Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, and anyone who picks up Ashbringer unless they are undead could use it.
    Why was Ashbringer a Paladin-only weapon, again?

And you're wrong again. Blades of the Fallen Prince are stronger than Frostmourne in lore. Wah-wah.
    It is not proven that blades of the fallen are more powerful since frostmourne is now gone, you have to be really naive to think the abilities of each of the weapons even compare, and the highlord deathknight has used the corrupted ashbringer so a DK has used a version of ashbringer.

You cant tell me you dont think summoning as many undead as you want, including powerful dragons and the ability to kill a whole raid of adventurers in one ability is less powerfull than 2 swords that hold some frost powers.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 02:09 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Most things in WoW are just handed to players with no requirement of skill, frostmourne is just one of those things the player should not entitled to have, it also seems DKs are way too self entitled when it comes to forstmourne especially, as above i mentioned if it was available it should be usuable by anyone that can wield it but DKs are straight to DK only.
    So you have a problem with things being handed to players but want something to be handed to all players.

do you really want to see everyone running around in frostmourne, no matter what the weapon looks like you get bored of it.
    So then you are bored with it. You already see everything a bunch and you used to see everything a bunch. Nothing has changed. If you get bored of something than that is your own personal problem. Others would not get bored of it. Others do not even care because it is all about what their character looks like. Even your restrictions you would still see a bunch of people running around with it. You keep coming up new reasons why it can't be put into the game as your previous ones are debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

But why do you deserve even a transmog of a sword your unable to wield/control, its this sort of mentality that ruins the MMO experience, the give me this because i pay for a game so i deserve it attitude, this is what devalues the whole experience.
    But why are you the one to judge what others value in a game? Why is your experience suddenly ruined because others can use a model for a weapon? There is no reason why everything added to the game has to be because players deserve it. Some things can just be added because it is cool to have.

- - - Updated - - -

its not a deathknight weapon, it was created only for the lich king, anyone who can pick up a 2h sword can use it, in reality the blades of the fallen are not stronger than frostmourne its only for the story, frostmourne can raise entire armies including dragons and wipe out entire armies on its own, blades of the fallen cant do that.
    It is an iconic death knight weapon. That is undeniable. Every weapon in the game can be picked up by anyone lore wise. But some weapons have class restrictions attached to them. Something being a 2-hand sword does not mean everyone who can use a two hand sword is allowed to use it mechanics wise.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It is not proven that blades of the fallen are more powerful since frostmourne is now gone, you have to be really naive to think the abilities of each of the weapons even compare, and the highlord deathknight has used the corrupted ashbringer so a DK has used a version of ashbringer.

You cant tell me you dont think summoning as many undead as you want, including powerful dragons and the ability to kill a whole raid of adventurers in one ability is less powerfull than 2 swords that hold some frost powers.
    We raised the new Four Horseman and a dragon ourselves. Frostmourne was broken, reforged into two blades and then we filled it with more power than ever before in Legion, especially after we drained Sargeras' sword.

You're wanking off OG Frostmourne too hard. As I said, there's artifacts that make it look tiny by comparison, like Scepter of Sargeras, Apocalypse, Ulthalesh.

And answer me: why is Ashbringer Paladin-only? The real Ashbringer. Sure, it's an iconic Paladin weapon, but it can be held by non-Paladin characters.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you have a problem with things being handed to players but want something to be handed to all players.

So then you are bored with it. You already see everything a bunch and you used to see everything a bunch. Nothing has changed. If you get bored of something than that is your own personal problem. Others would not get bored of it. Others do not even care because it is all about what their character looks like. Even your restrictions you would still see a bunch of people running around with it. You keep coming up new reasons why it can't be put into the game as your previous ones are debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

But why are you the one to judge what others value in a game? Why is your experience suddenly ruined because others can use a model for a weapon? There is no reason why everything added to the game has to be because players deserve it. Some things can just be added because it is cool to have.
    Cool to have is not good enough reason to have something in game, it should serve a purpose otherwise its pointless, frostmourne is like one of the few items that will never be obtainable by players.

Cool to have is not good enough reason to have something in game, it should serve a purpose otherwise its pointless, frostmourne is like one of the few items that will never be obtainable by players.
    It serves a purpose.

Giving Death Knights something cool that they've already had in all but the look. Something Paladins and Shamans got to do in Legion. That is purpose enough. The fact that you can tie a cool flavor questline to it in Torghast at the Forge of Domination makes it even cooler.

