Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yikes, thinking Doomhammer compares to Frostmourne is pretty ridiculous. Doomhammer is on the level of Ashbringer and Thunderfury, Frostmourne is way above all three.
    they all compare, its just obviously, people who care more about frostmourne will think she is above every other

I don't even really care about it being transmoggable, I could go either way, but Frostmourne is THE most iconic Warcraft weapon, anything else is secondary by a significant margin.
    thats completely your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they all compare, its just obviously, people who care more about frostmourne will think she is above every other

thats completely your opinion
    Well, seeing as I don't really care overall but have just observed the franchise for decades and can clearly tell what's what, I might just be less biased than the guy who's got as much of an Orc fetish as the guys clamoring for High Elves have an Elf fetish.

Doomhammer is an Orc weapon? Who'd've thunk!

In this sense we were already wielding Frostmourne since it's made from the same kind of pixels that [Worn Shortsword] is. It's always been about the model, the lore has minimal importance by comparison.
    Get ahold of yourself, rofl.

i go even further, put the toothpick together and reforge as his true glory is would be undoing the mistake, the mistake of doing two shit blades instead of giving the OG one, because "spec fantasy"
    The blades of the fallen prince are a joke (and a bad retcon) that deserve to rest forgotten, It's probably safer for everyone if blizzard's current 'writers' aren't allowed near anything related to WCIII ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This is one of the main, toxic issues in warcraft today. I don't and you shouldn't give a fuck what other people are running around with. Each of us are our own hero of the Warcraft story and other players are essentially just tools to help us. I want a moggable frostmourne simply because I want it. If that means every other dk can get it handed to them. Then thats fine in my books.
    Nooooooo Papa Ion I don't have every conceivable famous item in the game, please I must have it because I'm the big hero I paid you my $15 REEEEEEEEEEEE.

You aren't entitled to everything by virtue of the fact you own an account in a videogame. I don't care about the quality of the player who would theoretically have access to it, I don't think anyone should have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Same logic applies to warglaives; the argument that "warglaives are a droppable item" is completely invalid unless you're a rogue or warrior. If you're a monk, DK or DH who uses that argument but against frostmourne, then you're just a joke tbh
    Frankly, players shouldn't have had access to the twin blades either, most of the events in TBC with respect to Illidan were a mistake. But it was a different time and the horse has bolted on that one.
    There's a difference between withholding candy from a mewling toddler and trying to pry it out of their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Get ahold of yourself, rofl.
    Guess the point of the post is lost on you then. I'll reiterate in a more concise manner:

It's always been about the model, the lore has minimal importance by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Nooooooo Papa Ion I don't have every conceivable famous item in the game, please I must have it because I'm the big hero I paid you my $15 REEEEEEEEEEEE.

You aren't entitled to everything by virtue of the fact you own an account in a videogame. I don't care about the quality of the player who would theoretically have access to it, I don't think anyone should have access to it.
    Would you like to highlight where I'm entitled to it? Entitled and want are two different things
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, seeing as I don't really care overall but have just observed the franchise for decades and can clearly tell what's what, I might just be less biased than the guy who's got as much of an Orc fetish as the guys clamoring for High Elves have an Elf fetish.

Doomhammer is an Orc weapon? Who'd've thunk!
    ah yes, the high elf boys, of course.

the weapons is so iconic that was turned into 2 toothpicks, what a big joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The blades of the fallen prince are a joke (and a bad retcon) that deserve to rest forgotten, It's probably safer for everyone if blizzard's current 'writers' aren't allowed near anything related to WCIII ever again.
    And they will never be forgotten, the only solution here is be reforged again

if people like the dude above are so delicate about feelings, we could change it a little bit, to not be the sabe but still with the general appearance

ah yes, the high elf boys, of course.

the weapons is so iconic that was turned into 2 toothpicks, what a big joke

- - - Updated - - -

And they will never be forgotten, the only solution here is be reforged again

if people like the dude above are so delicate about feelings, we could change it a little bit, to not be the sabe but still with the general appearance
    Very defensive of you. Did the truth hurt?

Guess the point of the post is lost on you then. I'll reiterate in a more concise manner:

It's always been about the model, the lore has minimal importance by comparison.
    Yes. And in that assumption you are wrong. It is both the visual aesthetic and the lore behind. It has always been both.

In this sense we were already wielding Frostmourne since it's made from the same kind of pixels that [Worn Shortsword] is. It's always been about the model, the lore has minimal importance by comparison.
    not really because getting [Worn Shortsword] didnt involve a quest where the Lich King has you retrieve pieces of Frostmourne to build that sword. which the legion artifact did

7+ Year Old Account
    Very defensive of you. Did the truth hurt?
    defensive? i mean you were the one pointing fingers at someone by some reason, maybe your point was so shit that you had to restore to this?

Yes. And in that assumption you are wrong. It is both the visual aesthetic and the lore behind. It has always been both.
    If you think the majority of people care equally about lore as about cool looks, you may be living in a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    not really because getting [Worn Shortsword] didnt involve a quest where the Lich King has you retrieve pieces of Frostmourne to build that sword. which the legion artifact did
    That's why I said the last part: lore has minimal importance next to what the model is. As proven by how little people care about the Frost DK Artifact.

