aesthetic.

And it's a little arbitrary to keep DKs solely blueballed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If Ashbringer, Doomhammer and even the Scepter of Sargeras are fair game, then so is Frostmourne. Hell, we already technically had Frostmourne through the Blades of the Fallen Prince, which became stronger than the original Frostmourne. At this point, it's just about the aesthetic.

And it's a little arbitrary to keep DKs solely blueballed at this point.
    100% correct.

Frostmourne has been destroyed. It’s not in the game anymore.

People ... Relax.... we get Shadowmourne Wednesday! The cup it half full

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is correct but also contradicting to being able to have Frostmourne... it was destroyed and reforged into something completely different and as such is no longer in the game... all the other items Yarathir mentioned are not destroyed and still available as such are transmogable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Frostmourne has been destroyed. It’s not in the game anymore.
    Doesn't matter. Can be reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    By who? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    frostmourne was designed to be used only by the lich king, it is never going to be a transmog and should never be one anyway.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    frostmourne was designed to be used only by the lich king, it is never going to be a transmog and should never be one anyway.
    Frostmourne was the Lich King (or part of him).

When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor as well as the runeblade, Frostmourne.

The fact that shamans can have doomhammer and paladins can have ashbringer, honestly DK's should have Frostmourne. It's not like you're actually wielding the weapon in game like shamans and paladins did respectively in legion. It's completely aesthetic at this point just like all artifact weapons now, so I see nothing wrong with it.

I mean most of the iconic weapons in the game you can wield at this point too. Even Gorehowl, Twin blades of Azzinoth, and Atiesh are in the game too.