15+ Year Old Account
    And answer me: why is Ashbringer Paladin-only? The real Ashbringer. Sure, it's an iconic Paladin weapon, but it can be held by non-Paladin characters.
    While it can be wielded by anyone, only a Paladin has the ability to channel the Light to make the utmost of its abilities, since priests can't/won't use 2-handed weapons (being the frail priests they are). Since the Ashbringer was forged from a naaru core (if I recall my lore correctly). So as a result, it's Paladin only. I imagine any class not being a DK, trying to wield any of the DK Artifacts, would get their souls consumed (or in the case of the Maw, flesh and blood too).

If we're talking purely from rp/lore perspective.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    While it can be wielded by anyone, only a Paladin has the ability to channel the Light to make the utmost of its abilities, since priests can't/won't use 2-handed weapons (being the frail priests they are). Since the Ashbringer was forged from a naaru core (if I recall my lore correctly). So as a result, it's Paladin only. I imagine any class not being a DK, trying to wield any of the DK Artifacts, would get their souls consumed (or in the case of the Maw, flesh and blood too).

If we're talking purely from rp/lore perspective.
    Oh yeah, I know why. I was just asking Kenn, who apparently thinks Frostmourne shouldn't ever be transmoggable because he doesn't want it being DK-only and is upset by the idea, as if it somehow shouldn't be DK-only. You know, just to test out the consistency of his logic.

We raised the new Four Horseman and a dragon ourselves. Frostmourne was broken, reforged into two blades and then we filled it with more power than ever before in Legion, especially after we drained Sargeras' sword.

You're wanking off OG Frostmourne too hard. As I said, there's artifacts that make it look tiny by comparison, like Scepter of Sargeras, Apocalypse, Ulthalesh.

ashbringer is paladin only because blizzard would be too lazy to make all the legion weapons obtainable by anyone and the respective owners of the weapons would just keep it locked away in the armory since the legion weapons are just normal powered weapons now.

Blades of the fallen are unable to raise the dead or destroy armies, the power built up in the weapon was used just for one purpose.

It serves a purpose.

Giving Death Knights something cool that they've already had in all but the look. Something Paladins and Shamans got to do in Legion. That is purpose enough. The fact that you can tie a cool flavor questline to it in Torghast at the Forge of Domination makes it even cooler.
    coolness serves no valid purpose.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 02:27 AM.

But why do you deserve even a transmog of a sword your unable to wield/control, its this sort of mentality that ruins the MMO experience, the give me this because i pay for a game so i deserve it attitude, this is what devalues the whole experience.
    I never said anything about "Deserving" anything. Deserving is a side argument you made to derail because you're fully aware that you're 100% wrong. I want Frostmourne because other classes got iconic weapons, and Death Knight didn't get theirs. The Blades of the Fallen Prince don't look as cool as Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    I never said anything about "Deserving" anything. Deserving is a side argument you made to derail because you're fully aware that you're 100% wrong. I want Frostmourne because other classes got iconic weapons, and Death Knight didn't get theirs. The Blades of the Fallen Prince don't look as cool as Frostmourne.
    What am i wrong about, frostmourne is not a DK iconic weapon, its a lich king weapon so why should you get that.

ashbringer is paladin only because blizzard would be too lazy to make all the legion weapons obtainable by anyone and the respective owners of the weapons would just keep it locked away in the armory since the legion weapons are just normal powered weapons now.
    No, it's because the Ashbringer is an iconic Paladin weapon that doesn't belong in the hands of a hunter. Frostmourne is the same, an iconic Death Knight weapon. Furthermore, it has a mechanic where it gradually turns the user undead anyway, creating another wall for classes that aren't Death Knights.
    Blades of the fallen are unable to raise the dead or destroy armies, the power built up in the weapon was used just for one purpose.
    Scepter of Sargeras once tore apart Draenor with portals, it has the power to do that, even before it's empowered by the player warlock. Yet the warlock doesn't get to just blast Azeroth to pieces and just uses it mainly as a regular weapon. Curious, that..

Might it have to do with gameplay reasons?
    coolness serves no valid purpose.
    That's your opinion. The popularity of transmogrification and the fact that armor and weapons have been a strong carrot on a stick for over a decade prove that wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

What am i wrong about, frostmourne is not a DK iconic weapon, its a lich king weapon so why should you get that.
    Because we already got it in function. Now we just want it in appearance, just as Paladins got Ashbringer and Shamans got Doomhammer.
    frostmourne is not a DK iconic weapon

What am i wrong about, frostmourne is not a DK iconic weapon
    There we go. Kenn's a liar. Everyone can feel free to put him on ignore. No discussion can be had with him because he isn't here in the spirit of honest debate, he's here to lie and deprive the class he isn't playing of a transmog they want.

There we go. Kenn's a liar. Everyone can feel free to put him on ignore. No discussion can be had with him because he isn't here in the spirit of honest debate, he's here to lie and deprive the class he isn't playing of a transmog they want.
    Now be fair to him.