Nah some stuff should not get into playerhands. Frostmourne is one of them.

It is like THE bad guy weapon of the warcraft universe. There is nothing that comes close. Some people recognize it who never played warcraft.
    Powerlevel wise i don't care. Ther are things like apocalypse which are probably stronger but still.

Same with Shalamayne. (which even still exists and is used)

Frostmounr is simply not there anymore. So how would you acquire it? Somthign this can't just be given to you. And why would the original smith make a replica for you? He probably has other stuff to do than to stroke the vanity of some adventure to make a replica just cause.

Yes, all DKs should wield Frostmourne, that way they also will all succumb to the whispers and be summarily killed off and then no one gets Frostmourne and DKs cease to be.

If you think the majority of people care equally about lore as about cool looks, you may be living in a bubble.
    Lore as in backstory - not "the Dreadlords/Forgemaster of the Shadowlands crafted it" or "it consumes the souls of its victims" parts. No. Something much simpler. Arthas. THE Lich King wielded it. He was cool. He did cool. He had cinematic. People love cool cinematic.

It looks cool, it sounds cool, it feels cool, it is cool. Simple. You don't need to struggle so much regarding the "what reason" is there behind people wanting it. It is so simple. No need to argue which one is more important. To each their own. Some want it for the looks, some for the lore and most... for the simple reason that it is cool (in all the ways I listed above and more).

Lore as in backstory - not "the Dreadlords/Forgemaster of the Shadowlands crafted it" or "it consumes the souls of its victims" parts. No. Something much simpler. Arthas. THE Lich King wielded it. He was cool. He did cool. He had cinematic. People love cool cinematic.
    Ackchyually, Arthas (and frostmourne) had three prerendered cinematics (fall of Lordaeron, ascension, Wrath intro)

It looks cool, it sounds cool, it feels cool, it is cool. Simple. You don't need to struggle so much regarding the "what reason" is there behind people wanting it. It is so simple. No need to argue which one is more important. To each their own. Some want it for the looks, some for the lore and most... for the simple reason that it is cool (in all the ways I listed above and more).
    Right, and "technically" Frost DK already has Frostmourne in a sense. How cool do people find that?

Not very. It's almost entirely the model. Yes, because the LK wielded that model, but what this started out as was "you already have Frostmourne!" "no, it's the wrong model, the lore that it's technically pieces of Frostmourne matters almsot nothing".

Right, and "technically" Frost DK already has Frostmourne in a sense. How cool do people find that?

Not very. It's almost entirely the model. Yes, because the LK wielded that model, but what this started out as was "you already have Frostmourne!" "no, it's the wrong model, the lore that it's technically pieces of Frostmourne matters almsot nothing".
    It's not a Two-Handed sword? Ashbringer also wouldn't be Ashbringer if it wasn't Two-Handed. If it was originally 2x one-handers, then I could see people being perfectly fine with it (for example Twinblades of Azzinoth). But it was a Two-Hander. Then it got changed into something else. The only thing that is the same is the aesthetic. If anything this proves that it isn't just about how it looks but also about what it embodies. Also how it feels. I like all swords including one-handed swords. But Two-Handed swords just have a special place in my heart.

Just accept that you don't speak for everyone mate. It's rough, I know, but you really simply don't.

PS: In an ideal world, I would take both the 1H version and the 2H version. The above explanation applies only in a world where we have to choose BETWEEN the two, which we do not, as one already exists and the other simply doesn't. And we have the means to craft it anew. So let's just craft it anew.

It's not a Two-Handed sword? Ashbringer also wouldn't be Ashbringer if it wasn't Two-Handed. If it was originally 2x one-handers, then I could see people being perfectly fine with it (for example Twinblades of Azzinoth). But it was a Two-Hander. Then it got changed into something else. The only thing that is the same is the aesthetic. If anything this proves that it isn't just about how it looks but also about what it embodies. Also how it feels. I like all swords including one-handed swords. But Two-Handed swords just have a special place in my heart.

Just accept that you don't speak for everyone mate. It's rough, I know, but you really simply don't.

PS: In an ideal world, I would take both the 1H version and the 2H version. The above explanation applies only in a world where we have to choose BETWEEN the two, which we do not, as one already exists and the other simply doesn't. And we have the means to craft it anew. So let's just craft it anew.
    Never claimed I did, I said the majority cares far more for the model than the lore behind it. Hence why the artifact is so unpopular. It really is that simple and you don't even disaree. The model has meaning of its own which vastly surpasses "it's the weapon of the LK".

15+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said the last part: lore has minimal importance next to what the model is. As proven by how little people care about the Frost DK Artifact.
    Lore is what makes the model iconic versus just being a cool model. Something you stated exists for Frostmourne that sets it apart from other iconic lore weapons. If you ignore the lore then it is just another model and nothing special.

- - - Updated - - -

People find the artifact to be cool. That doesn't mean they can't also find Frostmourne cool. A two hand weapon is different then two smaller blades. You can find one cool and still want the other as an option.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."