He'd be fine with it if his warrior, paladin, hunter, whatever, character got to use the transmog of the most iconic Death Knight weapon in Warcraft lore. But if not, it's just people being undeserving of it.

No, it's because the Ashbringer is an iconic Paladin weapon that doesn't belong in the hands of a hunter. Frostmourne is the same, an iconic Death Knight weapon. Furthermore, it has a mechanic where it gradually turns the user undead anyway, creating another wall for classes that aren't Death Knights.

Scepter of Sargeras once tore apart Draenor with portals, it has the power to do that, even before it's empowered by the player warlock. Yet the warlock doesn't get to just blast Azeroth to pieces and just uses it mainly as a regular weapon. Curious, that..

Might it have to do with gameplay reasons?

That's your opinion. The popularity of transmogrification and the fact that armor and weapons have been a strong carrot on a stick for over a decade prove that wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we already got it in function. Now we just want it in appearance, just as Paladins got Ashbringer and Shamans got Doomhammer.
    And your still ignore the fact that deathknights used corrupted ashbringer of which is the same weapon, if blizz wanted to they could do a questline to obtain every version of the legion weapons that you can wield but they wont do that just like they wont add a frostmourne transmog.

You have already been proven wrong about the blades of the fallens abilities, it does not posses the abilitie to raise minions like frostmourne or steal souls so you can use those abilities that the souls have, the onyl power if has is its power over the frost.

Now be fair to him.

He'd be fine with it if his warrior, paladin, hunter, whatever, character got to use the transmog of the most iconic Death Knight weapon in Warcraft lore. But if not, it's just people being undeserving of it.
    i have already said i dont even really play any class that uses a 2h so a transmog would mean nothing to me

your the one ignoring the fact that the only person to use frostmourne was the lich king. Being a runeblade doesnt make it a DK weapon. Where is the lore does it state that frostmourne is a deathknight weapon.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 02:47 AM.

And your still ignore the fact that deathknights used corrupted ashbringer of which is the same weapon, if blizz wanted to they could do a questline to obtain every version of the legion weapons that you can wield but they wont do that just like they wont add a frostmourne transmog.
    Okay, so find a way to make Frostmourne a holy weapon, erase decades of it being the most iconic Death Knight weapon, and then it may end up not being DK-only.
    You have already been proven wrong about the blades of the fallens abilities, it does not posses the abilitie to raise minions like frostmourne or steal souls so you can use those abilities that the souls have, the onyl power if has is its power over the frost.
    It literally raised the Four Horseman and a massive, powerful dragon that you then went on to ride. Try to actually read the replies to your posts, or alternatively, read up on DK lore, Frostmourne lore and pretty much any lore at all, because you've proven you're not very well versed in it.

And by your logic, I guess the Scepter of Sargeras can not rip a planet apart even though it is famous for doing so in lore.
    i have already said i dont even really play any class that uses a 2h so a transmog would mean nothing to me
    So why do you think a non-DK should have it?
    your the one ignoring the fact that the only person to use frostmourne was the lich king. Being a runeblade doesnt make it a DK weapon.
    It's not just a DK weapon. It's the literal epitome of a DK weapon.

Okay, so find a way to make Frostmourne a holy weapon, erase decades of it being the most iconic Death Knight weapon, and then it may end up not being DK-only.

It literally raised the Four Horseman and a massive, powerful dragon that you then went on to ride. Try to actually read the replies to your posts, or alternatively, read up on DK lore, Frostmourne lore and pretty much any lore at all, because you've proven you're not very well versed in it.

And by your logic, I guess the Scepter of Sargeras can not rip a planet apart even though it is famous for doing so in lore.

So why do you think a non-DK should have it?

It's not just a DK weapon. It's the literal epitome of a DK weapon.
    100% correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    No model serves a purpose other then to look cool. Yet the game has always had different models for items. You yourself even said you want models to be unique instead of being everywhere. Yet now you claim a model now needs a reason to be in game. A "skill check" is not a purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

That is like saying Warglaives are not a demon hunter iconic weapon they are an Illidan iconic weapon. Runeblades, of which Frostmourne is one, is an iconic Death Knight weapon. And Arthas is the most iconic of modern Death Knights.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do what blizzard did for Demon Hunters, make a icc timewalking event and death knights get frostmourne as a reward for completing the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Just do what blizzard did for Demon Hunters, make a icc timewalking event and death knights get frostmourne as a reward for completing the raid.
    This'd be good.

This'd be good.
    It's something yeah. My preference still goes out to a questline tied to the Forge of Domination at Torghast due to how well that fits in this case.